Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-08, 10:15

Plan: Protien Power
Stats: 189.5/179.5/145 Female 67
BF:
Progress:
Default PLEASE HELP..PP Plan How to Calculate my daily Carb/Protein intake ??

Can anyone help me please, I used the Protien Power Plan a few years ago and remember in the book, there was a way to calculate the amount of carbs/protein I could have in a day.

I am now trying to go by memory since I can't find my old book. Can someone give me the formula used. I believe my intake has changed due to my weight being higher now than when I started it before . I have stalled weight loss already !!

Thank you!

Last edited by ILoveEggs! : Sun, Aug-03-08 at 17:02. Reason: no response
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-08, 16:58

BF:
Progress:
Default ...Anyone??

Is there anyone out there who can give me the formula to calculate my intake on the PP Plan?? I don't want to go spend $$ on another book just to find it later.....please help....
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-08, 19:29
Registered Member

Plan: PPL Hedonist
Stats: 163/138.5/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

I gave you the amount required from the PPL book in the monthly thread.
I don't have my PP book yet.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-08, 09:11
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

I think the PP calculation might come in a bit lower because it's more precise, but the amount in PPLP should work just fine since it's based on a "minimum" (so while less precise, it's good enough to be sure). I see Beth has helped you so I don't need to look up your info on the chart. I just wanted to clarify the difference so you didn't bother waiting on the PP formula.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-08, 19:57

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

The PP protein calculation requires your height, weight, hip & waist measurements + activity level and is similar/identical? to the Zone method:

http://www.getrolling.com/orbit/zoneCalcFemale.html
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-08, 02:26

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 216/166/150 Female 60 inches
BF:45%/33.5%/28%
Progress: 76%

Carb intake from PP is 30g ECC (carbs minus fiber) per day, as no more than 7-10g per sitting or meal. The PPLP recommendations go up to 40g ECC per day (better math.)

That carb intake stays the same until your health problems (insulin resistance, blood lipid profile (cholesterol), blood sugar issues, blood pressure, etc. normalize.

At around 175 lbs., your daily minimum protein intake from the PPLP book would be from 81 to 102g protein per day--these are from charts rather than the calculations in the original book which estimate lean body mass + activity level and recommend more precisely than the chart. But depending on your height, 81-102g protein per day should do it.

Hope this helps.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-08, 07:56

BF:
Progress:

Thank you all for your help!!:-) That is what I remebered in the PP book was a more "calculated" by your body measurement , all I could remember was no more than 15 grams per meal, and 5 grams per snack of carbs per day for me when my weight starting out was only 160. Now , my starting weight on July 20th is at my all time high, non pregnancy weight of 189.5 !! So I figured the counts had changed.
I am hovering around 180.5 the past week, and I my 1st MAJOR slip up yesterday, OK not just a slip up, I binged on all my favorite foods:-(
So I REALLY need to start over fresh today. It feels good to be down 9 lbs, but it felt really crappy to fall off the wagon yesterday. I know I just need to keep going and forget about yesterday.
I am going to adjust my carb intake lower and find ways to increase my protien.
Thank you again, it's nice to have people here rooting you on, most people around me (besides my husband) seem to try to tempt me to eat like them, and don't understand this low carb thing. They have their own ignorant opinion of low carb living.
That just makes me more determined to show them I can do it!!

Blessings,
Tracy
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-08, 08:51

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

The Zone calculator is in line with others I have done. My min is 80g/day.