Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-06, 17:07

Plan: low carb
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Too much/21%/22%
Progress: 20%

Well put Nancy. I would rather look good and feel good than to eat something that gives me such distress. Last night I went out to dinner and had a T-bone, grilled yellow & green squash, a diet coke and a cappuchino. Well, I had such gas all night and didn't feel good. I think it was the dairy in the cappuchino and it killed me. Never again!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-06, 21:35
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

I've never been good with wagons I am astounded that I've been smoke-free as long as I have, never mind giving up certain foods! But you know, I do need to discover the power that comes with saying no sometimes. AND, to remember that food is not entertainment. I have several mental issues as far as eating goes, unfortunately.

I'll be able to stay dairy/wheat free at the stagette tomorrow and at her wedding, which is next weekend. (Think colostomy bag...) She just happens to be intolerant of wheat, most dairy and sugar. Maybe there will be a meat cake.

Shay, I tried myself with a blue cheese dip (deliberately) and had the same thing - bloat, gas, but also nasal and throat symptoms. Man, I haven't had a cappucino in ages...sigh...or a chai latte...poor moi...
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-06, 22:48
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Same with me, I had some dairy and it was gas-city.

I have a feeling my meds I'm taking for my autoimmune disease aren't working as well as they did. I'm feeling creaky and lately the fatigue has been coming back. Dammit! I thought it was the diet was that making me feel better, not the meds.
  #94   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-06, 07:45
Dazilous

BF:

I'm sorry to hear that Nancy...
How long have you been noticing it?
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-06, 08:23
Experimenter

BF:

Well, I started waking up all sore again the last week or so and my energy levels have tanked. Although they don't really list it as a symptom I think an element of fatigue goes along with it. And my bowels are really nasty right now too, another symptom.

Well, there are a lot of other meds I can take for it. I might try to go without any for awhile if these start to fail me big time. See if I can find some combination of krill oil and turmeric or something to control it. They use a lot of the same drugs for this that they do for Rheumatoid arthritis, like Enbrel and Humira but they have some super nasty side-effects because they suppress your immune system.
  #96   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-06, 15:08

Sorry to hear that Nancy. I hope you feel better soon.
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Aug-21-06, 09:00
Dazilous

BF:

Nancy, how are you feeling after this weekend? Any change for the better?

Shay, still flat-tummied with no fruit?

I decided to redo the candida spit test thing, since I read that you're supposed to let it sit - when I'd done it before, I spit, looked, and then dumped it out thinking the results were immediate (see, I am impatient). If this test is accurate, and who really knows, then I do have it. It's what I had originally suspected as cause of my bloat, at least partially. I did the test bc my hayfever kicked in to super-high gear the morning after the stagette - I drank wine (but ate clean, ha!) and woke up feeling allergic, but then had brunch with my mum (buffet - scrambled eggs, sausage, etc) and went NUTS. Spent the rest of the day half-conscious on the couch, blowing my nose. Haven't felt that bad since...well, my vegetarian days, when they were at their worst. I couldn't even function. I think the wine pushed me up to my allergy threshold, and then brunch shoved me over for whatever reason.

At any rate, I am making an appointment with my doc and asking her to test me for yeast and whatever food allergies she can order. I am going to send away for Enterolab as well, when my client pays me! This is frustrating, and I am starting to feel like a Woody Allen hypochondriac.

As a side note: would you believe that at the stagette we had one gluten/dairy/sugar intol, one wheat allergy, one gluten intol and one dairy intol? And then me, as the "I'm not sure yet" gal. Ordering dinner was hilarious.
  #98   ^
Old Mon, Aug-21-06, 09:07
Experimenter

BF:

Well, Saturday was a bad-eatin' day. I had potato chips and M&M's. My gut really exploded. Was nasty. But Sunday all was quite. Still holding quiet this morning.

I'm thinking chocolate may not be a good thing for me.
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 05:58
Dazilous

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
I'm thinking chocolate may not be a good thing for me.

I will pray to every god and goddess I know of that it is not so.

I tried a cheese day on Sunday! TOM is here and wants cheese in the most desperate way. The BF and I were at the EX (a big fair) and I had some pork souvlaki with tza...tzaz...that sauce and greek salad with lotsa feta. Later, I went for a gluten-free pizza slice. No weird tum feelings, no bloat (no more than usual, anyway). This morning I am giving kefir a go. So far, so good!
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 09:17
Experimenter

BF:

Well horray! I love greek food.
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-06, 17:38

Stomach is a little bloated here and there since I was out of town for four days on business. I did has some dairy. The italian food killed my stomach, never again!!!! I have to get back on track and into the swing of things again.
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-06, 09:05
Dazilous

BF:

Same here - I've been on a 'screw it' diet for the past 2 days, and I'm paying for it. I blew up after some fries one day. Yesterday I had a spicy beef salad (Thai), and a bunch of coffee/lattes with milk. Got home, and I felt soooo ill I had to lie down. Burpy, a little bloaty, nauseous, totally exhausted.

When I felt better, I had g-free chocolate cake. Hee hee!

However, as of Monday the 28th I am ass-in-gear. I will be posting my allowed foods here bc I intend to be held accountable for solving this bloat crap. No sense complaining about it if I'm not gonna fix it. Expect some complaining. Feel free to kick my ass. BRING IT.
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-06, 09:54
Experimenter

BF:

Ok, I'll join you on that. I'm gonna get my ass in gear too.

I had fries yesterday, but they were made in a dedicated frier. And then... ummm... 2 small bags of peanut M&M's.
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-06, 17:48

Count me in too. Fries huh? I would love to have some. It has been forever since I had any, but I will not give in. Monday is a new beginning. Let's get rid of this bloat!
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-06, 07:49
Experimenter

BF:

I gotta do some planning this week.

I think I'll butterfly a whole chicken and have that with some sort of dry rub on in.

Hmmmm... maybe I'll make a huge vat of my coconut milk soup too.