Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 08:22

Plan: T.K.D.
Stats: 235/183/170 Male 5'9.5" inches
BF:33%/17%/10%
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilli
Boy, do I wish weights alone would melt fat. If 50 heavy squats a day melted all the fat off my thighs, I'd be in heaven. Heck, at least the lifting DOES do a lot. I would've quit by now if I didn't look a heck of a lot better than before I started lifting (and I was actually quite thin then...I can't believe how little lean muscle i had!)

Don't ever stop squatting! In one way, adding muscle does help reduce fat-- for every extra pound of muscle you add, your body must use ~30 calories a day to support it. So if you add 5 pounds of muscle, that is an extra 150 calories of BMR you get to have every day.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 15:25

Plan: My own, post Atkins
Stats: 180/131/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 123%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellipticer
Don't ever stop squatting!

I couldn't even if I wanted to; I am getting married to the guy I train with...Nope, I'll be doing squats for the rest of my LIFE!
Squats are definitely mandatory for any good fitness program- everyone should do them.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-05, 22:50

Plan: Body for life
Stats: 197/193/205 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress:
Default diet?

u see, my diet goes like dis:
breakfast- 5 eggwhites 2 slices of whole wheat bread, skim milk with 1 cup of whey protein powder (i dont blend it but just stirred it with the milk)
lunch- 1 c of rice, salmon, 3 servings of green vegetables, 1 piece of chicken drumstick (not fried)
snack- 1 plate caesar salad, skim milk with WHEY PROTEIN POWDER
dinner- same as lunch
snackk-weight loss shake

any mistakes, i heard gotta eat 5-6 meals a day, dont know if what i am eating is good enuf
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 14:04

Plan: UDS
Stats: 199/190/190 Male 69
BF:12%/11%/6%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoman
u see, my diet goes like dis:
breakfast- 5 eggwhites 2 slices of whole wheat bread, skim milk with 1 cup of whey protein powder (i dont blend it but just stirred it with the milk)
lunch- 1 c of rice, salmon, 3 servings of green vegetables, 1 piece of chicken drumstick (not fried)
snack- 1 plate caesar salad, skim milk with WHEY PROTEIN POWDER
dinner- same as lunch
snackk-weight loss shake

any mistakes, i heard gotta eat 5-6 meals a day, dont know if what i am eating is good enuf

As long as this doesn't put you over the amount of calories you can use in a day, then you should lose the unwanted weight. If you find you are not retaining as muscle as you would like, then you will need to drop some of the carbs, up the protein intake and make sure you are providing a stimulous such as strength/weight training.