Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1156   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-22, 05:17

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Having a very quiet day....hopefully. I was meant to be playing golf today, but my regular playing partner is in a snit because she played historically BAD yesterday in the 2nd day of the tournament. When we finished yesterday, she packed up her clubs and went home. No staying for a drink like we usually do or waiting for the other ladies to finish etc. Sigh.....I played better yesterday than Saturday, but more importantly, had fun. I also enjoyed hanging around after talking with the other gals. No plans to play again until Thursday.

--------

Nic......Enjoy the Mom/DD time! I hope the weather is perfect!

Trig.....What fun! Playing in the waves and then good food to end the day.

Jaz.....You go girl! Winning the dance contest! You will be a legend in your apartment complex!

---------

Today I'm going to make some phone calls about home care for Betty. It makes me so nervous, as I'd hate it if we hired someone and then they ended up being terrible. You hear such horror stories about home health care. Nastiness, stealing etc etc. Today we have both her PT & OT coming, plus a nurse. Wednesday a Dr. is coming for a home visit. It's going to be a busy week...guess it's good I don't have golfing plans.

Have good days!
Sponsored Links
  #1157   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-22, 06:22

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Lori- Wow on your partner acting like such a child! Seriously? She just up and left while other ladies weren't even done because SHE had a bad game? WOW.........Is this the same lady that got mad and then basically was a jerk at the clubhouse? How incredibly rude!
I would be you are the ONLY one that will even be her partner! Do you like this lady? Sounds like you need a new P!!!!! You know small towns and clubs like that are very unforgiving with rude behavior. She has most likely burned a few bridges too!

You could always go yourself and practice or maybe ask to join another team? I don't know how that golf thing works with teams and partners and all but maybe you might find somebody up at the club house who is also looking for someone else to play with. Just a thought!

Betty, glad she is being seen this week. I hope the doctor who sees her is proactive. Tough situation there! I heard that Home Instead is a pretty good place to start. They do "helper" stuff: cooking, light cleaning and personal care. Not nursing. You also would pay out of pocket. They could also do overnights to get her up and make sure she is safe if needed. My one neighbor used them in Ohio.

Any other plans this week?

Trig- I am happy as a lark you are soaking up the fun and sun! I hope you get recharged this trip!!!! You are well deserved. How is little Bolt doing? I swear I adore your little guy too! He is nothing but a sweetie dog!

You ready to go digging for gold today? Going to be a pretty decent day here! I still want a pic of your beach chair in the sand! I am living vicariously though you all now! I am in the concrete jungle.

What's on the menu today? Thick hamburger patties with mustard and a pickle/ Tomorrow I will put ribs in the slow cooker. They are thawing today.

Nic- - Safe travels today back home with DD! So glad you had a grand time! When are you going back? Does the "big house" seem strange to you, empty? Just curious? I bet the Bella will be happy to see you, or maybe she came too!?

Full on to wedding plans now! It is around the corner, the 25th Sept?
Wow- where did summer go?

You are flying out next week to see your Dad? I always need a Calander to keep all your activities in my head straight! I posted on several months back to keep it all in check! ROFL ROFL

------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up "in a MEH mood". No reason either I can put my finger on. Sorta like when all the energy and excitement is over you have a "let down" of the hum drums. Not a happy place to be.

I have washed all my laundry for the week and cleaned up the apt. (not much there). We went to bed about 10. I got the TV in my bedroom up and running with Netflix so I can nod off to the show I am watching. Then I have to go back and rewatch!

I applied for 7 more positions yesterday and then sent a letter to my old manager from the temp job I had. That company is now hiring. Five jobs were from there and the others were off Zip job boards. I have already gotten a reject letter from Zip.
I am in a good place and not desperate. I want the hybrid, work life balance.

I think Covid really put alot of people in that same boat. I don't know if you have read anything or heard about the "great resignation". Alot of people have re-evaluated their lives and are not willing to SERVE companies anymore that pay little and offer no work life balance. People found they connected more with family, themselves, and found purpose. The job market is rough for those of us wanting to hang on to a different way to work! I know I am one of millions who feel the same way!
I am not living to work. It is just a means to keep on the lights.

I am though wondering at this junction of my life what my purpose is. I will save that for another post.

