Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-23, 14:31

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default LC Our WAY #9-Here we come...2024!!!!

2024 in 3....2....1!!!!!!! Happy New Year!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-23, 14:45

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

SECOND!

Happy Early New Year!!

Bringing it in with a presumed RAVENS WIN which makes them the BEST TEAM WHOOOOOOO
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-23, 16:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

3nd in and we are "going in" early!!!!!- Getting that jump on 2024!

Hours to go!!!!!!!!!!

May 2024 - be truly the best ever!

Word:
Jaz- Reboot
Nic- Open (love that) alot!
Lori-
Trig-

Lets DO this ladies!!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-23, 16:45

BF:

My word will be: Consistency
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-24, 05:41

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HAPPY NEW YEAR LORI, NICCO AND JAZZ

Heavens to Betsy guys, how did that other thread hit 138,000 views?? Is that real? there ain't no way that can be real LOL

Lori, love your word consistency. But is that new for you HAHA you been consistent for many years now, but yea, I am sure you want to continue it I look to you always as my 'end goal' of losing my last darn few lbs and hitting that consistent maintenance zone I want to be.

Nicco, glad things are going well for ya and you get your down time in DE. I had no idea your construction work was on this level.....wow girl. I talk doing this and that but you and Lori are doing it I ain't even truly considered starting work, well almost the bath redo a bit but heck the holiday time slowed that up.

what is your word? OPEN? didn't see that but Jazz listed it.

Jazz, your new cottage digs sound SO COOL!
Cop next door, good thing.
Hey Lori's son is a policeman so now we got 2 policemen we know, well 3, cause bestie Barb's sis, Pat, her hubby is a cop and get his nickname, COPPY! haha but he is sooner to retire now, Pat just retired from teaching so Coppy will be retiring from the force soon too. ohhh, off on a chat tangent here LOL

dead washer, HUH? wow. never simple is it.

would love pics later.

is the back fenced in any way for Ruger.....if not would the landlord allow you to put up temp fencing? many easy temp fencing you could put around her back door ya know....just thoughts.

Good word: REBOOT! well do just that get more good roasts for the oven

------------------I boozed it up a bit last night.....oh yes I did.
rum and diet pepsi, then I got off the pepsi fast cause it just tasted nasty to using a small amt of sugar free fruit punch powder in water to flavor up the rum some.

couldn't drink alot. real fast the guts started to turn on me LOL but I got buzzed up for a second. Old days of partying are going long gone for me now HA ugh

had a fab ribeye steak. had one of those super tender and tasty to die for ones and I am always appreciative when I do get that perfect steak. I tell ya just by looking at them you can't tell sometimes if chewy or tender.....oh well, eat it and shut up right!!

Word for this year: FINISH

yup. I want that last 15 off me. I am gonna think on ways to do just this. I am basically maintaining now and eat SO ZC well but kinda scared to change it up back into 'diet mode' to 'force' off lbs. Gonna change up how I eat and see what goes down!?! gonna be careful doing this.

day 1.
eating lean.
omg! I haven't even started the darn day, I say eat lean, now all I want is fatty ribs right now this ain't gonna be easy I don't think but we shall see

ok into the new year we go.
lets see how we all fare thru it!
be good all
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-24, 08:37

BF:

Good Morning & Happy 2024!!

I was in bed before 9:30 last night. I heard someone shooting off fireworks at midnight and just rolled over and went back to sleep.

I thought my gut issues were resolved, but nope....back again. WTH? I stopped taking the Red Yeast Rice capsules thinking that was the issue, but still going on. I don't know what is causing it, but I'm tired of it! Ugh.

We invited a single friend to come for dinner tonight, so I have to get my Pork & Sauerkraut into the oven around Noon. I like to roast it for a good 5 hours.

I'm going to get some movement in today, but may need to do a video here at home since I'm having "issues" again. I have my food all planned out for today and will be staying on track for Day #1. I'm staring at 10 lbs that need to go this year. This 10 lbs of "hard lard" has been sticking to me for a few years now...time for it to go!

Have a good day everyone!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-24, 09:01

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Happy New Year, friends!
Grateful for the long time that we have spent together.

Looks like there is a pretty strong focus on dropping the last 'whatever' this year. I'm OPEN to it (see how I did that?!) but just going to keep walking along. It will happen, or not. But definitely will root you all on along the way!

