Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#3016   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-19, 13:28

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Trig- I was in your zone- I went to store and CLEANED UP!!!!!- Steaks- buy one get one, bacon same, pork roast- 1/2 price, roast 1/2 price, crab legs 11.99, 2 pound bags of cooked shrimp 1/2 off- I FILLED UP MY CART!!!!!!! WHOOT- !!!!!!!!-

Now- hummmmmmm what's for dinner. I think I am going to have a hamburger Pattie no bun. Ground beef was on sale as well- got 3 pounds. Most everything I stuck in freezer. I will live on that for a long while. Seriously, it MIGHT take me through till I leave.

Now that I have hauled it all up 3 flights of steps- took 4 trips and the water is still in the car, it is rest- and TV time!!!!!!-whew- then of course Bella had to go out- another trip up and down!
Sponsored Links
  #3017   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-19, 17:52

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Feeling very heartsick tonight. Do you all remember last April when I went to Calabash NC to visit my friend Trish and run the Oak Island lighthouse 10k? She is the one who has the big Maine Coon cat. Anyway, she fell this summer and broke her wrist and then this Fall she had back surgery to have some vertebrae fused.....I just learned that she has been diagnosed with ALS in the past couple weeks. I feel sick to my stomach. Her Mother just died this week too, at age 97.

When I was at her house last Spring, she was having some trouble walking, but she said she had a bad hip. Looking back, I guess she was having symptoms even then. She was working hard in rehab after her fall & back surgery and told me that she wanted to walk the 5k at Oak Island this coming Spring. Now this....I just feel so, so bad for her. Her only family is her sister who lives here in PA, out near Pittsburgh. She loves her place in NC near the beach and has many good friends. I only hope she can have some good years before that terrible disease takes it's toll.

Be thankful for every day, my friends. Love you all.
  #3018   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-19, 19:26

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all---

(((((Lori----))))))). Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this about your friend. Haunting for you to look back and see the signs.

I agree w/you about trying to "walk" a 5K race in her new reality. Don't know much about ALS, other than that it is steadily de-habilitating, but think it's probably necessary she finds happiness in new ways. Easy to say, so hard to do. Still, she will have to find her own journey w/this---painful to watch as her pal.

Nic---Thrilled to the gills for your son. What an achievement! From Amsterdam to New York, this young man is packing a lot into his life early! AND, he will be so close to you! So happy for you too---nothing better than when a mama's heart pumps with pride, not to mention relief that he's NOT headed for somewhere else so far away.

Trig---Love love the "stocking stuffers" for kiddo under the lit up bear. This is what the finest memories are made of for our kiddos, imo. I swear, no matter what mistakes you make as a parent, if you create a big fat folder of good memories for your kid, it's all going to be OK.

Which beach are you going to for New Year's?

Jazzer---Hahahahaha! So in my new texting world, I KNOW you had yourself a fun night out last night. OMG, your spirit is so delightful! Swear, after your last couple of weeks, if it were me, the extent of my wildness would be in a hot bubble bath, w/a glass of something, all by my little old self. But not you! No ma'm, you are out there grabbing it all up. I LOVE that about you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to be MIA for a bit here, gals. TOO MUCH going on, good and bad, but basically everything is fine, if that makes sense. Just too much social stuff for me, I'm not there right now. Also, work continues to haunt w/political crap. Then there's the fact that every time I say "I'm done!" meaning I have fulfilled my Xmas duties, turns out there is more to do.

LOL, gals, I'm going to pull age rank. I've got years on all of you, and let me tell you, energy becomes one's GOLD. Not that you don't have it at my age, but you do get picky about where you want to spend it.

Of course, energy begets energy, and part of my MIA right now is that what's giving me energy is my artwork/projects. I am down the rabbit hole w/it, And for me it is quiet, productive and challenging. Find myself running to it these days, thirsty for the interesting solitude of it.

I'm committing to myself for now, to do an art fair next fall/holiday season. We'll see.

Oh, and hahahahahaha! Whoever said on the text thread "This is blue's text nightmare" made me laugh out loud. I have not had the time to figure out my new phone, just toying with it a bit day by day. Need to do a contacts list so I now whose talking, but w/you guys, I can usually guess.

But geez, I told a few people, they told a few people, they told a few people, and now I'm getting 30 texts a day and I've hardly begun.

