Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-10, 06:30

Plan: LC, HF, PP
Stats: 214/188.2/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Flax Meal Bread

Made this last night, not expecting much. Boy was I surprised! .7 grams of carbs per slice (of 12), 8.4 for the ENTIRE batch. Don't eat a whole batch, they are packed with fiber lol.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/br...laxbasicfoc.htm
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-22-10, 20:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/139/135 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I made these and they are delicious. I substituted the 1/2 cup water with 1/4 cup of Davinci cinnamon syrup and 1/4 cup of water. Then I took out the sweetner. Yummo. I baked them in paper cupcake liners. They really are delicious. Highly recommend these. The texture reminds me of banana loaf.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-23-10, 11:17

Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

made this yesterday.. really enjoyed, well that was when I packed on the butter to my toasted piece . I guess I need to get used to the taste of flax lol but all in all texture was great, bread was moist... was nice to have 'bread' again! would recommend others to try recipe
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-14, 09:43
Registered Member

Stats: 193.3/179.8/130 Female 4ft 10inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default focaccia- style flax bread from About.com

2 cups flax meal ( I used golden), 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1teaspoon salt,1-2 tablespoon sweetener( I used 2 sucralose) ,5 beaten eggs, 1/2 cup water, 1/3 cup oil. Preheat oven to 350 use pan 10x15 with oiled parchment paper. 1.mix dry ingredients 2. Add wet ingredients &combine well 3. Let batter sit 2-3 minutes to thicken4. Pour into pan and spread evenly 5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until it springs back when. You touch the top and slightly browning. ( I baked mine about 25 minutes just keep checking) 6
Cool and cut. For 12 servings - 185 calories - 6 grams. Of protein. -5 grams of fiber - .7 net carbs . I found this recipe from About.com low carb diets .
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-14, 11:51

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

i have made that recipe many times and love it! i usually skip the oil, to lower calories a bit. i cut into quarters, and then slice each quarter into 2 slices. makes a perfect sandwich!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-14, 14:54

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25

Recipe is here:

Flax Focaccia Bread
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-14, 18:08
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thanks, ImOnMyWay.

Note to the OP: please read our Kitchen Forum Rules (in the sticky thread) where it makes clear that we require a link to all recipes from the net.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-14, 19:38

Stats: 180/169.6/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Has anyone tried making this recipe with almond meal instead of flax seed meal?
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-14, 10:41
Registered Member

Stats: 193.3/179.8/130 Female 4ft 10inches
BF:

I don't know how to post a link and my phoneaboi is not really a great phone and my only access right now so searching for posts n such can be diificult and to much of a hassle right now. I'm sure it may have been posted I seen a few with flax ingredients but not like I just made and why I posted that it was not from me and where I found it.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-14, 18:21
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelek32
I don't know how to post a link and my phoneaboi is not really a great phone and my only access right now so searching for posts n such can be diificult and to much of a hassle right now. I'm sure it may have been posted I seen a few with flax ingredients but not like I just made and why I posted that it was not from me and where I found it.

Hi Michele, it does look like a nice recipe. To find whether or not a recipe has been posted before (that one has not ), all you need do is check in the "Contents" sticky thread. And please, do not post any more recipes without links, or they will be removed, as per our rules.

In future, how about learning how to post a link before you post another recipe that is not yours?