I am in the bounce house for sure! Up 2 pounds!!! WTH?! I have not strayed except a little bit of tomato paste to make a hamburger/sloppy joe mixture. It was pure paste?! It could be a rebound from Saturday- I did have drinks Saturday. But they also were ZC- rum, and spritzer? Who knows. I am still doing what I do for my body. It will adjust!

Today, I am doing some light errands. Got to run to post office, swing by mom's and drop off her garage opener, take Ruger to the doggie park. Back here make up some burgers and browse the internet. I will take a bit longer to walk him tonight. He didn't get in his full walk last night and I paid for it. (slight accident) he even barked his head off prior. He just didn't go to the door like he normally does.
The thing is the mosquitos are SO BAD here right now, I feel eaten alive just taking him out at night. I will put on pants tonight. He needs his walk.

That is about it from my section of the world! Not much- lots of hot air in this post that said nothing! I should run for office! LOLOLOLOL

Anyway! Have a great day ladies!
  #1158   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-22, 07:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Trig- Girl you go hard at the beach! I am more of a wader, then reading type but you are in there living your best life! Love that for you and with your DD too!

Was thinking of her the other day- have you considered looking at Elon? Might be worth your time to take a visit with her.

How's the knee?

Lori- I'm not always the best sport but dang, your partner sounds like sort of a pill. I'm sure she has a number of other redeeming qualities or else you wouldn't hang out with her though.

For my ILs, we use a company called Better At Home. They had some duds but found a few workers they really like a lot.

Jaz- You have the OC boardwalk right except for the dunes- no dunes blocking this one and the beach is fully visible, plus quite a large expanse of sand. The Bethany one is a short boardwalk and ALL dunes- no ocean visible from the boardwalk. Not sure about Rehoboth as far as dunes/visibility so you could be thinking of that one too.

You won a dance contest?? You go girl! What I wouldn't give to see that on video!!

Hugs on the humdrums and interested in your thoughts regarding purpose.

•••••••••

Things are good here but I gotta say, I am pretty peopled out. From my mom, straight to the weekend with my DH which was great but with him all the time, to passing him off and picking up the DD- just lots of people. DD is good about giving me space (as she is right now) but she is still HERE ya know?

We played PB last night and OMG my heel was KILLING me last night. Felt like a nail going right through it! I was staggering around! When I get back to MD tmrw I will put my foot brace on to stretch it out and ice it some. Can't be having this!

Wedding- all you need to remember is it takes place over Labor Day weekend. Not far at all now- less than a month!

Kenny Chesney concert is Wednesday and I am excited about that! DD and I leave tmrw to return back to MD. BTW anytime I am anywhere (MD, DE) Bella is with me. Very rarely has she been with DH bc he is gone all day.

Eating- meh. Watching quantity more than carbs, which is not the way to go but better than nothing I suppose.

I just whacked a spider and a ton of babies jumped off- in the screened porch. Oh YAY!! lol

Have a good day- leftovers today and DD and I may wander around Berlin, MD a bit.
  #1159   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-22, 10:04

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco ya sound whacked out....people'd out and overloaded. I feel you as you are SO much like me I get ya full on truly on what it takes for your personal survival thru it

Sucks on that knee again. My knee is now 'radiated' a bit around that one point but OK but watching it and baby'ing walking and more....hence no metal detect on sand flooring just yet, don't trust it enough.

yes your DD wedding is super close!!!! too much on the plate and we start to feel it deep down....get thru it best ya can we 'detox off people and drama' all ya can when ya can

told hubby this morn I can't swim with him and he was like friggin' hallelujah cause he ain't a swim guy so he was thrilled but with storms now around that will pass I got kid to do a few hours boogie boarding waves but I tell ya in full truth, the 'kids of today' have like 0 stamina or power or muscle?...well at least my kid HAHA she can barely survive what I wanna do and she is 'SO OVERLY exhausted after my adventures;--------I don't know, I don't get it

back from eating 3 egg omelet and bacon....I am all happy now with storms gone and big sun, me and kiddo to swim soon
  #1160   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-22, 05:19

BF:

Good Morning!

A long, hot, boring day yesterday. I don't know what to do with myself when I'm not playing golf! All I wanted to do was eat, so the scale popped up over a pound this morning. I was expecting it....no surprise. Anyway, today I have to keep a tighter rein on my eating. I'm still in my "range", but I'm pushing the higher number.

