Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 16:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/148/140 Female 173.7cm
BF:
Progress: 77%
Thumbs up another 5lbs down

Well since i've gotten the book and now doing it correctly i've lost another 5lbs, i'm now 12 stone , i don't usually weigh myself til later in the week but i just had an incline that i was down a few lbs.
Just incase my scales were wrong i went to see my local Gp and she is delighted and agree's that it's a 5lb loss. That's 10lbs in 2 weeks the first week i went wrong and was also eating plums cherrys and peanuts. But now i am doing it by the book.
I feel great my energy is really going up and i can tell it's helping my pcos because i have less spots , and looking more alive,healthy which is all good. I know that now my weight loss will slow down a fair bit does any 1 know how much it drops? Does it go down to 1lb a week?
Bye for now x
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 08:06

Stats: // Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 33%

Congrats on another 5 pounds!!! Even more, congrats on feeling better and more energetic!
Weight loss and rate of weight loss is highly individual. Some people continue to lose 2 pounds a week. For others its a much slower process. Most everyone experiences unexplainable periods where suddenly nothing happens for weeks or even months and then...whooosh...you start losing again. The point is to keep doing what you know is making you feel better and over time your body and weight will adjust. Wouldn't it be nice if it would keep up at 5 lbs a week. We could all lose everything we want in no time
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 09:31
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Your right it would be fantastic if we could keep to losing 5lbs a week, i haven't started to excercise yet as in the beginning i didn't feel upto it but i was wondering after 2 week induction if weight loss slows down, Could starting exercise help make u loose a few more lbs?
I am happy with a slow loss as i put on weight VERY fast and got stretch marks on backs on knee's and on hips,thighs , luckily none on my boobs or belly phew. And i was worried that losing weight fast would make them worse ( they have only just gone to mild silver lines) i didn't want the ghastly redness back.
I am going to stay on induction til i feel i need to move up my diet abit , i am sure i will get bored with this amount of carbs and want to add something differant that i haven't had during induction.
Bye for now xx
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 20:08

Stats: // Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 33%

Two comments, DevonGalxx. First, exercise will do many good things for you. Building muscle will eliminate the excess skin that people get when they lose either a lot of weight or lose weight quickly. Also, muscle uses up more calories even when you aren' t exercising. So, yes it does rev up the metabolism and keep the weight loss going. Second, it is important to not stay permanently on induction. Though it isn't supposed to be harmful physically, it is important to start incorporating healthy carbs (more veggies, nuts, some berries, and eventually whole grains) slowly and over time. Adding 5 grams/daily per week will allow you to find out what level is a losing amount for you, then later you can continue to add to find out how much is a maintaining amount for you. Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 20:17
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Thanks for that help , i was planning on staying on induction for maybe a month or two , but today i've been wanting more then just fish,cheese,bacon or salad lol but i did find some great ready made meals in my local supermarket with very low carbs. I will start exercise soon because i do have alot more energy to burn and could do with getting in shape