Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-05, 01:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/237/185 Male 68 inches
BF:at least 30
Progress: 20%
Talking Here we go again!

Hi! My name is Mark and I am new to the site and to this forum, though not new to Atkins. From 1/03 to 5/03 I went from about 270 to 215 lbs, and then hit a severe plateau (possibly self-induced). By 1/04 I was up to nearly 235 again, and by 01/05 I was almost back to 250lbs. I decided to grab the reigns of that galloping horse and start all over again. After nearly one month of 20-30 grams of carbs per day, plus a bit of exercise on a treadmill, I am now down to about 237. My goal this time is all the way down to 180-185, I hope I can do it. My biggest question to all of you is: how do you feel about the vast market of carb-inhibitors? Do you use them? Does your experience show that they allow you to cheat just a bit, or at least negate the few carbs that you do ingest? I've been using them even when eating low-carb wraps and sugar-rich vegetables, but I can't be sure if its worth the time or expense. I certainly don't want to strictly rely on advertising alone! I look forward to hearing from you all, and thanks for letting me join this great forum.

Mark the Mailman
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-05, 05:23

Stats: 285/250/210 Female 5ft 8
BF:
Progress: 47%

hi mark welcome to the forum

im not quite sure i understood your post i think maybe you have different things in your stores than we have back in the uk jeezz i only just found atkins bake mix in our store after looking for weeks... i dont think the uk is quite up to date with all the low carb stuff yet to many people want to knock this diet even though it does work.

good luck
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 10:54
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

#4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 10:59

Plan: Drs Bernskins
Stats: 260/232.4/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:lots
Progress: 28%

Hi Mark and welcome!

I don't know whether you are asking about a supplement of some kind (which I don't use) or something like dreamfield pasta or low carb bread which I use sparingly.
But congrats on your weight loss and this forum is a great way to get the support you need.
Cheers,
Nancy
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 15:45
Registered Member

Stats: 175/164/135 Female 64in.
BF:
Progress: 28%

i think you mean like carb blockers and those kind of things, im not sure how they work or if they work, i myself would just stick with your lowcarb foods with an occasional lc treat. its the safest way to go, just IMO.