Today we are going to get our "C" boosters. I'm not sure it'll really do any good since the variant that is circulating now is not what the vax was made for. Hard to know what to do.

Our weather is supposed to finally moderate a bit starting tomorrow. The weekend is looking fabulous! This humidity has been killer for the past week or so. I'm glad Saturday is looking good as I'm playing in a little golf tournament in the morning and then we are attending a wedding at 4. It is an outdoor wedding and reception, so I'm so happy for the bride that the weather is going to be so nice. It is our neighbor's daughter who is getting married. It should be a really nice time. I bought a new dress, just a midi length flowered gauzy number. It is perfect for an outdoor wedding. The Groom is from Puerto Rico originally, so the reception food is going to be food from his homeland. I'm looking forward to it! We just have to line up someone to go and check in on Betty around 5 or so. We can stop on the way home and lock up the house etc.

-------

Nic.....Heading home to MD today? Safe travels. When will you be going back to DE? How is your heel feeling?

Trig.....I hope your knee is feeling better so you can traipse over the sand and find some treasures!

Jaz.....Hope you soon get some bites on all the resumes you have put out. Happy to hear that you're ok for now and don't have to worry. Did Ruger have fun at the dog park?

------

Well, I need to get moving. I want to run to the farm market early this morning before they get so busy. I'm going to get some sweet corn for dinner tonight. This will probably be the last time for that for the year. Sweet corn and burgers...a perfect summer meal around here! I know....not low carb, but I'm not terribly strict any more as long as my weight and BG stays stable.

Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Tue, Aug-09-22 at 05:32.
  #1161   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-22, 05:44

BF:

Lori, I think you are maintaining your loss very well and you are adding back a tad of stuff like a nice ear of corn when ya want but again, you are in control so yea, it is ok to do you and eat as you want and if you hold the line, more power to you.....and fresh corn, yea well, enough said, even I loved it

your tournament sounds like fun and that wedding sounds nice if it isn't TOO hot, I melt during outside stuff if I have to be dressed up and it doesn't involve water like my pool LOL

Seems like things are running smoothly better for you guys now....great!!

hey Jazz and Nicco!!

SO..............I had 2 pizza tops with mozz cheese and pepperoini. family ordered a large pizza and I scraped 2 big slices. My body does not like soft cheese, like mozz. Within an hr I was hitting the bathroom --- a few times but I got the guts better but darn ya know, I try, just try to have some mozz cheese and boom, turns the guts to mush. I can eat all hard cheese, no issues, soft stuff like mozz, cream cheese, right thru me. OK enough of that, lesson learned again on that one

took the knee out again.

kid got jellyfish’d.

we were bobbing the waves and boogie boarding the bigger ones having fun and whammo, she got a massive hit on the front thigh. big big welts. She was OW OW OW’ing and I helped her to shore and then I stepped kinda sideways to check out her sting area and a big waves slammed but I braced my bad knee and whammo, knee took a side hit and then I was saying OW OW OW, omg the stupidity of all this.

got vinegar on kids jelly hit and then I could do nothing. barely hobble around all day and night. Woke up today it is a tad better but I am DOING NOTHING today but hobble around the rv, goof off, watch tv in camper, drive the golf cart around goofing off but no way I am taxing this knee more right now. I need better so I can swim and try to metal detect tomorrow.

come on ya know…the universe giving me a knee issue and from basically doing nothing to get it?? WTH? but I will deal.

Told hubby after pizza cheese incident I am going to super duper very very simple zc and stick to what I do best on and that is it!! ugh…oh well, I love my eating but it isn’t worth the misery a bit of extra does to me…and it is zc ya know. cheese and pepperoni only but wow. my body said heck no and it showed me fast

OK on to a quiet easy day at the beach for me.

Now I got a nice rum drink in my mind for today, maybe 2 if I can handle it. but my luck I will get floppy and hurt my knee more HAHA I might rethink that rum drink for today

Last edited by Whirrlly : Tue, Aug-09-22 at 06:42.
  #1162   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-22, 06:28

BF:

Trig- big hugs to you and the kid! I am a total chicken so my ass would not be in the ocean with the jellyfish. No thank you!!