So interesting the way we're different. Like Nic, doesn't like the phone. I love the phone. So much easier than typing everything out. I totally get that texting is for short fun thoughts/pix, links etc, and I may come to love it, but I think I will never be text Super woman.

I DO LOVE reading ALL your texts and enjoy them. It's fun! Keep 'em coming. always reading along. And I hope as I get in the groove, I'll be there w/y'all in real time for a moment here and there too.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sat, Dec-21-19 at 19:52.
  #3019   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-19, 04:39

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, very cool about the Rec Authority job. Will be interesting to see if it suits you. Give ya something to do thru this nasty winter. Let us know on it.

So sorry to hear about your friend. Very scary diagnosis. It truly opens one's eyes very quickly when someone has big medical troubles and it throws reality right at us at warp speed. I hope she can maintain her lifestyle for a long time still. Never know how things will proceed for her but sending prayers it can be handled better for her and she can get some improvement. No doubt, very scary.

Jaz your time will fly by and no, you don't have to renew there. You are brand new to travel nursing....you want out and about, new adventures, new situations and there are a ton of places that will be exciting. You need to work this travel nurse thing for a bit, see how you truly like it and more. You have time! I loved your schedule you are thinking....home for a while then off for a new adventure.....next time tho, leave earlier and give yourself a bit of down time before the work starts LOL

Blue, I like that. a big old folder of memories....give the kiddos that and they got something to grab onto to. I think that is cool. Makes me feel good with that thought

The 'text thread'....oh boy I am missing out. I think a phone will have to happen for me.....drag me screaming and kicking into the new century here LOL But thing is I am not a texter, or phone talker or any of that kinda. I just ain't into it, LOL, yea I know...sad little me. Dinosaur for sure. But hey I could maybe become a mad texter, hmm, will be interesting to find out later down the road when a phone is forced onto me

I get you on the energy and age. I find as I get older I am super picky how I spend my energy. Or my time. I find I am very greedy on that. I don't care I am either, it is our lives and we gotta spend it as we see fit I don't do more than I have to do on crap that is forced on me and I give more of me on things I love to do now. I used to do it all.....that sure changed....now I do allot my time and control it more. I get that!

Hey Nicco….where are ya?

hey all
today is off to store to get a few small things for the moms. Book for my mom, a few magazines for his mom she likes to read. Just 2-3 things for each to open. That FINISHES me today Will be super fast trip.

other than that I am gonna pick up the house a bit, run a rag to dust over a few things, small things to get everything back in place for the holiday coming.

so ready for it to be over, not a total grinch but the holidays mean almost nothing to me like before. I loved the hype leading up to it all before, now I ONLY WANT to celebrate the 1 day ya know.....1 day for the holiday is enough to me now.....forget all that preliminary crap I used to like LOL I like my holidays low key and short now the older I get

SOS kinda day mostly. Doing well on plan. Eating up my beef.....nothing changing on the scale right now....I don't care. As long as there is no backward gain I am fine with it all After the holidays I will hit into serious weight loss mode. Right now I want to survive the holidays and get that over, cruise thru it all in good form and just chillax.

great day all
  #3020   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-19, 05:23

BF:

Good Morning!

I actually woke up before Gabby this morning! I was starting to get awake about 4:30, but stayed under the covers till almost 5:30. When you go to bed at 9 or a little after, you're ready to get up early. 6-7 hours in the sack is about right for me. I'd say it was probably nearly 10 when I fell asleep last night. I'm not one who can fall right to sleep...have to toss around a bit first.

Didn't end up doing my errands yesterday, so that will be today. I stayed home all day yesterday. So happy here in my nest. I did a bit of laundry and just puttered around. Today I need to get this Christmas stuff finished up. Ugh.

Like you, Trig, I'm ready to have this Christmas stuff over and done. Wish I could just stay home for it all, but we'll be driving to our Daughter's on Christmas Eve and stay overnight. She makes a big dinner, some friends come over and we just sit around, then try to sleep till Christmas morning. Up for gifts etc and then we'll head home. We'll have the youngest Grandson's birthday party Christmas night at the other Grandma's. A fast & furious few hours and then it's done.

My sister is planning to come for a visit on Friday. She'll probably stay 3 or 4 days. I'm not sure what we'll do while she's here.....lots of eating, I'm sure!

Blue......how exciting to plan for an art show! Can't wait to hear more about it all. When do you head for Mexico? I bet you're looking forward to some warm temps & sunshine.

