Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 20:22
Hello

Plan: Modified Ketogenic
Stats: 182/180/145 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up "Enchantments" -Choc Chip Cookie HEAVEN!

Hi all,

I found the yummiest low-carb chocolate chip cookies this weekend! Made by Lite Harvest Foods, called "Low Carb Enchantments"

I think there were three varieties available, but I bought the chocolate chip and boy, was I impressed.
These are big cookies, flat and soft/chewy, look and taste very "homemade" and the chocolate is very good.
Each cookie is 2.29 net carbs (10.58 total, 2.64 fiber, 5.65 sugar alcohols) Sweetened mainly with splenda, but also saw erythritol on ingredient list.
The only bummer is that they were $4.99 for six cookies, so kinda pricey in my opinion. I found them at my local produce store, so not sure where else they can be found, but it might be worth looking up!!
I'll probably try one of the other varieties next week (I think there were snickerdoodles and peanut butter cookies) and I'll be sure to report back.

Has anyone elese seen or tried these?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 21:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

I have had them all. Very yummy. The coconut was my fav.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-06-04, 18:48

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 186/155/148 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

With low carb stuff, expensive is better. Like erythritol is a much better sweetener than the other sugar alcohols. I never stall on erythritol, always do from maltitol. Plus the type of oils and other ingredients matter. Low carb ingredients, the good ones, are really expensive. The cheap things are about a buck an ounce, but they always have the crummy fats and the cheaper sweeteners. So you have to figure that in the cost. I spend more on baked goods to eat better, since I cannot live without them, but just don't eat as many as if they were cheaper. So I'm spending the same total amount of money on sweets (few, expensive vs more, cheap) but not getting fat. A good trade.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-04, 09:37
Hello

Plan: Modified Ketogenic
Stats: 182/180/145 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Just had to add that I have tried a few more varieties and MMMMM you HAVE to try the double chocolate macadamia nut variety!! SO delicious.