I am sorry about your knee. I was having knee issues as you know a while back and it was SO FRUSTRATING. Seemed to come out of nowhere- one time I just leaned over to pick something up! Big hugs.

You are such a badass that it does not surprise me at all that you are running circles around your kid. You crack me up, you tough thing!

Lori- Good luck with the booster. Hopefully you won't have much of a reaction but it really varies from person to person. If you do I hope it short lived!

Your dress sounds cute- take a pic if you can!

Jaz- missed your post!

••••••••••••

Headed back to MD today. Electrician comes at 8 AM tmrw and then Kenny Chesney concert tmrw as well, so busy busy day. But Thursday will be ME and I in the house ALL ALONE and I am hella excited about it. HELLA EXCITED. I leave for my Dad's on the 18th and I just want to burrow in one place for a bit.

I will confess that I am pretty ready for September, and cooler temps, and the wedding (which I will greatly enjoy) to come and go. This summer has been really stinking humid and that is not my jam!!

DD and her friends will be here at the beach house this weekend so not doing much to close it up since that is such a short turn around. I'm hoping to get back here once more before the wedding.

Hugs to all!
  #1163   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-22, 07:01

BF:

Nicco, yea me and kid are super diff. she is mushy tech phone in hand, I don't do anything really physical younger gen in that group and I was always move move move and outside and tackle physical stuff easily. polar opposites but she is also that artsy type that gears away from sports and outdoors and 'movement' of any kind HAHA believe me I had to beg her to swim with me and then she gets jelly'd....she is like, oh hell no, nope, nada and I will still have to convince her in a day or 2 to swim with me again, she has a great time when she does it, just like pulling teeth to get her to do it LOL

yea your knee was just as mysterious, believe me I am thinking of you thru my stupid knee crap.....bend over huh? bad knee LOL I just did nothing but step down from the rv step and boom....I also did nothing------------you and me, we DON'T deserve this crap LOL

too funny on weather. you guys are melting and this summer is the first one in a good few years where I am saying....YES THIS is what summer should be...hotter than heck HAHA I am so in my glory with this summer, sorry guys, I am wishing it goes longer HAHA but in Sept your wedding weather should be a good one tho!!

home alone. darn straight it is the best day ever!

It is so nice to read everyone is enjoying you vacay home. DD and friends, what a treat for them to have a blast at such a nice home and have fun in a great place.....they are lucky you bought that place, lol.

Life is sounding good for ya Nicco right now, happy for you

--------------so having kiddo drive me to store in a bit for a few things I need for BBQ Pork dinner on grill tonight. gonna hit a nice shower in a bit and will hit the road.

Luckily hubby said he brought a knee brace and yes it is helping, but damn if he couldn't say he brought one like 2 damn days ago? WTH? MEN!!!! but it is helping plus reason moving slow today is the Island has a big farmers market (thinking of Lori and her market ) tomorrow only so I wanna go and I wanna be able to walk!! Nice market, full of good things, not junky, these are more professional biz that have homemade local things but in great quality so yea, I wanna go tomorrow for sure.
  #1164   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-22, 08:50

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!

The humdrums wore off fast from me yesterday as I got outside and did a walk with the pup. A bit of sunshine and gratitude does me wonders.

Trig- I am not SUPPOSED to laugh at your injuries. But I swear the way you write about them is HYSTERICAL. I can just PICTURE it all! In honesty it does really SUCK! But dang girl you make it comical.
You just putz around in your golf buggy, rum in hand! Your knee will love you! Dang between you, me, and Nic with knee's, and Planter fasciitis, we are a hobbling bunch. We will put Lori in front to haul us around! ROFL

OMG I feel ya on dairy! The more clean you eat the less your body tolerates dairy! At least that is true for me. I have whined so much about dairy on here. I agree I just gave it up and feel so much better! I would rather feel amazing. You carnivore on! I am right there with ya!
I really think until you hit that point of almost a fat burning euphoria machine, you don't understand. It is really hard to explain just HOW GOOD you feel. It just feels right in every way. Boring- yup sure can be. But I would rather be boring than bloated any day.

Glad you have a few more days at the beach! Hope the kiddo feels better with that sting! Serious ouchy!

Lori- - Your weekend sounds like a great time! I would love to see a pic of you in that pretty dress! Love you and hubby can get out a bit, even for a wedding! Glad the weather is going to be nice. I agree, the hot needs to go for it to be enjoyable.

