Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-07, 11:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 252/252/182 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default How long before the die-off starts?

Hi, I'm starting LC to combat candida problems, and was just wondering how long it takes before I expect to get the dreaded die-off reaction?

To be honest, apart from a crushing headache on days 2/3, it's been fairly straightforward, does this phenomenon take a few weeks to kick in? How long did it take for you guys?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Cheers
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 22:45

Plan: LC Candida Diet
Stats: 284/225.8/140 Female 5'5.75"
BF:
Progress: 40%

It's probably different for every person. For me it can start immediately after making good food choices! I've heard that it's good to transition into a candida diet slowly and start with supplements gradually too. This is supposed to make die off less severe.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-07, 11:18

Plan: candida wipe out plan
Stats: 130/115/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 150%

Yeah, for me die off started witht he diet alone......no supplements taken, yet. Then die off REALLY started to happen once on supplements! I sat for 2 days literally staring at the paint on my wall. It can get pretty bad. Depends on how bad you have it and how good your body's immune system is and how you are expelling the toxins from your body. All of these things make a difference. There are SO many variables to die off and how long it will take to get well.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-07, 08:59

Plan: ?
Stats: 136/136/136 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

So die-off can happen on the diet alone? Could it take a few months for the die-off symptoms to come out?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-07, 15:50

Plan: candida wipe out plan
Stats: 130/115/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 150%

Yes, it can.....for me it certainly did and for others on the board they had die off on the diet alone. But as we know diet alone will not get rid of yeast. I am not sure if it would take 'months' I would think a matter of weeks but not months. I have never heard of die off taking that long to come on. If you are killing yeast by diet and yeast killing meds and probiotics......they should start to die quickly and you should feel die off. They always say on here that the die off is actually a good thing b/c that means you are doing it right.