Jaz.....hope your gout symptoms have eased. What do you do for that? Sounds like you stocked up on some good food for the next few weeks. Yum. Did you do anything else fun yesterday? What's on tap for today? Is the weather better?

Nic....Did you have a good day out running around yesterday in your cute Christmas sweater? Loved it! You have lots of good family time coming up....enjoy!

Well, I need another cup of coffee and I think DH wants me to fry him some eggs this morning. He doesn't often eat eggs, but once in awhile, he decides he wants them. Being the good little wifey, I'll smile and make them.

Have good days!
  #3021   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-19, 09:58

BF:

Good morning! I am still a love my week-end morning at a snails pace kinda gal! Nothing fast happens fast on a weekend morning.
Just hopped out os a long bubble bath and wrapped up now sipping my last cup of coffee.

Lori- - So you are thinking about another part time gig? Did I read that correctly? I think anything you do related to working out would be RIGHT up your alley!!!!
So cool your sister coming to spend a few days after the holiday!
LOLOLOL- being a good little wife and making eggs for the DH- funny!

NIC- LOVED LOVED your sweater! You looked so mischievous in it! I would SO wear that! I bet you love the reactions more than the sweater!
Did your DS make it in yet? I bet things are going to pick up in your busy world right now!
Keep us posted. I love your family stories!

BLUE- Lady you are NOT that much older than us- cut me a break! I get you though, boy do I on where to put energy! I struggle with that too. I push and push and then hit a wall- and recoup for a few days and get back up. I agree the older we get the recoup time gets longer and longer!
So so so very cool about your bead hobby and a craft show!!!!! I am so impressed. I SERIOUSLY want you to take a pic of your projects and email them to us! I am super excited to see what you are doing! I think it is so cool you love doing it too and it is your happy place!
I know you are traveling to Mexico- when is your trip?
What are you doing for Christmas, going to your gal pals in the building? I know whatever you do, you will make it fun and magical!

TRIG- I fell asleep listening to videos on You tube about the science of Carnivore. I was listening to this lady who lost 125 pounds going Carnivore and has done extensive research. She wasn't Amber- it was another gal. I want to go back because I fell asleep. I fell asleep as she was saying she had been doing Keto for months and STOPPED losing weight.
She was keeping her carbs under 20 - seriously counting and started even gaining weight. I really am going to find it and listen again. Now that I think about it I think I sent it to you- I was tired last night.

Girl I am right there with you- I am ready to have the "holiday" over. I am such a grinch this year. But being here, it is truly just another day for me. Add the fact I am working, MEH.
What are you making for Christmas? - I have crab legs as well!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------
That bubble bath was wonderful. I was cold! Still not used to the temps here.
I AM going to stop weighing every day- I bounced up again and my eating is really reeled in!
I am running around literally on my feet so much more.
I am digging the steps now too and not so much outta breath (feeling like I am going to die- HAHAH). It isn't bad one one or two trips back to back. But I went to the grocery yesterday- multiple trips up and down and then doggie out!
My legs were sore yesterday- means I am using them!

Made Crack slaw yesterday. Used less cabbage than I am used to. Added just enough for a bit of crunch. I don't have the aminos I normally use. there is a Fresh Market a few blocks down- they will have it.
I have leftovers. So the pot roast is being pushed back to tomorrow. It will be cool to have a home cooked meal waiting when I get back after work.

Today is pretty open for me- no plans. I went on the website and signed up for my healthcare benefits, and browsed up coming open jobs. Just looking! HAHAHAH-for down the road.

I am thinking I would like to hit up the Tanger outlets. There are two of them- right across the street from each other. I will just window shop, and watching other run around like chickens.
Just a nice relaxed day- bit of this and that!

Have a good one all
  #3022   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-19, 14:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Ladies! It is DS21 Comes Home Day!

Jaz- Glad you are meeting a person or two you particularly gel with. That makes things even more fun. You seem to have had a good first week at the new job. What are your hours that you have to be there? It is nice too that you don't seem to be coming home to ANY additional work at the end of the day and your weekends are hopefully totally your own.

Yay for DD and her family feeling better. Keep us posted on what your DD finds out about her thyroid.

More power to you going to FL. I wouldn't go there to live except in the heart of winter but that is just me! The bugs just gross me out. Once you get to April/May/June it is going to be full on summer weather!

I have never heard of big toe gout in my life!!!