I enjoy walking around a farmers' market! It reminds me of simple times. Something very nostalgic about it.

I think it's cool like Trig said that you can reel it in, and you are not in a losing phase but a maintenance phase. Therefore, you can be a little more loose. You also are not an "off the rails" kinds of person, unlike me! You are in a great place! Enjoy that sweet corn and burgers! It sounds really really good!!!!!

Nic-
Wedding= Labor Day weekend! GOT IT!
I hear ya loud and clear on peopled out! Goodness! There is a reason I am single! If I could have a forever friend with "benefits" that lives somewhere else, I would be a happy camper! ROFL.

Safe travels TODAY! heheheh. I am glad you always have your Bella by your side. I know you miss Sophie too! Maybe at some point down the line you will consider another, to keep Bella company. I wished I could get another for Ruger, but I am not in a big enough spot. Plus 2 makes it twice the work. Yeah, noooooo. Talked myself right out of that! Maybe someday! HAHA

Sorry about your heel. It sounds like PF! I get hit with that too. It is no joke! Do you wear "indoor" shoes? I started doing that about 6 months ago and I found it really really helps my heel. I just can't go barefoot anymore. So, I bought a super comfy pair of Sketchers I only wear inside. They are "flip flops" that is as close to "shoe" as I can get. Yup and Yup on the ice. I freeze a water bottle and roll that on my foot. That helps alot too.

You are pretty close to goal WOE wise too. When you want you will hit goal. When you put your mind to something it happens. Not worried about you in that regard. I also know that our head has to be "in it" or it doesn't feel right. Sometimes we need to put our energy elsewhere. Just keep an eye on it, carb creep is so frekin real. This I know firsthand.

Are you getting rain? Easy travels if so.
---------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of heat- today is going to be a scorcher. Yesterday was ok- but the heat is back. I am so over it this year! I don't know why it just feels gross this summer. It's the stagnate air and humidity, I think!

I am out of the bounce house and back to my low. I truly feel a break though on that too! I think my body had to "catch up". Ready for a big drop! My head is already there!

So, I sort of eluded to it above about a euphoria of sorts when you hit that "fat burning" machine feeling. It is pretty addicting. It reminds me of when I used to run 4 miles a day and would hit "that point" and the runners high would kick in. Those were the days! HAHAHAHAH But I sure remember it. Anyway, going nothing but: BBBE, hot sauce is rocking my world. BBBE= Beef, Butter, Bacon, Eggs. Seriously rocking my world. I am living right here for right now. It just feels right.

I am actually going to do a work out today too! (hold me to that)!!!! Just because!

I have an interview today at 1:30. I think I hit apply to this job (one button apply) Zip jobs. Anyway, I hit the wrong job, and they want an interview. Not thrilled but I will have a conversation. It is a homecare position, not my jam. But it could be a side gig for a minute. I will see what they have to say and keep an open mind.

Purpose: Still feeling that one out. I have a ton of jumbled answers in my head! However, I feel I have one. Everyone does. Everybody has a story to tell, experiences to share. It also involves a balance in life. At least for me. Working on a better answer!!!!! I do know this- INTENTION is also topping the list. Anyway, pretty deep for a WOE thread!

I am off to walk the pup and thaw some BEEF!

Have a great on ladies!
  #1165   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-22, 17:10

BF:

Day got turned upside down as DH's brother called at Noon and said he was coming up and would arrive around 3. He wanted to go see Betty. So....he is here for the night. He took us out for dinner, so burgers and corn will wait until tomorrow. I had fish tacos at the restaurant we went to tonight. Now DH & his brother are at Betty's having a visit. I hope we can get some sleep tonight and that he's not up prancing around all night or yelling in his sleep like he did the last time he was here!

We got our booster shots this morning and then this afternoon I finally went to the eye Dr. and had them check my new glasses. I just cannot get used to them. They are sending them in to be redone. Fingers crossed that they're better when they come back. Maybe it's just my eyes and I'll have to put up with it, but it's worth a try to have them redone.

That's it from here. I'll give you an update on how our night went tomorrow morning.

G'nite!
  #1166   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-22, 05:38

BF:

Lori, hope ya do good with BIL at your home.
I know you dread anyone wandering around your house at night, I would too! but it is nice he came to see Betty.