Today Dh and I do some final sorting of the upstairs, with the movers coming in the morning to move the larger pieces of furniture around. Our king bed will go down to the basement bedroom and all the rest of the upstairs furniture will go to the main level living room, and the basement bedroom furniture into the rec part of the basement. Temporary mess but it will all be worth it in the end.

I spent an hour doing a retrospective of the year 2023. It was helpful for me to see that the high stress times were/are temporary. Things pass. The good stuff rises to the surface for me, always. It's just the way my brain works and I'm grateful for that.

Wishing all of us another year together of being open, balanced, persistent and to finish each day with pride for how we showed up.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-24, 10:09

BF:

2024!!!!!!!! We have "Arrived"- May we plow through and finish strong!

Lori- I am really wondering if indeed your "guts" could be that Red Yeast? Or something you are no longer tolerant of. YUM on the pork roast!
Love your word consistency! It fits!

I was in bed by 10:00- I also heard fireworks and rolled over and went back to sleep! LOLOLOL

Trig - Love your word. Finish! I want that too! Need to reboot first! LOLOLOL
OMG I got to tell you I made that roast yesterday in the I-Pot- it was the BEST roast I have ever made. I CHOWED on it. I shredded it with a fork- and poured some broth over it and sprinkled red pepper flakes in it. OMG melts in mouth. We are going to nail this with BEEF!!!!!!!

Any updates on Kiddo car? - Enjoy your next week!!!!!!

Nic- - Any word for the year? We always need our special word!

Sounds like it will be super busy for you with your revamp of the house! But like you said it will be worth it in the end!
Quote:
I spent an hour doing a retrospective of the year 2023. It was helpful for me to see that the high stress times were/are temporary. Things pass. The good stuff rises to the surface for me, always. It's just the way my brain works and I'm grateful for that.
- Love that! Plus so true. Given enough time, it heals a lot and gives us the sunlight after a period of night! The sun does come out!
-------------------------------------------------------

Do you know we have already hit over 100 views already? Who is lurking???????? I know we have such exciting lives!!!!! LOLOLOL

I have one more room to unbox and then I will be 98% done. I worked really hard to get the kitchen working and boxes emptied. I unboxed close to 20 boxes. Took them to a dumpster to recycle yesterday!

Doing ribs today, and unboxing! I am feeling so good about it all! New starts- clean slate!

Goal: for 2024:
1.) drop last 25 pounds
2.) Start walking X 3 times weekly
3.) Start Writing again
4.) Join one group of my interest- ie, card group, walking group, a meet up group, book club. Something to get to know people .

Off to unpack a box and get another cup of coffee!

WELCOME 2024! - WE got this!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-24, 11:39

BF:

Where do you all see the "views" etc for our thread? I don't see anything about that on my page??

Just wondering....

Nevermind.....found it! I'm just a little slow.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-24, 06:12

BF:

Good Morning!

Up way too early with a busy day ahead. I'll do my workout this morning around 9, and then I have to get ready to go out for lunch with my golfing ladies group. One of the girls retired at the end of the year and we're having her party today.

Dinner last night was good, though I think I overcooked the pork roast a bit as it was a little dry. Certainly edible, but could have been better. At least we had our sauerkraut for good luck for 2024! The friend we invited was here for about 3 hours and I was more than ready for him to go home. He's a nice guy, but he never stops talking.

---------

Jaz......You have been busy unpacking boxes and getting settled! I'm sure you're so happy to have your own "stuff" unpacked and ready to use. Do you have a busy week as far as work goes? Back to reality after the holidays.

Nic.....You are doing a much bigger remodel than we are! Whew! Mine doesn't involve any electrical or new plumbing or anything like that, or tearing down walls. It sounds like you have a major project happening. So great that you have your place in DE to escape to.

Trig....Hope DH can get things sorted with DD's car this week. She'll be heading back to school soon, right? I'm sure she's ready to get back in her routine with her friends etc.

---------

I was doing well with my eating yesterday until our friend came and brought a pan of PB fudge. My cryptonite....so freakin' good. Talk about a sugar bomb! I should throw it out, but DH loves it too, so I have to just do my best to ignore the fact that it's sitting on my kitchen table!