Sounds like you went on an awesome shopping trip, Jaz! Our menu has things on it like bratwurst, pulled pork, xmas meal (beef tenderloin and crab cakes) and wings.

Lori- it is great that your weight is staying stable on fairly limited DDs. I'm sure it helps that you stay relatively LC regardless of UD or DD.

I am excited about a possible 10 hour a week job for you. That would be a perfect amount of time!

I am so, so sorry to hear about your friend Trish and her diagnosis. That is a horrible disease. One of the worst I have ever heard of. Terrifying and horrifying.

Blue- I am so glad that you have found something happy and relaxing that lets you enjoy your creative side.. and could potentially be lucrative as well. That's the best of all worlds!

You have a trip coming up in late January, correct? Where are you going again? I can't remember. When do you next see your son? I'd love an update on him someday soon. What is he up to, how is he doing? You can email if you would prefer.

Glad our text thread wasn't annoying you too much! Wasn't sure if it would be or not. There was a pretty intense little volley there!

Trig- Love that idea of a creative stocking set up like that! Does the same thing without space limitations.. which can be nice too if there are huge stockings like my kids have!

That rib roast deal sounds amazing. I'll keep my eyes out for something like that but so far, nada.

Fingers crossed for you that you get warm weather at the beach. We are on an upswing and hopefully you will be too when it is beach time!

Does your brother ever come and share Xmas with you and your Mom and family? Or is it usually you three or four?

•••••••••••

Ds21 is HOME! Very nice to have him here. I took him in for a haircut this morning because Lord did he need one! He had not had a haircut the whole time he was abroad!! He is going to have the same (lack of) hairline that my brother and dad have and he looks best when his hair is shorter. It gets curly/wavy/clumped up and then he looks like he has even less hair than he does.

Trig, to catch you up from the texts.. I was so excited I was texting everyone. DS21 got the paid internship in New York City!!! He will be working there from June 1 to August 4th at a global hedge fund company. Third biggest one in the United States. This is an incredible opportunity for him. He is absolutely beside himself with excitement and cannot believe he is getting this opportunity.

DD went with me to pick DS up in DC and we had some nice time to catch up too. My kids are all in a really good place today- happy with what they are doing and in their lives. I am really enjoying this current phase. I know how quickly things can change!

DS17's talent show went really well. They sounded great and he had a great time doing it. So fun to see him enjoying himself so much.

I'm doing well. Almost completely on track.. small slip up yesterday after picking up DS21 who really wanted, of all things, Taco Bell on the way back. I ate a little bit of some sort of taco/tortilla wrap thingamabob. Honestly it was not good and I was fine not eating any more than half. Did not go off track any more than that though, no sweets etc. So I'll take that.

Cooked up some pork belly this morning with five spice on it So delicious. Then half a can of tuna for lunch. I think I'll finish up that keto soup for dinner. I'm making brats for the others for dinner but I'm not a fan of them myself.

That's about it for us!
  #3023   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-19, 05:45

BF:

Good Morning! Urghhhhh Monday! I think I would like to just be independently wealthy!

Gout- Yup- it can present itself usually in a big toe. I get it sometimes if I eat too much shellfish. Treatment- stop eating it for a few days. I drink lots of water! Funny thing is my DD has the same thing when she eats shrimp every day.
Today- I am having fish again!!!

NIC- YEAH on having DS home! Funny about the haircut! I know you are in your happy place having all your family together after some many months! Is DS going back to Amsterdam? I know he is starting a new endeavor but I was unclear on the time line! So cool though he had such a great opportunity to travel like that! He will carry that forever!

Lori- Hey good morning- WHERE are ya!!!!????? - HAHAHAHAH - I am with you and TRIG as far as I am over the holiday thing already. I am such a grinch this year! LOLOLOL
Did you say you are looking to work part time at the rec center? Maybe I miss read that.
When is your sis coming? Does she have kids?

Trig- OMG- read what I will write below! I lost my roast!
Glad you are done with shopping! I am thinking crab legs Christmas as well.
Are you YOU TUBING - any good videos lately? Feel free to send me some! I like the one with science involved.
When are the mom's coming? I assume your hubby home. Is the kiddo off this entire week?