Lori, we need ya. Jazz said you me and Nicco are to hit the golf cart, you drive and pass out the golf beers and we will suck down rums and golf beers since we can only hobble around.....omg that would be a fun time wouldn't it??

Jaz, yea dairy just isn't a draw to me anymore. I can eat hard cheese like cheddar and did earlier on but now I just put a bit of cheese on a burger and call it. I got no draw truly to any cheese anymore, but put a damn pizza in front of me, in a tiny rv, on vacay and yea I tried the scaping and it killed the guts LOL but yes, simple clean menu my body feels wonderful, not one guess on any of that, I feel healthy! Just like you are feeling, so get ya on it.

Also, I have to laugh about crap, or I would cry and say screw it all, why bother. So if I don't joke about it, I won't survive it all LOL I tell ya girl I am still brain fried in alot of ways

Hey Nicco

------------still hobbling a bit. had to swim yesterday, just about an hr and I baby’d that knee like crazy so I got thru it ok, but ocean was calling my name. but I rested the knee mostly but still darn ooowwwy this morn. but I have to go to my farmers market later when they open at 9.

other than that I tried long as I could to keep food at the RV…family is wanting to drag me out to seafood restaurant tonight. Get this, scallops wrapped in bacon (4) on the appetizer is $19.99-----you got to be crazy. Ain’t no way! I told family they can order 1 app and split it and I know I ain’t ordering anything that over the top. I ain’t got it in me to part with my money like that. I can make a ton of bacon wrapped scallops for 20 bucks LOL My inner frugal person says these types of prices have got to stop. I will look over menu tight and see what I will get…hopefully they got a lb. of peel/eat shrimp and done. I don’t wanna eat out, ugh. I got nice ribeyes I can fry up but nope, they want out so out we go.

eh, I will get thru it, and my wallet will be lighter by about $150 in the end, oh well, vacay is expensive I guess. I really am a cheapy type person HAHA can't help it, just bred into me LOL

Coastal waves to ya'll
  #1167   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-22, 05:49

BF:

Good Morning!

Had a decent night's sleep. BIL was up twice and then I got up at 4:30. I woke up and just couldn't get back to sleep. My left hip was throbbing a bit(chronic), so that signals get up and move around...relieves the ache.

DH & BIL went out for breakfast and then stopping at Betty's. I'm doing laundry and waiting for my cleaning lady to get here around 10. This afternoon I'm going to Betty's for her Dr. visit and to help her write some checks to pay bills. She has been fiercely independent about doing it herself, but she asked me to help her. She can't see well enough to write the checks legibly. She's getting weaker and more dependent every day. Doing our best.

Washer is chiming...gotta run. Have good days!
  #1168   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-22, 07:46

BF:

Good Morning ladies!

Nic- You should be home in the "big house" and settled by now and getting in some down time with your pup! I see you have the heat going on up there too! "The Heat is on"- they play that song here sometimes after the weather report! Funny and true!

So what does this rest of the week look like for you? Looking now to the weekend!

How is the foot and knee doing?

Trig- Glad you are soaking up all the fun for the next few days! I am with ya on eating out. Not my fav thing to do either!!!! I would rather eat a high end steak at home for 10 bucks!

But you know the family looks at the eat out as part of the vacay experience! Sighhhhhhhhh yea go and make the best of it.

Beach today?

Lori- So glad BIL slept. I personally would have issue with somebody calling me at noon saying they are "coming to spend the night without an invite". No social boundaries there or grace there! Goodness, but you roll with it!

When is the doctor coming to see Betty? You might mention how often she calls you to get her off the pot! Maybe he can help!

You playing your game tomorrow?
------------------------------------------------------
Sticky and gray today. Like soup air and gray. Ready for some pretty fall leaves and crispy air!

The interview never happened yesterday. They ghosted me! WTH?!?!? Oh well I was not excited about that one anyway! I want to know how one gets those travel the world tasting exotic foods and then makes a video of it and gets paid! Now there is the job I want! First stop Thailand, then Greece, and France! Dreaming now!

Putter inside today. Will be a follow up day for resumes, and little stuff that seems to suck up time.

