Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 03:02

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer
Julia Child was shown by a French chef how to scramble eggs, gently and softly, with a dab of butter added to finish cooking. Not sizzling butter in which to cook the eggs, but a dab added to the custardy soft scramble on a low flame. Sound yummy? As I recall, the French chef said the butter was added to stop the cooking, to melt its buttery flavor all over softly set eggs.

I've done this. It gives a nice flavour to the scrambled eggs.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 03:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 455/224/200 Male 6-3
BF:
Progress: 91%

Oh yes, I do this all the time.

Butter, for me, is very much about the flavor, not the medium for frying merely...

Around my hous, Butter goes on virtually everything -- nothing better than a butter (or better yet, a compound butter) on a steak or chop, for example!
  #153   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 03:13

BF:

I'm going to have to go to the store in the morning. It seems I have run out of butter...plus they have whole chickens on sale this week.
  #154   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 03:16

BF:

Mmmm.....roasted chicken brushed with butter!!! Delicous pan sauce of chicken drippings, garlic, herbs, cream, finished with butter....Mmmmmm!
  #155   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 03:20

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmatrocks
Mmmm.....roasted chicken brushed with butter!!! Delicous pan sauce of chicken drippings, garlic, herbs, cream, finished with butter....Mmmmmm!

That is what I was thinking. LOL!
  #156   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 06:39
Registered Member

Plan: Neanderthinish
Stats: 171/156/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 33%

Mmmm,
This is where I belong. When I was a kid instead of peanut butter and jelly sandwiched between 2 pieces of bread, I'd have the 2 pieces of bread glopped with butter and peanut butter. I then tried a banana with peanut butter glopped on top and wouldn't eat a banana any other way after that.
Now.... When I started low carb I started adding glops of butter to everything - and lost weight!! My husband didn't realize it was low carb and just thought the diet was "add butter to everything". He jokingly one night took an entire pound of butter and set it in front of me and said that that's my dinner, lol. (It was steak with onions fried in a ton of butter.)

Now here's a truly heavenly snack for you other butter enthusiasts. Take 2 squares of Lindt 85% cocoa chocolate bar. Add as much peanut butter as will fit on top. Add an equal amount of butter on top of that. Mmmmm.

Without the chocolate, you could have just peanut butter and butter on a spoon. Who needs bread?

Love this thread!

Take note of the word "glop". No skimpy, spread thin servings allowed.
  #157   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 09:15

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I confess. I have been known to eat salted butter like a slice of cheese VERY occasionally.
  #158   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 10:24

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 160/145/125 Female 5'7.75"
BF:15.6%
Progress: 43%

Yuck- I just can't do it! Lick the knife, maybe, but eat butter like cheese? To each his own!
  #159   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 12:46
Registered Member

Stats: 508.7/413.3/199 Female 5'10" (top weight 508???)
BF:223chol; 120/80bp
Progress: 31%

Not slabs of butter - as I used to eat cheese even when I began LC and thought that cheese was an okay fat for me to eat lots of. I no longer eat slabs of cheese. I now eat less cheese than butter, enjoying my cheese in fragrant stinky slivers of Asiago that melt in my mouth as I savor it. Big change for me, as I did discover that cheese was too more-ish for me to include daily. Butter is not a daily thing with me anymore. But it's a nice way to add fat and flavor to food. Moderation in all things. Enjoy!
  #160   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 00:22

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 260/255/175 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I come from a ranching background, and I know some of the guys would "coat" their stomachs with a stick of butter so they could drink all nite and not puke. Kinda gross to me--that much anyway!
  #161   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 00:26

BF:

Again, Irish Butter on top of a piece of your favorite cheese - even more decadent than one alone!!!
  #162   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 01:34
Registered Member

Stats: 508.7/413.3/199 Female 5'10" (top weight 508???)
BF:223chol; 120/80bp
Progress: 31%

Oh, fantasizing about a sliver of butter - melting on my tongue.

It's just past midnight and I don't really want to go all the way to the fridge. I'll just remember the buttery deliciosity of it and let that suffice until morning. I can almost taste it now. Yum! Don't need no f'n carbs to melt it on. Let it melt on my tongue!
  #163   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 12:11
neverwhere

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Butter eater here!

Sort of. I wouldnt sit and "coat" my stomach with butter. But as I'm cooking I will eat a pat or two from the stick. As for peanut butter, I eat all natural sugar free brands(obviously). It's thick and sticky and one tbl is enough.

Someone asked a few pages back about mixing butter with evoo. It's delicious!
  #164   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 16:12
Registered Member

Stats: 175/114/112 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Love a few teaspoons of butter now and then! Also, several tablespoons of cream cheese has satisfied on many occasions. I miss the no-sugar-added Peter Pan peanut butter since the peanut butter scare. Anyone know when it's coming back? It's actually probably best to stay away as long as I can, as it calls to me from my cupboard!
  #165   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-07, 17:31

Plan: my own
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5 feet 2.5 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeknslim
Mmmm,
My husband didn't realize it was low carb and just thought the diet was "add butter to everything". He jokingly one night took an entire pound of butter and set it in front of me and said that that's my dinner, lol.