Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 09:35
Kerry

Plan: WW/Atkins
Stats: 368/266.5/199 Female 5'1
BF:M.O./O/chunky
Progress: 60%

Your three pounds down eating steak and eggs, in 10 days....my advice is, be happy with this, its an awesome accomplishment and a tasty way to lose weight
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-07, 10:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/155.5/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I'm a second time Atkins person as well but my results are reversed; it took me 6 weeks to lose 9 pounds before but this time the weight is coming off more quickly. I have been a lot more careful about what I'm eating and in what combinations to make sure I am doing this right. Just take a quick check of what you're eating. Check your labels for hidden sugars as well. It may be something you're eating and didn't know it's stalling you. My husband didn't know Aspartame stalls him but I can consume it and still lose. You're doing well, you are shrinking. Try not to get discouraged.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-07, 10:54

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:
Progress: 30%

I am still stuck at 3 pounds after two weeks, but I am going to take many of these suggestions and check for nitrates. I'm not really eating any prepared foods, although yesterday I ordered a yummy chicken, spinach and feta salad and forgot to ask for the dressing on the side. It was definitely very sweet, so I'm sure I way overloaded yesterday. Back at it today. Thanks for the words of encouragement!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-07, 12:51

Plan: Atkins M&E
Stats: 281/253/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Yeah you are likely having hidden carbs...Have you tried using Fitday.com or the MyPlan in this site?? Fitday helped me alot! Also, don't forget to count carbs in your gum, pop, sauces, condiments, etc....I found I was having quite a bit over 20 carbs and started losing better when I tracked 'everything' in the fitday thing. I wouldn't cut down portions but would cut out more carb items first thing...don't forget to get your healthy fats in too! Also, watch your portions of veggies as that was another thing hanging me up at first...(I was having way too many for induction)....Hope this helps!

Last edited by AKSonya : Mon, Oct-29-07 at 14:20.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-07, 08:07

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:
Progress: 30%

thanks, i was UP a pound today, so i'm essentially starting over on induction. we can't find out atkins book, so i'm off today to get a new one and remind myself of the strictness of induction. i will also try the fitday. thanks to all.