Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 11:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy eating out of anger

Ok yesterday was the end of my two week induction and i had only lost 1 pound yesterday compared to the 8 pounds i lost last week. so I ended up eating a 3inch sub sandwhich on wheat bread and 2 bowls of banana nut cereal. i know i can continue the diet but i was wondering if me eating out of anger set me back or no.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 11:45

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:

Who are you angry with? Better question - who did you hurt? Stay with it - you lost a lot the first week and your body may need a little breather before it lets go of more.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 14:02
library diva

Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

2 cute- everyone is different on their losses. 9 lb in 2 weeks is great! I lost 1/2 that on my induction. Why are you angry with a 9 lb loss?

Also, remember that your body needs time to adjust, and many people slow down after the initial "rush" of lost weight.

keep at it and you will reach your goals!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 14:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/187/150 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 65%

It would be nice to lose 8 pounds a week for a while, but I don't think I've met anyone who has! You are off to a great start, so get back on your eating plan and don't be angry.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 15:22

Plan: BFL
Stats: 324/193.5/195 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 101%

Where you set back, yes. Can you get back into and continue to lose, yes.

Also I would be willing to bet that the 1lb you lost in week 2 was worth more than the 8lbs you lost in week1. Most of the weight from week one was water. The 1lb in week 2 was fat.

Keep a picture of yourself in your pocket. Make sure it is full body and you are wearing something tight and look at it when you are angry and about to do something that you will regret.

Tom
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 15:58

Stats: 165+/144/145 Female 5"9
BF:
Progress:

I think many of us are trying to change the way we talk to ourselves and how we relate to food. Something I've learned from reading this forum is to change the way I think about a pound - think of a pound of chicken, or a pound of butter! You are moving forward - toward a new way of eating. I have found it hard too - but I try to take it a day at a time. I do feel more in control and less tired. Have you had those benefits yet - in addition to the weight loss? And, hey, you didn't gain, right? Instead of thinking of this as just weight loss, I'm thinking of it as a healthier way of eating. You know, trying to eat for eating sake, and not for other reasons (boredom, emotion, etc.). Good luck - we're all in it together - and struggling with the same things you are - you will continue to be successful, I'm sure of it. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted :-)
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 18:34

Plan: Atkins - Modified
Stats: 330/330/280 Female 5'6
BF:

I eat out of boredom, don't feel so bad. Just make sure you have tons of things that are LC friendly when you do eat out of anger. My new thing is hot dogs. They're cheap and, if you shop around, some can be low carb. It's much better to eat 2-3 hot dogs (no bun of course lol) out of anger/boredom then to run to the box of cereal =)
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 17:41

BF:

thank you guys so much for the advice. i have that fat picture but bad thing is it was on the refridge instead of the cereal cabinet (haha)...but ive learned now because i felt horrible after i ate the cereal and felt no satisfaction. i have realized i have to control my food not let it control me thanks to all of you...and now im back on track hoping to continue losing sucessfully
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 22:18

Stats: 135/127/123 Female 5'5-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hey 2cute,

Many of us can relate to indulging . . . for whatever the reason . . . and not enjoying it. For me, there has been nothing more ironic than losing a few pounds and sabotaging that loss with a "reward". I don't know about you, but the only "reward" I ever got was another pound or two. (By the way, I really need to update my stats.)

I my case, I am trying to learn to not think in terms of rewarding myself with food. I've realized that this thinking was from my devotion to the "fat-free/sugar laden'' decade. Instead, I'm tryiing to substitute with other things such as massage, manicure, shopping for a top, things like that.

By the way, interesting that astrocreep has also discovered the joy of hotdogs for snacks. They are terrific because they satisfy the need to munch PLUS are filling PLUS--- if you find the right brand--- are SO compatible with this way of eating. I like the Hebrew National lites/fat free, which I dip in mayo/mustard. Whatever works, right?

GREAT JOB, by the way, ON YOUR LOSS so far. Keep up the good work.

whammy
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 00:02

BF:

Thanks whammy =) Alot of people on here shun off hot dogs because they're not "real". But, lets be REAL here for a min. Not everybody can afford expensive low carb snacks.

I use the jennie-o brand because they taste just like louie rich (my fav), are 1g carb (3-4g in LR), and are VERY cheap (79 cents a pack). I like to nuke 1-2 for about a min and then dip them in LC ketchup (not much of a mustard girl =) )
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 14:07

Stats: 135/127/123 Female 5'5-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi astrocreep,

I didn't know that Jennie-o's hotdogs only had 1gr of carbs. I'll have to check the market to see if they carry them. I've just never noticed them but you know how it is when you get stuck on certain brands, the other ones just don't catch your attention?

Oh, by the way, the reason I use the mustard--- besides loving the taste!--- is because I try make the taste of mayo with hotdogs more tolerable. I know it sounds a little irrational but I try to compensate for eating the "lite" hotdogs by adding a little fat. The reason behind this madness is that I can eat more hotdogs that way. In other words, it's a way to be able to munch more when I'm eating out of boredom and still be low-carb.

Yes, a lot of people shy away from the hotdogs but they've been a real godsend for me, too!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 14:19

BF:

Yeah def look out for them! They are quite good, alittle small though so even 3 would be a good snack.

I understand completely about the mayo & mustard. When there's leftover steak (those rare times LoL) I often slice it very thin and dip it in a spicey mustard/mayo dip. It's very tastey.

Hot dogs have been very helpful to me too! Mostly cause our budget is very tight and it's very difficult for it to allow gourmet and/or other speciality LC snacks. 79 cents means I can afford to buy even 4 pkgs of hot dogs a month! So they're just perfect for me =)
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 20:32
Registered Member

Plan: adkins
Stats: 149.5/130/120 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

Hi 2 cute, I almost did the same thing today - I have a picture of my jeans that I want to wear again hanging everywhere lol jst in case the idea crosses my mind. I have four kids so temptation is all around, and I also tend to do some emotional eating on occasion, but today only snacked on cucumbers and eggs lol. Good luck and keep the good work, your an inspiration to have lost 9 pounds, I'm still holding at 6 but not givingup yet.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-05, 21:46

BF:

6 pounds is good kris..considering your weight is not high...a good tip i learned is keeping your kids snacks in a seperate cabinet or drawer. and put a picture of those jeans on it. i like to think of gross stuff that might have happened to the candy to make me not want it. it works when i want it to lol