Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 14:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking favorite "sweet" recipes

I made this so people can post their favorite recipes that you like when you want something sweet. Maybe some of the recipes can help us to fight the urge for real sugar. for instance when i went to my moms job they had donuts so to fight the urge i left and tried to make the pumpkin puree thing. but i made it my own way and it was a nice treat to get rid of my sweet tooth. so post some of your favorite "sweet treats"!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 15:09
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Ok the one I like the most is sweet pancakes - they're not instant as you have to cook them, but for a snack to take away the urges of sweetness (LOL) I cook them up and they are reaally authentic!

3 eggs
3oz softened cream cheese.
Splender to taste and lemon if you want it
Butter to cook it in

Simply soften the cream cheese - I ususally put it into the microwave for about 20 secs, and then whisk in the eggs. The mixture can come out a little lumpy, but it's fine like that.
Turn the pan on and heat up so the butter melts and sizzles but doesn't burn.
Add in spoonfulls of the mixture so they form little pancakes - ususally I get 8 small ones from a batch cooked in a large pan half the mixture to make 4 at a time.
Cook them till they set on one side and flip - like you would pancakes. They come out tasting JUST like the real thing, but they are a little more fragile than normal ones.

You can obviously make savory ones with cheese or anything you like really.

Yummm they are good!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 15:25

BF:

yeah i make a mock danish kinda like that. i melt 2 oz of cream cheese for 30 seconds in the microwave. then i add 1 egg, a dash or 2 of cinnamon, a splash of vanilla, and a packet of sugar substitute and mix it with a fork and then put it in the microwave for 1 and a half minutes. when done i add butter to the top and another dash of cinnamon. it reminds me of eating french toast.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 16:35

Plan: Atkins - Modified
Stats: 330/330/280 Female 5'6
BF:

My list of fav sweets is alittle long to post all the recipes, so if you're interested check my journal as I usually post them or write me a post about it. =)

Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
Cheesecake
Milkshakes
Pancakes
Cinnamin toasted pecans
...well that's all i can think of right now LoL

My next experiments shall be cookies...weeeeee!!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 17:27

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

I have to agree with Astrocreeps Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse. I've tried it and it is delicious with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.

Patty
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 17:45
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Don't forget the Sweet Treats forum.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-05, 09:29

BF:

if i go through one more page of your journals i think my eyes will fall out astro lol. i was trying to find the recipe for the pumpkin cheesecake mousse...but no luck....
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 05:57

BF:

Ok.......i copied and pasted the recipe she gave me from the thread where I had asked her. The thread is titled: Astrocreep......Recipe for Pumpkin Puree.

Sure! But needless to say I never measure anything so these are rough measurements, tweak it to your specific tastes =)

2oz soft cream cheese
2-4 heaping tbsp pumpkin puree
2-4 tbsp heavy cream (should be soft and frothy by the time you're done whipping)
1-2 pkts splenda (to taste)
1/2 tsp cinnamin
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of cloves
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Just whip it all by hand or pop it in a counter top mixer with the balloon whisk (I tried it with the paddle and it just didn't whip up).

I don't care for the taste of cloves so I had just added pumpkin spice instead and it came out delicious. I love it with some whipped cream and a spinkle of cinnamon on mine. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

Patty
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 08:21

BF:

thanks...i made it yesterday...it was ok....kinda nasty but then again im not a big pumpkin fan. I think it had something to do with the cream cheese. my mom bought this stuff called Neuf.....( i dont know how to spell it) but its like 1/3 the fat of cream cheese. it had the same amount of carbs though. it tasted a lil diffrent than cream cheese.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 08:42

BF:

I guess if you are not a pumpkin fan you probably wouldn't be a fan of this.......lol. I could still taste the cream cheese when I made it also so I think i am either going to cut back on the cream cheese or just add more pumpkin. I love pumpkin pie so I guess that's why i'm a big fan of this. With the whipped cream and cinnamon.........mmmmmmmm.....mmmmmmm.......mmmmmmmmm....I find it delicious......lol
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 08:57
Registered Member

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 142/130/130 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I recently found a Carbsense Minicarb Carrot Cake mix that is really good and has helped tremendously with my sweet tooth! I don't even put icing on it, just a little butter, I've been having it for breakfast. I even bought a box of 15 low carb candy bars at SAMS the other day and put them in the freezer for emergencies and I'm proud to say that I haven't eaten any since finding the carrot cake......and it's that TOM!!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 16:57

Plan: Atkins - Modified
Stats: 330/330/280 Female 5'6
BF:

2cute it's called neufchatel. To me it tastes the exact same as cream cheese though. But yeah you prob need to be a pumpkin fan to like my pumpkin cheesecake mousse. I was having mad cravings for pumpkin pie a couple of months back so this was perfect for me (kept me from dipping into the pumpkin butter at work, LoL).

But you know you could take the same base idea of a mousse and flavor it absolutely anyway you want. You could also just omit the spices & pumpkin and have a plain cheesecake mousse. Or you could add some SF chocolate syrup and chopped walnuts (another of my favs). Tell me some of your fav high carb desserts and I'll come up with some recipes for you =)