Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-08, 15:04

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 201/198/155 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default Had my period naturally - 3 weeks of LC

I could hardly believe it. I lowered my carb intake and started exercising. And like magic I had my period this morning. I feel so much better. Had no cramps or anything. Never thought I would be so glad to have my period. But I take it as a sign that my body is trying to balance itself and heal. Love that I didn't have to take any pills for this to happen.

And I've lost a couple of pounds too!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-08, 14:27

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

Awesome! About the same thing happened to me as well. I've been LC since 2004 and I think that I've only missed 3 periods in all that time. You are on the right track.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-08, 14:55

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 195.6/194.2/00 Female 1.74cm
BF:
Progress:

Hi Tiffanie

Yeah it's great !!!

I started Protein power on Monday (7days ago) and my period started this morning, I couldn't believe my eyes. I NEVER get my period on my own. I am very happy with the results.

So now we just need to stick to this way of eating and we will be regular girls

Congrats to you getting your period, I don't think ladies will understand why we get all excited ..... but hey, it's great to feel like a woman again. (he-he)

Keep us updated.

Bye bye
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-08, 20:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 372/236.6/199 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 78%

'Grats!!! I was excited too
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-08, 14:52

Plan: 90% classic Schwarzbein
Stats: 342/257/165 Female 5'7"
BF:>55%/51%/<30%
Progress: 48%

Just add me in as a "me too!" My endocrinologist put me on metformin 18 months ago to get my cycles going, but that had stopped working and I refused to take a higher dosage. Hadn't had a period since early last Fall.... and then poof! A slightly light but perfectly normal period started when I was just a few days into eating LC.

Mind you, I was a lot more excited than my husband was, but he's enjoyed plenty of months without a cycle!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-08, 10:25

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 201/198/155 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Smile

And I just started another one! This is the second one - granted it was 6 week cycle instead of 4. But still, that is so awesome. I know that LCing is healing my body little by little.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-08, 04:42
Registered Member

Plan: Cave Woman
Stats: 181.6/177.8/145 Female 63 inches
BF:37%/37%/20%
Progress: 10%
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9
Hi Tiffanie

Yeah it's great !!!

I started Protein power on Monday (7days ago) and my period started this morning, I couldn't believe my eyes. I NEVER get my period on my own. I am very happy with the results.

So now we just need to stick to this way of eating and we will be regular girls

Congrats to you getting your period, I don't think ladies will understand why we get all excited ..... but hey, it's great to feel like a woman again. (he-he)

Keep us updated.

Bye bye

I'm so happy for both of you! This is my second time around with this game and the first time my period started two weeks into LC eating.

I beg all of you, please don't do what I did. I spent 6 months eating LC and *all* of my symptoms resolved. I felt great and thought I was "cured". Gradually I went back to "normal" eating and nothing bad happened for a very long time.

It's been about 7 years since I stopped taking care of myself and now I'm right back where I started and it's crashing down on me much faster than last time. Before, it took a year for all the PCOS symptoms to show themselves. Now it's hitting me after only a couple of months from the first sign of trouble.

There is no reason for us girls to go through this hell. Just don't let yourself believe that you can ever go back.