Blue- HIYA- post when ya can!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up to a huge mess! The silver lining it happened when I was here and nothing "bad" happened. I killed my crock pot- and woke up to a burning crock pot!
First time I have ever ruined a crock pot. The element was burning. I had a small crock pot big enough for a small chicken, or roast. It was a perfect size if used properly.
So I thought- I would toss the roast in last night before bed and let it cook so it would be ready for this morning. NO NO NO -

I woke up to a burning smell. I over filled it- and it leaked everywhere even into the element and it started to burn. URGH....
What a mess- it was all over the counter, I literally pulled out a garbage bag and dumped the entire mess in it- lost a dish towel too.
So I will not be having roast. I had to open some windows because of the smell!!!!- I am so glad it happened though while I was here to smell it and deal with it. Sorta scary. That has NEVER happened to me with a crockpot.

Off today to work- 12 more weeks.

I am loving how much I get to move around. I am going to really use this time to MOVE!!!!! -

OK all- shrimp thawing, maybe tuna if I get hungry at lunch. -

OH- did you all see that VA 65 car pileup??????
  #3024   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-19, 07:00

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori you got the overnighter for the holiday but good thing it is limited and controlled and you will have a good time while there but you know you can escape and get home and relax on your time when needed LOL Not too bad at all!!

Jazz, oh no on the crockpot. So glad you were home! I hate when things go down like that. Glad all is good!!

One thing about carnivore....you need to eat. You eat all the protein you want at any and all times. Key to the plan. You never limit your food. You eat when hungry and don't when you aren't LOL Sometimes it seems you don't eat enough, but I get that, you are super busy and more. But just remember the basics of it...eat all the protein ya want, beef being a key thing here in that it truly sets carnivores up with the best approach.

Your 12 weeks will fly by literally once this holiday is done and gone. Before you know it you will be considering your next position. So cool....can't wait to see where ya land next. You are smart to check options now for later.

Nicco…..very cool on your DS internship. NYC....ohhhh! You should be proud and happy it is all settling well for your kids going into adulthood. That is so all we hope for....getting the good adult life situation working well for them. And you got smart ones also who know what they want and go for it and earn it. Love it!

I so wanted to love brats in my life. Just never did. I figured they would be a god send in my way of eating but something about them I can't handle. I guess I am just a slab of regular old meat gal LOL I get ya on the brats, not a fan either.

HI Blue!!

so today is get mom later. pick up around 4-5 tonight, come home and make soup and BLT for her. I will do bacon/cheese omelet. Family will do whatever, probably stop and get kid McDs or something on the way home. Whatever eat day cause tomorrow on Christmas Eve is our family dinner time. Christmas day we eat whatever and don't care one bit LOL cause too stuffed from the Xmas Eve dinner to care about food anymore. Works out well.

have to color hair in a bit. Do that and get it over with.

Pick up house a tad, freshen guest room for mom etc. Little stuff. Nothing dramatic. Taking life mostly easy today.

have a ribeye steak to eat before I hit the road later to get mom, have bacon, eggs, cheese and more if wanted.

In good form here and I hope all of you are also....get thru this holiday, wait on new years and fly past that and then dead into the winter of doom but that time is my losing weight mode time. I want more off and I am going to do just that! In fact I can't wait for it to get here. I wanna go all in and hit goals etc.

great day all
  #3025   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-19, 07:03

BF:

Good Morning!

I was up early, just didn't pop in to post. I woke up at 3:30 and started thinking about my friend Trish. It still brings tears to my eyes every time I think about it. I can only imagine how she feels when she wakes up every morning.....just hoping it was a nightmare and this terrible thing is not true.

I'm going to bundle up and go outside for a run this morning. Hoping the sun comes out to warm things up a bit. At 1 I'm going to go talk to the director at the Rec Authority about the possibility of working in the office a few hours a week. Not really excited about it, but I'll listen to what she has to say.

Jaz.....this job is not at the Fitness center(gym)that I go to, but rather the Recreation authority where DH works part-time. They have lost some employees the past couple months and that puts them in a bind. It is just a small office and I can't imagine that the work will be taxing at all....we'll see. I'm not looking for any stress, that's for sure.

You asked about my sister's family. She has 1 daughter and 1 granddaughter. She will spend the day with them on Christmas and then the day after her daughter is taking her to a fancy spa for the day. She's coming to our house Friday morning and will stay till Monday. I thought she might stay longer, but as usual, her daughter needs her to dog sit.

So scary about your crock pot! I assume there are smoke alarms in your apt that would have gone off had it gotten too bad?

