Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 10:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/216/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Angry Cream Cheese

Cream Cheese is my enemy!! I am addicted to it! I can't help myself. I found a little recipe up here I tried and now I can't pry myself away from the cream cheese.

I made the (whipped) cream cheese, splenda, cream, and coco. mixed together, drop tea-spoons in a container, then freeze. These are sooo good they are dangerous.

I think I am going to have to throw out my cream cheese, I find myself eating these every night, and I have no will power to stop!!

Does anyone else have a problem staying away from the legal treats? do they stall you or slow down weight loss?

help!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 11:25

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

LOL....I have the same weakness. I love cream cheese far more than I'd ever care to admit.

When I was trying to make a pizza quiche, the recipe called for 4 oz of cream cheese. I had a container of 16 oz. To make a long story short, by the time I finished making the quiche, I had finished all the cream cheese by eating it with a spoon.

Whenever I buy cream cheese now, there is a moment of pause for me to contemplate if it's really wise for me to do so. It hasn't seemed to stall me yet, but eating 11 oz of cream cheese in one sitting surely cannot be conducive to weight loss by any stretch of the imagination.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 17:26
Registered Member

Stats: 310/250/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Will Power?

I don't believe that you don't have the power to stop. I think you don't want to stop. You obviously have not made the committment to really lose weight yet. Do you think its just something that you stand back and watch? It takes determination. It takes desire. I think when you desire to lose all that weight more than you desire to eat, then you will have power.

You will be tested every day. But if you will be strict with yourself for a while, those cravings, physical and emotional, will diminish as you experience success. But it will happen only if you really want it to, and make it happen. It's a simple matter of not bringing your hand up to your mouth with something in it.

Good Luck, and be strong
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 18:56
Registered Member

Stats: 300/257/150
BF:
Progress: 29%

Steffie, maybe you can hold yourself to only having a few ounces as your evening treat. I find that if I allow myself to have the sweet (legal) treats during the day, I eat more than I should of them. So now I only bring my "good" food to work with me (salads, meats, HB eggs) and look forward to my splenda flavored cream for dessert in the evening. It works, it just takes some willpower at first. But you do get used to it.

I also found a diet hot chocolate by Swiss Miss that only has 3g carbs for each packet and it's sweetened with Splenda! I keep a few envelopes in my desk at work so if I'm dying for something sweet, I have one of those and it satisfies me. That's the only "sweet" I allow myself before dinner time.

Hope this helps!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 21:07

Stats: 195??/186/150
BF:
Progress:

Erm, I made the mistake of thinking I could have 4oz of cream cheese each day (without counting carbs!!!!) So guess what I was living on?? It's a good thing I was still getting results. I laid off for awhile and now I am strict about 2tbsp only per day, in the morning for a snack.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 00:43

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

What I wanna know is.... what recipe is this? The one you freeze? Sounds yummy!! lol
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 11:08

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Arrow

Sometimes you just have to eliminate what you feel may jeopordize your weight loss - for me it was peanuts and peanut butter so until I hit goal I plan not to eat it.