Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Cholesterol, Heart Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-21, 10:31
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I was hoping to get my next follow-up CAC done last week. But due to Covid craziness the hospital cut way back on the available time slots for doing that scan. As a result I could not get an appointment until mid November. However, they did say that I could call in from time to time to check for cancellations. I made that call today and guess what? They can get me in this afternoon at 4:15! Hurray! The wait is over. I'll post my results later tonight.

My last score was 158. I want to see a lower number. But if it is less than 221 then I'll still be in the preferred window of less than 15% annual progression. Fingers crossed that my diet and lifestyle are still having the desired effect on my CVD.

I've been a member of a private FB group called Coronary Artery Calcification for a year or two. It has quite a few doctors and notable "experts" as members and the site maintains a spreadsheet where members can report their scores anomalously. From this data I see that a regression in CAC score is quite rare. Only 2 others have reported a decrease in CAC and one of those was still within the margin of error for CAC scans. Mine is the only reported significant drop. Most who have reported a baseline & follow-up scan report significant progression (well above 15%). Most members of this group are on a statin - unlike me. One other major difference is that I've been living my LC lifestyle for 8 years and had been doing this 3 years before I even had my baseline done. I'm wondering if these last 2 points could be the difference? I'm also still wondering if my drop in score was a fluke or an error? I'll find out in a few hours.

Last edited by khrussva : Mon, Sep-27-21 at 15:50.