Have a good day!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-24, 12:34

BF:

Lori, a sugar bomb LOL yea I ate tons of that crap in the past weeee, avoid like the plague HAHA

yea the views are before ya click the thread on the right....how into the 138K can that be? I don't know, crazy

Nicco, loved reading your post. Open balance your good rises to the top. just feel like you are finding your way in good form and also you are 'getting thru the things' that slam ya when they do. I like all that!

Jazz, YUM on your roast sounding so good.
I got big pork country ribs in oven right now. making ALOT of them for a few leftover eats. I don't mind them reheated at all. Alot of meat I won't eat leftover like steak...nope. but my pork ribs do well cause I keep ALL that juicy fat from the pan and a reheat in that fat is still mouth watering to me.

WE ARE ON OUR WAY GUYS!

------------so the Chop is down. Yup, chills, sweats and etc. I am sure it was ER visit. kiddo is 'ok' but off a bit but I don't feel like she is gonna go down like the Chop.

Me, PERFECTLY fine and avoiding the plague in the house best I can LOL

Chops immune system is crap compared to how healthy I am vs. him. He best see the damn light soon but he won't UGH I ain't bothering either, I live with his troubles best I can and go on with just my healthy, I mean what can ya do 3when one won't change? done, over it just keep buying him drugs and let'er go.

I asked again. 10 days in Key west area in Feb. He said nope. I said why and he said he ain't into it.....yea cause he is 'body sick
all the time it seems, sluggy, gained more lbs, was like 30 he had to lose, now it is bordering on like 50 he has to lose and yea he is going body slug down. He works ALOT and that don't help, he feels he is 'in a real job' which yea he is at this point and they need him but he is 'now off what a job for our early retirement views' were ya know.

OK I AM gonna have to fix this sh** attitude around here sooner than later before the ol' zc gal snaps.

ok chat up later, be good all
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-24, 16:57

BF:

Hey ladies-

Taking a break in-between charts! BACK TO REALITY and work. I got my office pretty much in order. Few things left- not much.

I ventured to Costco on my way back home from a Visit with a client. DOES anybody work anymore??!?!?!?!?- They were PACKED! Anyway- got some shredded pork (cooked) heat and eat, and some breakfast sausage, paper products for the new place. I am set for a minute!
--------------------------------------------------------
Ok that break was short, now I am eating dinner at my desk! LOLOLOL

Trig- Ohhhhhhhh CHOP down for the count! So hope you all stay healthy! IT was Covid too he was exposed to! Fingers crossed. I know 2 people at work that had Covid and my DD all had the Flu. So much right now out there! Girl- keep staying healthy!!!! Keep some Vita D, C, Mucinex just in case in the house!

How is MIL? What did you have for dinner? We are day 2!!!

Lori-
- Glad you had a good time with your friend over. I think it is a hoot when men are chatter boxes!

Have fun at your Golf gals party!
Did you do a workout video today? What did you make for dinner?

Nic- Hey there! Has the Demo started? DE tomorrow? -
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Still have 3 boxes left to unpack. I need now to orginize my clothes closet and the linen closet. I basically just shoved stuff in there to make room! LOL

Bought a Welcome mat for the front door. Not sure where the last one went. Little stuff now. Big stuff done!

LOVING LOVING LOVING my streaming service. I get all my fav channels and a few perks too! I have not been a big TV watcher. But I have a BIG screen TV now and MOVIES- and my new couch back! I am in it!

Work is humming along- no drama there. I am still learning my job. So far it is not hard. It is a bunch of little rules about how to chart for attorneys. It's the language. It is not hard. You gotta be super organized too though. I might struggle a bit with that here and there. The older I get the less I care about time.

Well, off to see whats on the TUBE........

2 Days into to REBOOT and 100%. Humming along with that too!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Jan-02-24 at 18:56.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-24, 07:21

BF:

Good Morning!

We had a good time at our golf gals retirement party. We all buy lottery tix for the guest of honor and she ended up winning $117! A good day for her. I ate all manner of crap and the scale is up this morning. Ridiculous. Trying to do better today.

---------

Jaz.....Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday! OMG....Costco is always nuts! We don't have one around here, but my sister is a member and we sometimes go when I'm at her place. Crazy! I'm trying to do a Pahla B. video every day. I'm a little stiff & sore from yesterday's dumbbell workout, to be honest. I'll get a workout in at some point today.

