Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-07, 21:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/143/155 Female 5'10''
BF:38%/21.4%/24.9%
Progress: 117%

Okay, I invested in some Kerry Irish Gold Butter.

I could eat the whole block by just scraping away at it! I was never a butter snacker until this thread. I've also tried Beaver Meadow and Cabot when Irish Gold isn't available.

For dessert, I mixed 1.5 tablespoons of softened butter with 2 packets of splenda, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Tasted like spice cake buttercream icing!

I can't believe I'm eating plain butter and enjoying the bejesus out of it. My mother and fiance CRINGE when we're at dinner, but I happily shovel in that creamy, pale yellowy-white goodness.

Bring on the butter!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-07, 07:56

Plan: General LC
Stats: 00/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yep, count me in now.....never thought I would enjoy this, BUT....cold cubes of creamy salted butter are the BOMB!!!
  #108   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-07, 08:06
Registered Member

Stats: 508.7/413.3/199 Female 5'10" (top weight 508???)
BF:223chol; 120/80bp
Progress: 31%

Wait 'til you've tasted Kerry Irish Gold Butter, from cows who graze on grass, or some other world-class butters. Ordinary butter is nothing but a waxy imitation, once you're hooked on Kerry Irish Gold! I've tried a few other deluxe butters, for a treat, but always have a block of Kerry in my butterdish for scraping a curl off to melt in my mouth. Nothing like it!
  #109   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-07, 08:40
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

I have to find that butter! Armory, that sounds great!
  #110   ^
Old Thu, Jan-04-07, 10:30

Stats: 215/161/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I have always heard that Irish butter is the best! I will have to try to find some.

Paula Dean would be so proud of this thread! LOL
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-07, 11:50
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

I have got to try that butter too!!
I've been eating oat fiber (hot) 16 carbs for a cup.
I used splenda in it at first and it was ok.
But put a pat of Butter in it instead of splenda?
YUM!
  #112   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-07, 01:47

Stats: 455/224/200 Male 6-3
BF:
Progress: 91%

I eat butter straight all the time!

After all, when I was a carb-eating monster, the best part of eating bread was the butter!

It's better to eat a couple (few) tabs of butter rather than eat the bread they put on the table - at least for me.

Why the stigma of eating butter? Never done it with peanut butter? Never just eat cheese plain? Milk?

Butter snackers rejoice!
  #113   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-07, 01:55

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

Oh man, I thought I was a weirdo. I guess not. I eat butter, lol. Just pure butter. I will take chunks of it and eat it. It really cuts cravings and it helps so much. I use coconut oil in my coffee too.

If I make meat of any kind I usually have butter on the side, lol. I feel strange and everyone looks at me like I am crazy but damn it is soooo good.
  #114   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-07, 03:09
Registered Member

Welcome to this forum! I see by your stats that you are HALF your start size. Glad to have you aboard. Will you start a journal so we can follow your final few pounds to goal weight? I want to hear how you did it all! Write on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmatrocks
I eat butter straight all the time!

After all, when I was a carb-eating monster, the best part of eating bread was the butter! It's better to eat a couple (few) tabs of butter rather than eat the bread they put on the table - at least for me.

Why the stigma of eating butter? Never done it with peanut butter? Never just eat cheese plain? Milk?

Butter snackers rejoice!
  #115   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-07, 03:21

Stats: 455/224/200 Male 6-3
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer
Welcome to this forum! I see by your stats that you are HALF your start size. Glad to have you aboard. Will you start a journal so we can follow your final few pounds to goal weight? I want to hear how you did it all! Write on!

I'm not sure how to do the journal, but I certainly will look into it!

My final 10-20 pounds should be interesting, in that I have started 2007 (or at least for January) being a low carb vegetarian. Ok, I did sneak in a steak last week in NYC, but....
  #116   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 18:52
Never Give Up!!

Stats: 200/139/140 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

I started reading this post ealier today, before dinner, and I felt a little sick at the thought of eating butter straight up. However, as I was cooking dinner, I was slicing butter into a frying pan, and decided to pop a slice in my mouth. Wow, for those of you disgusted with this concept, don't Knock it till you try it - I am snacking on butter as we speak. Just tiny slivers on your tounge tastes sooooo good. It reminds me of eating saltine cracker with gobs of butter on top when I was a kid. Don't miss the crackers at all anymore! Especially when I used to eat a whole plastic bag of them with half a stick of butter. Now only one tablespoon of butter satisfies. Thank you for starting this thread. - I just hope I don't regret this discovery when I weigh in tomorrow morning.
  #117   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-07, 20:54

Stats: 215/161/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I used to eat saltines with butter on them when I was a kid too!
  #118   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-07, 07:35
Registered Member

Stats: 165/143/120 Female 175 cm
BF:
Progress: 49%

eurrgh no way! the thought of it just grosses me out
  #119   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-07, 15:46
Registered Member

For me, it's great to be able to enjoy the butter by itself without needing a carby thing to slather the butter on - bread, crackers, pasta. Now I can take a curl scraped onto a butter knife and all the enjoyment is mine with no guilt or carby cravings involved.

Just was reading KevinPA's recipe for biscuits and thinking of the WPI that has been too long taking up freezer space, as well as a box of CarbQuik, and I think I shall make up biscuits. Might even do as a friend used to do, melting butter in a pan that she used to cook up the biscuits, after first going flip-flop with the dough to make it buttery on all sides before slipping the pan into the oven to bake up a whole pan of biscuits. Yep, I've been mad for butter as long as I can remember. I still enjoy the memory of a fragrant butter I tasted in Europe, probably fresher than any butter I can buy in a store. It was cool and grassy, I think, and makes even my Irish Gold Butter seem gross by comparison.

But that is butter from memory. Perhaps it was not so amazing as I recall it being, as I added it to a fresh croissant in Paris. All of the food memories grow better with each year of remembering how the air smelled and how the sunlight played. I was younger then. All of that plays a part in tastes I dream about. Yum!
Quote:
Kevin's Biscuits
I made a small batch as a test but it could easily be doubled.
1 cup Carbquik
1/4 cup Resistant Wheat Starch
1/4 cup wheat protein isolate 5000
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoon DiabetiSweet (or granular erythritol/splenda mix)
2 tablespoons softened butter
3/4 cup heavy cream
In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients until the dough forms a ball. Turn onto a flour dusted surface.(I used WPI) Fold the dough in half and knead a half a dozen times adding enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands.
Carefully roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick. Then with a 3 inch flour coated cutter, cut dough into bisquits.
Place on a cooking spray coated baking sheet leaving an inch in between each bisquit.
Bake in a 500 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Made 5 bisquits at 2.5 carbs each.
They were wonderful with butter and sf blackberry jam on them.
Oh, I'm going to skip the sweetener for sure. Not making shortcake biscuits or scones, just buttery biscuits for savory savoring, possibly with herby seasonings baked into the biscuit dough. Or not. I plan to use up that WPI, so I can store more salmon in my freezer. Turns out I'm not so much a baker as a fish-eater. Who knew? Back when I got the WPI, I did not know that I'd ever be a ButterSnacker who did not need to have something to use as an excuse for eating butter.

LC life is so much simpler than anything I've done before!
  #120   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-07, 22:57

Plan: my own
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5 feet 2.5 inches
BF:
Progress:

I don't think I could, but I caught my daughter eating a stick of butter once, when she was about three! LOL