Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 16:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/175/175 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default "Just the Cheese" Crackers (1 carb per bag)

Hello.

I don't usually do this.. This messaging. But I am a devoted low-carb thug (as I like to call it) and this message board has helped me out, so I am helping it back by vouching for "Just The Cheese" crackers by specialty foods I think is the brand. It is a small bag of circular shaped crackers... It contains... About 20 of them in it maybe. Anyhow these crackers are just amazing! It explains on the back of the package how they found a way to simply just 'bake' cheese until it turns into a cracker... Then they added some no crab spices to it. Anyhow don't get the typical white chedder... Not to tasty, but all the rest are amazing! And its just 1 carb for the entire bag! And I am not talking with an asterik like "sugar carbs" excluded or "Active carbs"... I mean just one carb cause all it is is cheese! Anyhow this really tastes like a delicious cracker.... I put tuna on mine and love it... Or I just eat them straight from the bag. Its about time Low-Carb products got this good....
Yummm. I just ordered another. 30 packages off a link of this site. I have seen them available at food emporium groceries and other health food type places on occasion. Its brand new.

Out of 5 stars I really have to give it **** 1/2 stars! Half a star off cause of the price.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 11:37
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

The bag I got has TWO servings according to the nutrition info, but still TWO grams for the whole bag isn't shabby! I found them a bit salty for my taste, but the Nacho cheese dipped in sour cream kept me from pilfering my son's tacos and potato ole's at the mall the other day.!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 05:38

Stats: 215/215/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Are these from a health food store or grocery store? Can they be bought over the internet? I have a US mailing address so I was thinking I could order some. LC food are very limited on our base so I'll order if necessary.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 07:00

Plan: Low Carb Lifestye, Atkins
Stats: 515/474.5/180 Male 71 Inches
BF:Got Some
Progress: 12%

I love these little cheesey rounds! The ones I found had 0 Carbs and came in a little plastic container.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-24-03, 12:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthrmayi2
Are these from a health food store or grocery store? Can they be bought over the internet? I have a US mailing address so I was thinking I could order some. LC food are very limited on our base so I'll order if necessary.

Way cheaper to make them with some good process cheese or real cheese, some baking paper, and a microwave (than shipping to Germany!). Check out the Kitchen forum.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 01:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/202/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default anyone tried the "Just Cheese" cracker dealys

So i went to this new low carb store that just opened near my house. It is very newly open so they arent fully ready, but they have a menu, you can get sandwiches and they have a salad bar, kinda a deli and store in one. Anyway, i bought these cracker cheese things in little packages called "Just The Cheese" sour cream and onion flavor and ranch flavor. The had probably 10 flavors. Its only 1 carb per serving or 2 for the whole snack bag. I opened both flavors and tried some, but put them aside for snacks at work in the afternoon. They are kinda salty, but not bad. THe packages says they are just crumbled bake cheese with seasoning. Anyway... has anyone had these? Although at 2.79 a pop (about 30 lil crackers) they are kinda spendy.

Just wondering...
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 01:20

Stats: 351/229.6/200 Male 73 inches (that's 6'1)
BF:??%%/24.5%
Progress: 80%

I have had them a few times and like them a lot. I can't eat very many at a time so one bag usually amounts to three or four servings. Sadly, I haven't been able to find them locally though. I have tried several flavors and like most all of them.

OG
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 01:21

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I haven't tried them but they sound good. I live in a small town and don't have access to much low-carb stuff. I am like you in that things seem to taste saltier to me now. I use to sit and eat dill pickles one after the other and even ADD salt to them and now they taste so salty I don't even eat them on my (bunless) cheeseburgers.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 01:25
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/202/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 48%

what about the keto bars? i bought one today.. lemon flavored. I only took one bite today and it seemed ok, but nothing to rave about after 1 bite. I saw these other crackers that were great, called "heavenly something" i dont really remember, i tried the sample and then looked at the nutrition info and I think they were like 2.5 carbs a piece!! for one cracker.. that isnt low carb for me.. Who eats one cracker? Screw that, who eats only like 4 crackers?
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 08:01

Stats: 141.5/119/105 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

These are my favorite low carb snack. I just bought 10 bags through Netrition.com. I bring them to the movies and my kids football games. I've had the Bacon, Ranch, Garlic & Herb, and Pizza flavored. Really really good!!
($2.59 a bag at netrtion)
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 22:44
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Hey Lori I live in Oregon as well. Would you mind letting me know where the new store is? I would love to visit if its anywhere near me.

Gabrielle
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 23:06
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

The Just The Cheese are okay, but too salty for me..(Did I actually say TOO SALTY???? OMG, I thought that would never happen!) Some people nuke cheese slices themselves and get basically the same effect.

I've found most LC products disappointing. The Keto bars, to me, are better than the rest. The lemon or the oatmeal raisin are the only ones I get regularly, and I've cut down to just occasionally, since I'm not as interested in sweets these days..(Did I just say THAT?)
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 15:34
Registered Member

Plan: atkins, UNYBP
Stats: 155/142/125 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

I didn't care for them either. Too salty and they leave a film of grease on the top of my palate. The flavors (I got jalapino and regular flavor) are unremarkable. I could only eat about 4 of them and they are super expensive
$2.69 for a small package that has 2 servings in them.
Kris
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 10:06

Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5'8''
BF:30%/26.2%/23%
Progress: 78%

The LC store in Folsom, Ca carries these, and they have a low-salt flavor. I prefer the little bite size ones over the bars. Those are a little hard to bite into.