Trig.....Oh no...sorry to hear that DH is sick. It's sad that he doesn't want to travel and go places just when you're ready to take off. You may be right in that he doesn't feel like going because he's tired from carrying extra weight and just not feeling his best. I hope he will start to follow your good example sooner rather than later. I know he loves his job too......good luck in prying him loose!

Nic.....What's up?

---------

I need a nap. I was awake at 1AM and tossed and turned for a bit before getting back to sleep, then Gabby got me up at 4:30. Long day ahead.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-24, 08:10

BF:

Good Morning ladies!

I have my office set up sweet! TV on the left, Personal laptop on the right and electric standing desk in the middle. Best buy ever that standing desk. It is electric and goes up and down. LOVE it. I found the cord to my walking pad that is also set up in the office! No excuses!

Lori- WHEEEEEE you gal pal had a party and ended up 117$ for coming to boot! Lottery tickets are fun for a party. We had a party last year (MUSC) Charleston. We all had to bring a gift and it could be swapped twice before it was "retired". I had no idea what to get. So, I bought 25 dollar Holiday lotto tickets and put them in a brown paper bag with a bow. That gift was the one everyone wanted. It was fun to watch!

You will get to your "all manners of eating" soon. After awhile you will find it just doesn't feel good. We all go through that. It is the feeling good that drives me. No worries, you are at goal.

Hard to believe you don't have a Costco! Wow! - Well I tell you it doesn't matter WHEN I go it is crazy packed. There is only one in Greenville!
Do you have a Trader Joe????????? That is going to be my next stop!

Trig
- I am thinking about you and your family? What is the Healthy status? I hate that the Chop "got it" first. I sure hope you and kiddo can duck that one!

Post when you can!

Nic- You in DE yet? Not sure where you are landing at the moment! You move around as much as me! LOLOLOL

Still waiting to here how it was with the oldies......... I know they had a great time!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I got tired and didn't do much yesterday except work, then relax. I will take this next weekend and finish out the last few boxes and tidy it all up. It is super livable now. Just need some tweaking and organizing.

On my list is to find a Vet. Poor Ruger, his little tummy just doesn't take much. He woke up puky again this morning. I just don't know what to do with this dog. I have mentioned it to two vets that have said- try a different food. I have tried a ton of different food, including making it. I think, it is just the way he is.

Jan. is shaping up to be getting busier for work appointments for me. I seem now to have something every day this month that needs done. Reports, appointments, follow ups. They are slowly adding to my census. Job security right?!?!?! LOL - Love working in PJ's.

Nothing much else going........ Humming now and the big stress of the move is now behind me. I can focus on some good goals I have for this year.
I am still up 2 pounds from my low!! -

WOE- I am so in the mood for breakfast sausage and eggs today! I am going to have just that! I will top with a spoonful of salsa.

Back later gators!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-24, 08:51

BF:

Hey Nicco check in when ya can!!!

Lori so cool they won money on that lottery tix...too funny but heck over a 100, darn good

you are right, good luck in me trying to change him but ya know, I WILL....when I get a good footing soon when kiddo goes back to school a few changes gonna go down here, hope he complies or might die thru it HA hmmm

yes nap thru winter, that is ALL we can do freezin' our buns off LOL ugh

Jazz, so cool ya got your office fixed up better and OMG DID I READ.....NO DRAMA is happening....wait this can't be you HA

next weeks get yourself ALL settled in and comfy and get familiar with it all, that is all a good thing.....and with NO DRAMA do far love it.

Ruger. Make hamburger only for him. when I put Bolt on burger only he thrived!!!! make 1/3 lb. burgers and freeze. take out a burger and hit thaw on micro, then nuke a bit to kinda cook it but for Bolt I do leave it very red and not all cooked thru. He literally became so much better on 80/20 burger I won't ever take him off this. he eats 2 burgers per day, hell he loves it.

so meat for your carnivore dog. stop everything else. bet Ruger improves tons. also when ya change him over drain the fat mostly.....but as he improves you can keep more fat in that meat.

ok my advice to make your dog you and heal together on carnivore

----------------NOW HEAR THIS........NOW HEAR THIS!!!!

kiddo's car got hit in the parking lot of the body repair shop.
big big gouge on right back panel. HMMMMM....you crappin' me here on this???

they are checking if they can repair or have to order a whole new right back panel!!!!!!

I SAY IT NOW------OH COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA

today is simple. Pork and alot of it.

so far so good, chat up later guys, off to freeze here and wait for spring mostly LOL