Nic....happy family time!

Trig...like you, I have a few things to straighten up around here before my sister arrives on Friday. I have her bedroom ready, just want to freshen the bathroom etc.

Blue...hope you have a lovely Christmas week.
--------
Yesterday we got most of the last minute stuff done....stockings, gift cards etc. I do need 1 more thing for DIL...heading to the kitchen store uptown to have a look later today.

DH just said I'd better wait till this afternoon to run outside.....it's cold! Supposed to be near 50 this afternoon.....maybe I will wait! The danger in waiting is that I have more time to talk myself out of doing it at all.

Scale was up a pound this morning, so doing a DD today. I'll have a lite fat coffee later and then maybe a couple eggs this afternoon.

Tomorrow afternoon we'll go to our daughter's. She's making dinner and then we'll stay overnight. Hope I can sleep, but I don't count on it.

Have good days everyone!
  #3026   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-19, 10:20

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- total bummer about your crockpot! That stinks. Are you going to get another one or just wait until you are back with your instant pot?

Yep I heard about that pileup. Bizarre. Amazing how few injuries there were and no fatalities.

I am freaking out about all the fires in Australia. That is just insane and really scary.

Trig- Have a great time with your Mom over the next couple of days!

What do you do for your Christmas Eve meal? You might have said, but if you did I don't remember.

Lori, I am so sorry about your friend. It would weigh so heavily on me too.

Good luck with the interview. I think a ten hour a week job would be perfect!

It is ridiculous, what your sister's daughter expects her to be there and do. Then again, the onus is on your sister to set boundaries and it sounds like she struggles with that.

••••••••••

Hello all, Happy Monday AND

THE DAY BEFORE THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS!

Not a lot going on today. I am headed out to Costco to get the shrimp and tenderloin. We already have the crabmeat. Then to the store to get the final odds and ends and the forgotten items. And I need to drop a couple of things off at the UPS store and stop at the library. Otherwise we are good to go food wise for xmas Eve, xmas morning and xmas dinner!

I'm tasking the boys with taking the dogs to the dog wash and shampooing them both up. They STINK. Particularly Bella. I have no idea what they are getting into outside but it is really gross. I should go out with them and see where they are headed to, to see if I can find it.

DS21 and DD24 are going to go visit the ILs as well. DS21 hasn't seen the new house, nor has he seen in the ILs since August. As you know, a lot has changed!

Not much else to report, other than that. All is calm, all is bright!
  #3027   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-19, 15:20

BF:

Well, it looks like I'm employed again. I may be getting into a mess, but I can walk out if I want. It is nothing that I can't handle...accts payable, payroll, etc etc. Once things are organized and straightened out, I should be able to spend even less than 10 hours a week. The director is very nice and seems like she will be good to work with. Right now she is trying to juggle all the balls and just needs help. We are on the same page as far as record keeping and maintaining an audit trail etc. It is not a huge organization, so not massive amounts of data entry.

I told her what I wanted an hour and now she said she has to do some math and will get back to me. I know she is working with a budget too. Possibly I'll only be able to work 6 or 8 hours a week. Whatever, it'll be something to stimulate my brain!

I never got my run in because I was in the meeting so long. Sigh....oh well...may just have to restart after Christmas. The gym is open until Noon tomorrow, so may pop over then. We'll leave for DD's around 2.

Nic....you are so right about my sister needing to set boundaries with her daughter. I understand that a dog is like a member of the family, but they expect my sister to sit at their house all day every day so the dog isn't alone at all. What?? I just have to bite my tongue. My sister admits that she lets them take advantage of her.....she just has trouble saying no.

Ate a bit more than I typically do on a DD, but under 800 calories. I'll try to have another DD later this week.

Have a good evening.
  #3028   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-19, 18:38

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Lori---This job sounds perfect for the dull winter months. Seems like maybe you can do it on your schedule as well, which is really sweet. What is your daughter maligning (hahahah, OK, back here to edit. Had to leave the auto correct version up. I wanted to say "making" of course. How we got to maligning I'll never know---HATE auto correct.) for Xmas Eve dinner. I think an overnight on Xmas Eve sounds kind of fun. Put your jammies on early and sit around the tree together!

Nic---So happy for you to have your son home from across the pond. Geez, that sure went fast! Seems you were just taking him to the airport, turn around and he's right back here. And for Xmas. Perfect.

