Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 15:54
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Exclamation Artists and Designers: We need your help!

Dear members,

We would like to ask for help from those of you with graphic design skills (since the webmaster lacks any sense of art )

Purpose: We would like to offer our members the opportunity to purchase low-carb themed T-shirts, mugs and other commemorative items and use the revenue to support our site. These products will be sold through <a href="http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/storeref.aspx?refby=lowcarber">CafePress.com</a>, and we would add a small markup to the price of each item to support this site. As you know, we recently upgraded to a new monster server to handle all the traffic on our site and forums, and we hope the sale of these items will help offset the expenses. And if this works out as we hope it will, we may even be able to replace banner ads with these items.

What's in it for you? Beside helping out your favourite forum we will be glad to add a link to your site, if you have one, on the page listing these products (Designed by xyz, url at yoursite.com), and feel free to add your signature to the art work.

Non-Artists, you can help too! If you have ideas for good designs and slogans, please share them too. This may help our volunteering artists with some ideas to start with.

Guidelines

1. Copyrights: The work must be your original work, and can not infringe on anyone else's copyrights. If you use parts of someone else's work with permission, please let us know who they are, and include a permission note from them releasing the copyright.

2. Release of Copyrights: In order for us to use your designs, you agree to transfer the copyrights to us.

3. PNG or PSD Formats only: Please make sure the images are not compressed, and be sure to preserve all the layer details. Doing so ensures better quality prints on the final product.

4. Sizes and Colours: For the images to print properly on these products, please make sure you follow the guideline outline by <a href="http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/storeref.aspx?refby=lowcarber">CafePress.com</a> here:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/images.aspx

And for the various size requirements, here:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/he...mage_sizes.aspx

5. Submissions: As these images will be large and uncompressed please do not upload as an attachment on our forum, instead, email the images to webmaster (at) lowcarber.org

6. Possible Themes

Note: Please add the URL to our site below each design. One version for each URL: http://www.lowcarb.ca and http://forum.lowcarber.org

a. Low-Carb Pride: Some bold graphics with strong statements against carbs and sugar, and/or how low-carb is the way to go.

b. Neanderthin Theme: with caveman/woman and eating naturally.

c. Humour Theme, with some witty statements and cartoons.

d. Forum Theme, with forum URL and community support graphics.

e. LowCarb.ca Theme, with URL and improved/touched up logo for our website.

f. Creative Themes, if you have an idea for a different theme, feel free to submit it!

Finally, we would like to thank all artists, designers and members who are willing to help, and we look forward to your creative contributions!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 07:11
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 172/127/125 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default What a great idea!

That is a fantastic idea! I'd love to have a mug or carrying-bag saying "ask me about my low-carb way of life" or something to that effect.

Low-carbing & loving it!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 18:58
Forum Founder

Default Re: What a great idea!

Quote:
Originally posted by GetN-SkinE
"ask me about my low-carb way of life"

That's going to be my T-Shirt!! And they better have a couple of hours to listen

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 11:06
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Wink Ok I'm being alittle sarcastic...

After my weekend, I would like a shirt or sweatshirt that says
Yes, I'm low carbing and that is low not no"

I'm starting induction and my sister was all over me about not eating any carbs and I've been low carbing for almost 2 years... again
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 21:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

I am an artist. . .I work in graphics and polymer clay primarily. Infact I am a 'published' artist for my polymer work. . .2 mags and one book. . .but that is irelivant to this discussion. . .I do logos. . .in fact I love doing logos. . .in fact. . .I can have four samples of logos for you before the weekend is out. . .I have done logos for other websites http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/c...a/contents.html

the little round logo at the top is mine. http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/c...cpccbanner2.gif

and here

http://www.sisterstreet.com/cafeshop.php

check out close ups of the puppy and kitten ones (this site has a Breast reduction forum on it. . .these are for those women) and the purple coffee cup and the Street Sign. . the rest the rainbow and the lame women saying "I lost. . .blah, blah, blah" was the site owners work.

I design things for my church. . .kids school. . .so what do you want? Funny. . .classy. . .cool. . .sly? Your the boss. Oh and I have given these logos away for free. . .to me it is like a puzzle. . .some people do crosswords . . .I design logos and snappy slogans. redawn
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 21:52

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

by the way the puppy logo shirt for those women who have had breast reduction allows them to walk up to people and say "check out these puppies" redawn
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 07:13
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by redawn
Funny. . .classy. . .cool. . .sly?

Hi Redawn. All these themes and varieties are welcome, so whichever style you prefer... either a choice from the a. to e. categories, or the the f. category "creative themes"..

Wa'il
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 17:30
Forum Founder

Here's an example of how this will look like, I've used our current logos with some modifications to setup some samples:

http://www.cafeshops.com/lowcarber

Some may like how they look right now, but we're looking for something a lot better

Wa'il
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 18:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/168/145 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default mug

I would like a travel mug that says
MAKE MINE LOW CARB!!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 09:14
Forum Founder

Karen gave me a T-shirt a while back that says:

"Eat Meat! Prevent Grain Drain!" on the fornt, and "Not Wheat! Prevent Grain Drain!" on the back.

It was made by one of her LC cooking class students. We might use that...

Wa'il
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 15:16

Plan: atkins (for diabetes)
Stats: 230/184/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default cafe press

i have a shop with cafe press and it's loads of fun. i wouldn't mind helping if you'd like me to. just let me know. it would take no time to whip something up. i think the plain "no carbs" logo would be great!
you can take a peek at my shop here: http://www.cafeshops.com/dmblnd
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 13:18

Plan: Loony plans
Stats: 205/146/145 Male 5'6" - 167cm
BF:28%/ around 10%/7%
Progress: 98%
Default Designs

Hello,

I do some designs for the company I work with although I am not a graphic designer. I design their t-shirt ads, flyers, business cards, etc.. The tools I use are photoshop and acdsee for viewing and printing. Although I am not a pro, sometimes I surprise my boss and myself with thins I come up with.

I would love to help but am a little short on time. Between college, work, dieting, and exercising, 24 hrs a day aren't enough.
Is there like a deadline to turn these graphics in?

Thanks,

Loony
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 14:23

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 190/190/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default T-shirt designs

Some greater force must have brought me to this site. I just started the atkins diet after trying everything else. My mom was quite successful with it as were many other family and friends. My big downfall, CHOCOLATE!!! Anyway, I happen to own an engraving and screen printing business. I make t-shirts for a living! We also have 3 in house artists. I would love to be able to print some shirts if you don't have someone already in mind.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 14:59

Stats: 210/180/170
BF:
Progress: 75%

How bout for T prints:

"DANDRs WOL "

-under that in smaller print-

"Its more then just a diet...... "
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 09:26
Forum Founder

Thanks for your interest folks.

To answer your questions:

1. What would you like? That's an easy one, check the first post

2. Deadline? No hard deadlines defined. Once ther are enough entries (this may take a while, since there are no entries as of yet), we might close this to start the selection process, or we might keep it open for additional entries in case something really good comes up.

3. Printing the T-shirts. This will be done by CafePress, simply due to the simplicity of their process. They handle all shipping, online billing, online catalogue in addition to printing. If some one knows of a better alternative that offers these services, please let us know.

Looking forward to the first entry

Wa'il