Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 10:23

Plan: No plan, just low carbs!
Stats: 205/191/165 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 35%
Talking 8th Continent Light Soymilk - LOOK!

Howdy!

I have been using this new Soymilk on the market and I get it right at my local Wal-Mart. It's called 8th Continent Light Soymilk and is made with Solae soy protein. For 8fl.oz. it has only 4 carbs and 4g of sugar. Check out the website:

www.8thcontinent.com

The kind I purchased has a Vanilla flavor but this is ok because I really don't drink it by itself, I usually make a protein shake with it. I also add an egg and blend it all together. This is my breakfast each morning actually. By the way, it has 7g of protein per serving and only 1g of fat and only 60 calories.

I love milk but can't drink it with my low-carb diet so I am using this so far and it doesn't bloat me or anything. As long as I keep losing and feeling good I'm gonna keep making my shakes for breakfast. I simply don't have time to cook eggs and bacon every morning!

Well, check this out and let me know what you think ok?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 15:47

Plan: Vegetarian South Beach
Stats: 134/129/125 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress:
Default Soy milk fanatic gives 8th Continent Lite "Thumbs Up!"

I tried this new product as well. Believe you me, I've been a long-time Silk fanatic, but now that 8th Continent's Light is on the market, I've switched loyalty. It has the same smoothness and full flavor of Silk, except with way less carbs, fat, and only 80 calories I believe (compared to 100-130 with other soy milks). The yummy vanilla flavor compliments smoothies and certain recipes well, but also suffices as a snack treat all by itself.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 14:19

Plan: mixed
Stats: 140/120/110 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 67%

i love soy milk especially when mixed with vanilla flavored low carb smoothies into a shake , it's so much better the drinking regular milk packed with growth hormones and antiobiotics... and only 4g of sugar. it's better than vitasoy that has 7g per serving.

#4   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 14:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/247.5/145 Female 5'4.25"
BF:50%/46%/15%
Progress: 15%

I personally drink Silk's Unsweetened Soy for 3 net carbs and 0 sugar!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 18:53

BF:

Has anyone actually found a soy milk that TASTES like milk? I just use soy milk to make my shakes but it's very difficult to drink alone. I haven't tried many other brands so if anyone knows of something that tastes close to milk and has low carbs and sugar let me know. I want regular flavor, not vanilla. I could do chocolate but that usually has tons of carbs and sugar.

Thanks in advance.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 19:47

Plan: VLC/ZC
Stats: 238.6/234.6/150 Female 69inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

I know it's not soy, but try the Hood Carb Countdown Milk. It comes in Fatfree, 2%, Regular(all 3 carbs per cup), and 2% Chocolate(2 carbs per cup). I personally think it's divine.

=)
Cori
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 03:45

BF:

Hood Carb huh? Ok, I've never heard of that one so I'm off to investigate. Thanks!