Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#121   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-07, 16:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 328/295/200 Male 69 inches
BF:42%
Progress: 26%

Hi Everyone:
I am one of the first males to figure out that Kimkins was suicide and leave the cult.

As an old bodybuilder who knows a lot about nutrition it didn't take me long to figure out that it was dangerous. I warned the other men and they shunned me when I told them that the levels of everything they were taking in were dangeroulsly low so I left.

Sadly enough it will take a few deaths before this woman is stopped but if there is anything I can do just tell me.

I have been to a few sites like Fox, CNN, etc and tried to send them emails telling them that she needs to be investigated but it doesn't help.

I honestly think that if you have a pass to the place it might be best for some of us to go back in and PM people that we see in distress and try to get them to leave. Then if they kick us out we might be able to sue??
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-07, 16:25
Registered Member

Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I have tested the effect of very low carb intake before and I'm testing it again now. Since this morning, I have eaten nothing but lean meat. I ate 250 calories at breakfast and forced myself to eat another 250 calories before I went to the gym about an hour ago.

At the gym, I have done my usual cardio and heavy muscle building exercises which should at least consume more than the 500 calories I ate for the day. I feel completely normal, just like I feel all the time when I eat normally.

It's 6:22 PM now and I have no appetite for more food. I intend to maintain this test for tomorrow also.
  #123   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-07, 16:51
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike..
Hi Everyone:
I am one of the first males to figure out that Kimkins was suicide and leave the cult.

As an old bodybuilder who knows a lot about nutrition it didn't take me long to figure out that it was dangerous. I warned the other men and they shunned me when I told them that the levels of everything they were taking in were dangeroulsly low so I left.

Sadly enough it will take a few deaths before this woman is stopped but if there is anything I can do just tell me.

I have been to a few sites like Fox, CNN, etc and tried to send them emails telling them that she needs to be investigated but it doesn't help.

I honestly think that if you have a pass to the place it might be best for some of us to go back in and PM people that we see in distress and try to get them to leave. Then if they kick us out we might be able to sue??

Hey Mike! Welcome!

Did Kimmer/Kimkins already suspend your account privleges? If not, just be aware that the site routinely bans people who speak out, post outside the kimkins forums (postive and negative and neutral, just elsewhere) and if you still have access, make sure they can't figure out who you are here (if possible!)

Welcome again - this is a great site - lots of knowledgable folks who will do all they can to help you ramp up and do low-carb properly!
  #124   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-07, 17:27

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Good on you Mike.
I actually did join afew mths back and I was alittle nervous all along re the low cals and the longterm effect on one's good health!!I have no wish to go back on the program and especially now seeing I cannot no longer even access their site and I have not ever said anything about her program until right now!
  #125   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-07, 17:47
~writes for Him~

Stats: 120/120/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy1
Good on you Mike.
I actually did join afew mths back and I was alittle nervous all along re the low cals and the longterm effect on one's good health!!I have no wish to go back on the program and especially now seeing I cannot no longer even access their site and I have not ever said anything about her program until right now!

They did site maintenance a while back and no one could log on without getting new passwords--that's probably what happened to your access.
  #126   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-07, 18:48

Plan: it varies
Stats: 245/134/140 Female 5'3.5"
BF:
Progress: 106%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaW
Rumor has it she's been whining that the site is going to need to impose a monthly charge.....

prolly 'cause her numbers are dwindling.
  #127   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-07, 18:53

BF:

Quote:
Good on you Mike.

hey, you look familiar!
  #128   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-07, 19:13

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel
I have tested the effect of very low carb intake before and I'm testing it again now. Since this morning, I have eaten nothing but lean meat. I ate 250 calories at breakfast and forced myself to eat another 250 calories before I went to the gym about an hour ago.

At the gym, I have done my usual cardio and heavy muscle building exercises which should at least consume more than the 500 calories I ate for the day. I feel completely normal, just like I feel all the time when I eat normally.

It's 6:22 PM now and I have no appetite for more food. I intend to maintain this test for tomorrow also.

A couple of days aren't enough to show anything. Try that regimen for a couple of weeks and let us know how your workouts are progressing.
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-07, 19:51

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie 71
hey, you look familiar!

Yeah I seen you about here lots too

ROBIN B Thanks for that but I won't be going back there anyway!

Last edited by Dreamy1 : Wed, Aug-01-07 at 19:59.
  #130   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-07, 21:38
Registered Member

Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
A couple of days aren't enough to show anything. Try that regimen for a couple of weeks and let us know how your workouts are progressing.

No. Not me. I like eating carbs and cannot stay without them for long! However, I know that if I reduce my net carbs to 7 per day, I can stay easily 2 weeks or more without any bad feeling. My calorie intake would be around 1000 a day naturally without intended reduction and my ability to lift weights would only be reduced slightly.

In the past, when I have been doing high carb, low calorie dieting, reducing my calorie intake to 1000 used to mean hunger and dizziness. My face used to look pale enough to make people think I'm sick and exercising has been impossible.

Dr. Atkins has also mentioned that there is a metabolic advantage in low carb dieting. This meant to him that if 2 persons ate 1000 calories a day for a period of time, one of them ate high carb food and the other ate low carb food during that period, the one who ate low carb food will lose more weight. The important point which I like to make here is that losing more weight means getting more energy from the body fat to perform body functions with which in turn means less risk to the person's health.

When a person eats 1000 calorie a day, he is not disallowing his body from getting all the energy it needs since his body has a mountain of body fat which it can tab into and get all the missing calories. The problem is that for some reason, his body fails to get all the amount it needs from its fat. It only gets a fraction of it leaving him with less energy. Under low carb dieting the amount of energy obtained from body fat is higher, so energy available to perform body functions with is also higher and this means that health risk is less.

Let us now get into the main subject. I know everybody here is mad at the Kimkins diet. They say that Kimkins dieters are told to eat as low as 300 calories a day and exercise on the top of that which is obviously awful. However all I wanted to say is that it's not as deadly as it could have been if they have not been asked to eat very low carb.
  #131   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 08:21
~writes for Him~

BF:

Quote:
Yeah I seen you about here lots too

ROBIN B Thanks for that but I won't be going back there anyway!

I figured that, but just had to say you may not have been banned. Yet.
  #132   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 08:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinB
I figured that, but just had to say you may not have been banned. Yet.

robin...i'm surprised you're still under the radar.
  #133   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 10:25
~writes for Him~

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie 71

robin...i'm surprised you're still under the radar.

I fly low.
  #134   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 10:34
~writes for Him~

BF:

During a quick scan today at a thread called "Painful Revelations," I see that we (and other boards) are being compared unfavorably to *terrorists* and said to be so idle we are the "devil's workshop."

The concensus remains that the diet is working for them so they just don't care if Kimmer is a real person or not.
  #135   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 10:56
Low-Carb Dharma

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 446.5/434.6/150 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Mmmhmmm.

"We are right! They are wrong! They are weak! We are strong!" Are they chanting this yet or what? lol

Apparently Kimmer's disdain for negativity only applies in relation to herself?
Closed Thread