Up a pound back in bounce house. It could be the BAG of pork rinds dipped in Primal ranch dressing. Yeah that, the BAG! Granted it was a "small" bag not a family size. But still it had 32 oz and I should have put it away after 1/2 a bag, but not me- the clean plate club came out. Thankfully I think it is all sodium based as I sucked down 2 glasses of water at 3 am. I was SO thirsty I had to get up for water.

Today is a lighter day! Steak and eggs. I have a Tbone thawed and will crack a runny egg on top!

I never did my work out yesterday but did take 4 walks and feel like I got good steps in! All good!

Still feeling good, just need a bit more coffee today as my sleep was disturbed by my water need. Plus with it being gray outside- that too makes me a bit more tired! I am very effected by sunlight.

Have a good one! Back later!
  #1169   ^
Old Wed, Aug-10-22, 12:29

BF:

LOL Trig, "you and me, we don't deserve this crap" lolololol Too funny- who should we wish it on? lol

When do you head back? I have lost all track of time. You may have a couple of more days. Take care on that knee and don't over do! You know you don't want any medical bills!

Jaz- I totally wear indoor shoes all the time. I learned about that a few years back and am pretty religious about it. I bought cheap ass sneakers for DE for pb and that was an error, so I need to get some decent court shoes.

Four walks is great, IMO. It all adds up. Studies show that movement does not have to be all at once to count!

Lori- It is astonishing to me that Betty has been doing as much as she has been for so long. And then here's my Mom who is about to turn 80 and isn't doing squat of her own stuff, quite literally. And I'm sure part of it is some creeping dementia but honestly a HUGE part of it is that she gives herself a huge pass (and has for years) to not do anything unpalatable or not fun, and to use every excuse and pass under the sun to just give up or feel like basic requirements do not apply to her.

Anyway, excuse that rant. It is just so aggravating. My mom has been acting older than Betty since her late 50's! I think Betty has been amazing! And you all have been amazing at closing the gaps!

••••••••••••••

TODAY IS KENNY CHESNEY CONCERT DAY!!

I am a little worried about predicted storms but it will be what it is.

PLUS I feel like I have had some down time and some time alone and GEEZ it has been GLORIOUS even with the electrician here for a couple of hours.

We now have a Ring doorbell wired in AND a ring floodlight camera at the back of the house so that is pretty cool. Plus the front foyer got a new light fixture but we are out of bulbs so I need to get some of those.

Next up with be patching and painting of the whole house (EC) except the basement level. After 18 years it badly needs it!

Then, three bathrooms getting updated, and then bedroom carpets replaced. Who needs money? lol

Working off of feeling like a Teletubby too. Definitely feeling like a Weeble and I feel like I have some mental and emotional bandwidth to cope now.

So anyway, concert tonight and then tomorrow is free, all day! I plan to try to get C's photos through the final sort and get them sent off to the person doing the slideshow. Having things to do hanging over my head is not enjoyable to me- some people don't mind it but to me it feels like stress and pressure- I just want it OFF my plate so it isn't swirling around in the back of my mind!
  #1170   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-22, 04:31

BF:

Good Morning!

Successful Dr. visit with Betty yesterday. He was wonderful! He is actually the one who spearheaded the Home Health Services at this hospital(Geisinger). We asked that he be her primary physician and he said that would be fine. He will do home visits regularly and as needed. He was very thorough and explained all her blood work numbers etc. All looks good....if only she could get around! Sigh...

Finally going back to the golf course today after a 4 day break. Humidity has broken and it should be a nice few days ahead.

-----------

Trig....Are you telling me that when we all get together again, I'll be driving you all around in a shuttle making sure your knees etc are ok? I can do that! Beers & Rum all around!

Nic.....Hope you had fun at the concert and enjoy your "free" day today!

Jaz.....I hear you on the bounce house with the weight. I was up yesterday and back down 2 today. I seriously think the heat and humidity play a big role.

-----------

My cleaning lady was here yesterday and told me that she'll be having surgery in September as she has colon cancer. I hope she does well. She has always been one to put off medical issues and just keep working through pain or whatever. I think she is in her mid to late 50's. I hope her daughter will step up and take care of her after her surgery, but I think she's kind of on her own. She lives about 20 minutes from us, but I'll keep in touch with her and do what I can.

Well, I have to get moving! 8AM tee time!

Have good days!