Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-09, 21:01

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 155/125/125 Female 62 inches
BF:21
Progress: 100%

Oh man, I just got my T-Tapp video, and I'm very intrigued by it. It looks a tiny bit like Callanetics, but with more energy. I'm not going to do more than work on learning the exercises after I do my Callanetics for the next week, but I can forsee doing the arm exercises after Callanetics a couple of days a week, then doing just straight T-Tapp another couple of days.

It wasn't the music that was cracking Tracey and me up, it was the lyrics. John Taylor did not come off as even as good a lyricist as Simon LeBon (of "shake up the picture, the lizard mixture/with your dance on the eventide" fame). Maybe we were just feeling goofy, but "Anon" just cracked us up. "I got respect for Jesus, He was a lovely Geez/as for Little Budda, I like Keanu Reeves/there are so many lessons, I like to mix them up/like a temporary filling, a 24 hour cup" We were like, and we were in love with this guy singing about Keanu Reeves? And was he singing about Budda of the religion or of the female body part?

You know what's so sad? I had to look up the Anon lyrics, but I had the New Moon on Monday lyrics memorized already. I, like, took that junk seriously when I was in 7th grade. And actually tried to figure out what Simon LeBon meant when he said he, "stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite". He was probably frickin' high when he wrote it!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 12:02

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevaboo
Oh man, I just got my T-Tapp video, and I'm very intrigued by it. It looks a tiny bit like Callanetics, but with more energy. I'm not going to do more than work on learning the exercises after I do my Callanetics for the next week, but I can forsee doing the arm exercises after Callanetics a couple of days a week, then doing just straight T-Tapp another couple of days.

Let me know how that goes!

Quote:
It wasn't the music that was cracking Tracey and me up, it was the lyrics. John Taylor did not come off as even as good a lyricist as Simon LeBon (of "shake up the picture, the lizard mixture/with your dance on the eventide" fame). Maybe we were just feeling goofy, but "Anon" just cracked us up. "I got respect for Jesus, He was a lovely Geez/as for Little Budda, I like Keanu Reeves/there are so many lessons, I like to mix them up/like a temporary filling, a 24 hour cup" We were like, and we were in love with this guy singing about Keanu Reeves? And was he singing about Budda of the religion or of the female body part?

Keanu Reeves?? As part of the lyrics??
Quote:
You know what's so sad? I had to look up the Anon lyrics, but I had the New Moon on Monday lyrics memorized already. I, like, took that junk seriously when I was in 7th grade. And actually tried to figure out what Simon LeBon meant when he said he, "stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite". He was probably frickin' high when he wrote it!

Yeah, that seems to be the excuse for 3/4 of the stars of that era!!

I'm hugely into Def Leppard! If my house were burning down, I'd make sure to take "The Vault" with me to safety!

Nine hours as of yesterday - and I think I'm at that spot where you feel squishier before you get trimmer...or I hope that's what's going on!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 13:06

Ah, yes, Def Leppard. The 'ballistic lipstick love machine band'. Gosh, was that really 21 years ago? I am feeling soooo old!

I don't know if I'm ever going to get much out of T-tapp, except the arms. Maybe after the kids are both in school full time, when I've got the chance to pay attention to the video while I'm still awake... I get the arm exercise, though, and that's all I really care about for now. Even if I end up doing Callanetics and just the arms for awhile. I'll figure it all out eventually. I'm just so uncoordinated, and keeping my knee slightly bent means I'm going to stumble for awhile. Ah, well, no deadline for learning, so I'll be ok.

I know what you mean about 'that spot', and it does happen. I'm still a little squishy (over the tummy muscles), but that's because I've been pregnant a couple of times. And I don't have the money to get rid of the loose skin. My cousin had her kids when she was 19 and 24, and she doesn't have any of that. Must be nice, but I'm glad I waited until I was in my 30's to have kids. I'm a much better mom now than I would have been 15 years ago.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-09, 18:35

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

I think I'm on hour 11?? Or maybe still 10?? But I need to get that out of the way tonight, maybe during Biggest Loser. Certainly provides enough motivation watching the contestants working out!

Quote:
Ah, yes, Def Leppard. The 'ballistic lipstick love machine band'. Gosh, was that really 21 years ago? I am feeling soooo old!

You have amazing taste in music!
Quote:
I don't know if I'm ever going to get much out of T-tapp, except the arms. Maybe after the kids are both in school full time, when I've got the chance to pay attention to the video while I'm still awake... I get the arm exercise, though, and that's all I really care about for now. Even if I end up doing Callanetics and just the arms for awhile. I'll figure it all out eventually. I'm just so uncoordinated, and keeping my knee slightly bent means I'm going to stumble for awhile. Ah, well, no deadline for learning, so I'll be ok.

So with Callan and T-Tapp, you're getting a full workout? I'm thinking about finding my dumbbells soon and working on the upper body too.
Quote:
I know what you mean about 'that spot', and it does happen. I'm still a little squishy (over the tummy muscles), but that's because I've been pregnant a couple of times. And I don't have the money to get rid of the loose skin. My cousin had her kids when she was 19 and 24, and she doesn't have any of that. Must be nice, but I'm glad I waited until I was in my 30's to have kids. I'm a much better mom now than I would have been 15 years ago.

I agree. I'm in my mid 20s and getting the comments about "when are you having kids?" and I'd much rather be established within my career and as a "me" (because the first 18 years weren't completely 'Me" if that makes sense) before adding kiddos to the picture.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-09, 21:55

I feel like I'm getting a full workout with T-tapp and Callanetics both, and it really doesn't take much more time to do just the arm exercises plus the Callanetics.

I was running behind this month, due to an extended break. It was only a week, but it totally threw me off. I've been working out on weekends to catch up. But, I'm up to 14 hours as of today, so I'm caught up, at least.

And, I say that you're absolutely right for waiting. I love my kids, and I'm sure I would have loved them if they'd been born 10 years ago. But I got a whole lot of selfish time in that my cousin and my sister didn't get to have. When I had an extra $100 in my 20's, I took myself shopping or to a spa. Tracey bought something for her kids. Kind of like I'm doing with my extra money now. But, when you grow up like I did, with every article of clothing as a hand-me-down, you want to spoil yourself a little. And I know it would have been a quick lesson in growing up, but I kind of liked taking my time about that.

But, then again, my sister's kids are almost grown, and she's living like I did in college, so I guess it evened out for her. But she's a grandmother at 39. There's something not right about being called Nana before you're even 40. (Her son and his girlfriend accidentally made a baby when he was 17.)

Are you married, or are you getting the questions about kids along with the questions about finding a partner, too? I used to think that lesbians and gays never got that kind of pressure, but these days, no one has an easy out anymore.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 13:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Dukan
Stats: 234/168/115 Female 5ft5inch
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hey guys,

Well..... Only managed 14 hours in February So up to 50 hours now in total. I am aiming again for 16 in March and am about to do hour 2.

Hope you guys are all getting on well.

Helen x
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Mar-06-09, 16:04

Helen, good to see you're still working at it!

With so little interest in doing monthly threads on this, I'm thinking of just doing a straight-up single thread for all time! If I get around to it...