You are doing so well on the woe. Meh, a little taste of some bad Mexican food isn't going to matter a whit. And boyo, I'm w/you, if it's off plan and tastes bad, Stan, I'm done w/it.

Jaz ---You're already counting the weeks down till you leave? I'm hoping that's not because you're bummed or lonely there. Sounds like such a sweet place, and from the pix, such a beautiful one.

Oye! on the crockpot debacle. I actually have read of a few fires started by crock pots so I too am glad you were home to make sure it was just a little mess instead of a big mess.

I assume you are working tomorrow and Wed? Yeah, not real sparkly, but OTOH, no family drama, and my nurse pal says there's always something special about working Xmas, even if it wouldn't be your first choice. She says she had many warm memories of how her patients would perk up, the staff was jolly and her wallet was overjoyed, LOL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So last night was the last party for me w/some of my fave girls here in the building. We went out to a cozy little supper club in the neighborhood and a heck of a good time. Around mid January I'll be missing all this fun and frivolity, but right now I'm so happy to see Xmas finally comin' around the mountain, and then leaving the station for another year.

Although I always enjoy the actual holidays. BIL AND SIL coming for Xmas Even dinner. It will be nice, but I always miss my family on Xmas Eve as that was always our truly sparkly, magic time growing up. Xmas day brunch w/my family. Then hubby and I will come home and watch Hulu's "Xmas Carol" which looks amazing!

Bit worried about my son. He is very sick w/some viral lung thing. Sounds just awful and wish I could be there w/him to baby him thru it.

He has been working non stop at both his job and school. 7 days a week. Finally finished his exams and promptly got sick, which I told him was unfortunately common. You hold off to finish everything you have to, and once it's done the body takes its revenge. He got some drugs today, so I'm hoping he's feeling better w/in a day or two.

Yeah, so Xmas will be fine, but w/out son here, feel more distant from it than usual.

Oh, and Hubby KO'd my lap top yesterday. He was vacuuming and sucked up the fringes of the blanket my laptop was sitting on open, on top of the ottoman to my chair, as I had just been there working on it. Threw the lap top and a hand mirror that was sitting next to it into the coffee table handle and put two small divots in the screen which has now destroyed a third of the screen, so I'm squeezed here over to the left to write this and be able to see it.

Many swear words were heard through-out the land. Laptop is barely two years old. Can't remember if I bought insurance for it, probably not as it's so freaking expensive w/a Mac. So after Xmas we will go out and get a new one, a thousand dollar accident.

Lucky for hubby I was on my way out when I discovered my computer was mortally wounded. Luckily I was just a 3 minute ride away from a chilled martini straight up. That helped a great deal, actually. Now I'm just trying to say to myself it is what it is what it is what it is and etc. Just gotta dole out the bucks and not look back.

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Dec-23-19 at 18:45.
  #3029   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-19, 20:37

BF:

OMG BLUE- DEEP and DARK sorrow for the death of a young and gone so soon lap top!!!!!! I would put LOL in here but dear god I feel your pain!!!!! THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!
Hope you get a good sale or something!

Gosh and then your DS sick- - wham bam. Sorry you are incomplete with the holidays- again I FEEL your pain!!!!!
Love ya sister!!!

Lori- wow- you job sounds awesome with just enough hours to get you out and about. It also is what you can do in your sleep...good all way around.

I think I did remember you talking about your sisters daughter about the time she had her surgery and there was some drama there...... glad you are having some sister time!!!!!!!

Nic-
I know you are happy and busy!!!!!!!

Trig- close your eyes- My post gonna suck- dam it to high heaven!
I don't know how you are so strong at times
-----------------------------------------------------------
My day went to HELL in a hand basket and I hand a real full on bender.
Started with the smoke wake up call at 445. and didn't stop.
So to make this short and sweet I will just do a time line

445- crock pot went to hell and burn down with huge mess to clean and mean gone to a crisp

730- car frozen over running LATE to work- no ice scarped- used badge and drove to work late with square to see out off

801- clocked in- ok cause I speed

900- get info that the girl I was there to replace has come back early- via the staff- they are now asking why I anther as there are now no open positions and nobody no wants to take time to train me because they are all busy and I heard from grape vine that I might be gone by end of week. Management on VACAY- no-one to ask.
staff talks as if Im not there- no training- I read magazine foe 8 hours.

