Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-02-03, 15:59

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default "Yeast Fighters"

I started on a suppliment by Twin Lab called "Yeast Fighters". It has several known ingrediants for fighting candida. Taking these along with the Atkins diet has been a God send. I have suffered with fibermyalgia and I'm sure candida for some two years now and am feeling relief. Just thought I'd share what is helping me. Vonnie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 00:20

Plan: carb counting
Stats: 150/130/120
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default whats best in killing the yeast?

Thanks for that info vonnie, but whats in the Yeast fighter and how long were you on in before feeling relief from symptoms?
im currently on formula SF722 and have been for 12 days now but so far im not really seeing any obvious results. Symptoms have lessoned, of course as i am abstaining from the offensive foods but 'white' tongue and intestinal problems are still prevalent (if not worse at times!!)

If people could write in and say what yeast fighters they are on and what effects they are getting that would be very helpful for me!! (and all of us.)

i am on:
* SF722 (Undecenoic Acid-derived from castor bean oil) 6 tablets per day

* Grapefriut seed extract 3 capsules per day

*a probiotic twice a day

i have tried Nilstat (Nystatlin) previosly and observed far quicker results however couldn't finish treatment as broke out in swelling rash (allergic )
i am worried i am wasting my time and money on sf722. anyone else currently on it please tell me how you're doing.

love mazzy
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 16:27

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%

Look on the "Candida and Fibro" thread. I listed the ingredients there. The symptom Im dealing with is fullness in my left ear and sinuses. At times I feel I may be hearing better yet at other times Im not sure. From what Im reading it takes time for any of the products to work. Just get with one you trust. I happen to trust Twin Lab products. Good luck fighting off those little buggers. Vonnie
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 18:09

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Are you taking enough SF722?

When I started taking SF722, I began with 2 pills 3xs a day. I then worked up to 5 pills 3xs a day. As I upped my intake yeast starting pouring out of me. I would cough it up in the morning, it would be in my bowel, and anywhere else it could come out of. I would take it on a empty stomach before each meal. I also rotate my supplements so the yeast won't become accustomed to the program. Ask your doctor about this or Needs.com should have some answers for you.

Arnie
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 13:39

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%
Default this might be gross...

... but what do you mean by yeast poring out of you? What does it look like, can you really see it? I had to stop taking my yeast cleanse for awhile, but even when I was taking it, I only felt awful, never noticed anything obvious.

Thanks for the info!!

-Jess
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 21:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/220/215 Male 78 inches
BF:36/28/20
Progress: 88%
Post Web Page for a Low-Carb Candida Diet

I have prepared the following web page with recommendations for the low-carb diet in the treatment of Candida and other bowel diseases. The Atkins' diet must be adjusted with additional restrictions to be effective against these diseases.

Bowel Diseases and Candida.

There are several links to additional Candida information.

Kent
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 04:03

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

pretty good website, that...
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 13:52

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%
Default to Kent

Thanks for the link, it is full of very useful information. I learned alot, and I have read volumes on this subject!

Really appreciate it!

-Jess
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 00:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/255/135 Female 5ft9inches
BF:
Progress:
Default candida and atkins

have you been able to lose weight?
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-04, 13:32

Plan: unpublished Candida diet
Stats: 130/130/120 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress:

I have spoken to a doctor and will start taking SF722 in a few days. He said that you will feel worse before you feel better b/c the yeast has to get out. It's the die-off. If you're achy it's b/c it's in your muscles and coming out. He suggested taking a laxative a few days prior b/c I have been constipated (another lovely symptom of Candida). This way I should have fewer die-off symptoms. Otherwise the yeast goes back through your system b/c you're clogged. Ick. Don't stop treatment if you have die-off. Get it out. It's like stopping antibiotics when you feel better without finishing them. You'll get sick again.