Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
Registered Member
Success but not at goal.
Posted by Scorpiovs
Posted Thu, Apr-03-03
Female 506
Plan: General LC
Stats: 180/152/155
BF:
Progress: 107%
Default Success but not at goal.

I started LC on July 17, 2002 when a girl at work brought in the Atkins book, after her doctor told her to start it. I picked up her book and haven't looked back since, as I too needed to lose weight.

When I read the book I thought maybe this is the right way for me to go, why not try this, doesn't seem too hard, what did I have to lose? I wasn't doing anything anyway.

I didn't have a wedding or a party or anything coming up that I needed to lose for, I was tired of being fat and uncomfortable about the way I felt , big lose clothes, that I hoped hid my size.

So I read Atkins and Protein Power and bought a carb counter book, of course my DH looked at me as though I was nuts, but I just went about following the plan, I made him and the other guys in my household their meals with all the usual carb sides and didn't eat them myself. Soon I found I didn't want that extra stuff, I was satisfied with my meat, veg and salad.

I'm not saying that I never have had anything that hasn't been carb free, but when I do I just figure I'm doing CAD for the day.

And I'm probably the poster girl for doing the program wrong, I never gave up my coffee, or my cocktail, just adjusted them with Splenda and diet soda. But I figured if this is the way I am going to eat for my WOL then it has to fit in with my WOL.

Sure, I might have lost more in this amount of time if I was strict with my WOE but I know me, and I'm so happy with the results thus far, and I'm not done yet, I really feel this is something that I can do, and I have done it with all the support that this forum has given me.

Thanks to all of you that post everyday with words of encouragement. I know what it has meant to me.

Sheryl
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by thebigman on Fri, Apr-04-03, 02:11
Default Well Done!!!

Congratulations, well done ! I like your attitude you have made this WOL work for you, tailored it around yourself because you know yourself better than anybody else, and now you will go on to achieve and perhapes surpass your goals.

I bet you are feeling great, keep up the good work

4 comments [read all comments]