11:00 - Text from agency they can't find my timesheet- my pay might be late- DEAR OMFG-are you serous= I am running short on $$$
relax time sheet-

12:00 they still can't find it- my contact took off for holiday- I am speaking to someone I don't know

230- cll they finally found my triple faxed time card- yea I MIGHT get paid.

300- alert power out to GA house - alarm going off
305 call to alarm company- they turn off alarm will text me the power back on-

400- got call from my mom. she has decided I am to stupid to drive home in March so she called my aunt to ask her to baby sit her dog so she can come and help drive me home. DID NOT ASK- intention sweet- but still- can you clear crap with and ASK first!!!!!! [
Patience gone

430- the lady who told me that the gal out had come back stated to have Merry Christmas-just in caseI was gone before she got back.

Back at Condo- making pasta I put my face into and ate didn't come up for air!!!!!!!!!

To make matter matters worse. I returned the pants I bought 5 pair to Walmart to exchange for smaller size as I just KNEW they would fit because th the size I was in I could drop without unzipping. So I just exchanged then for the size down. I count get a singe pair on this morning- now I have no pants.

Called my Ohio guy who told to go to director tomorrow and get scoop . He said to not leave with out answer becuse I need to pay if I am staying though Jan. But if not to not pay. Just pay by the day and give up deposit leave.
I am so afraid I am going to just get run around- they have had huge turn over in mamangememnt there and nobody knows what is going on. meanwhile staff know does not have time for me as I am dead man walking. and they are busy. I get it- hard place to be.

Ok - done chatting.
I always come with my day in review- today bites the big one-

AM miserable - tummy ache-

sorry to always whine. You girls are so lucky you are not burdened to supporting yourself. I am not feeling sorry for self- just being honest. I am single, and no reserves, and I have to take care of me.
You are don't have same concern or in same place- . No offense. please don't take it that way- but unless you are in my shoes its hard to relate.

It ok- I always do the scrappy and make it- no matter what
not looking for anything other then venting-

Love ya thanks or the ear.
  #3030   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 05:13

BF:

Good Christmas Eve
Even I laughed at that sucking post from yesterday! It was really a terse post! I got it out of my system. Did sleep though because pasta made me feel sick, and of course when would a bender be without the bloat! LOVE IT!

So, after a toss and turn night I have decided to buckle up and not say a frekin word I know anything to anybody. I am going to milk this gig for all I can get.

They MIGHT just honor the contract and let me float as a helper. But let me tell you I am going to say thing to the charge nurse about training. If they allow me to stay I need enough training on their system to function enough to get by. I am thinking that they did indeed over hire me. I think it the hiring manager didn't't realize that the gal on FMLA was coming back so soon. So the mistake is on their part. I do think though they will honor it.
They staff however is not real happy about it. They see me as one more thing on their plate to "do"- babysit! I get it. I apologized to the stressed out gal yesterday who didn't have time to let me "play" on her computer. She said I'm sorry I have to get stuff done. Fine I picked up a book.

I do think though- I am staying- we'll see, it was there mistake. I just sorta freaked out after being let go from UHC. I do think though they will do the right thing. They aren't UHC. Meanwhile I have 12 weeks of pay to decide what comes next. I just didn't like to hear though the "grapevine"- I wasn't needed. It was rude to tell me that.

Oh well I am going to act as if it wasn't said and let them deal with it. I am going to show up everyday with a smile on my face!

So- that was yesterday. Ever have those days? -
Today is a new day. I am back on plan- Christmas or not. I feel crappy from all that pasta. Just goes to show ya that our bodies were made for quality not junk food.

So I have a strip steak I am marinating for after work. I am doing several Zero carb days. I am not craving veggies right now- so I just don't need them.
I am going to fast a bit to get this bloat off- and pump the water! I made my favorite tea- so that will be helpful as well!!!

Weather is a balmy 50 and partly sunny. - I am did that over scraping frost off my car like yesterday! -

I am good- I regrouped with myself!!!!! LOLOLOLOL - sorry for the Debbie downer post right before Christmas. I know you all are celebrating and happy- AS YOU SHOULD BE!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
NIC/ TRIG/ LORI/ BLUE- HAVE A AWESOME DAY!!!!!!!- Enjoy every bit of your memories and make today and tomorrow wonderful.
Truly we are a blessed group!

We are healthy, have wonderful families, and each other, and for the most part- we have everything we NEED!!!! - We are BLESSED!!!!
Closed Thread