Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-06, 14:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 508.7/413.3/199 Female 5'10" (top weight 508???)
BF:223chol; 120/80bp
Progress: 31%

Gail in WA, welcome to the ButterSnackers thread. I too fell in love with the smell of gasoline - as a kid I wanted to run a gas station, just because I found the smell of gas so inviting as my dad gassed up the car and I hung my head out the window to suck up all the lead I could inhale. Now I try NOT to inhale as I fill up the gas tank, but I do remember thinking gas smells great!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-06, 14:44
Registered Member

Oh, this does sound like a sure way to satisfy the craves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyChat
I would just like to say that a tablespoon of melted butter, and a tablespoon of melted peanut butter swirled together and eaten with a spoon is sooo yummy!
Um, I wonder if I can trust myself with a jar of p'nut butter. Not sure. I think I might want to slather it on a slab of bread and then I'd "need" a big glass of cold milk to wash the sticky stuff down. I can go through a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk like that. Naw, I'm going to wait a bit before buying myself my own jar of p'nut butter. Just me. Some things are "go with milk" things - aghhh! - and I've been able to avoid milk since Easter, which has really made a diff in my effort to find my way to the THREEs, as I am hopeful of someday finding myself in ONEderLand. Someday. Someday. Ahhh!
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-06, 19:48
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 96%

One thing I liked (only did it once) was peanut butter mixed with the new sugar free Hershey's syrup. Kind of like a peanut butter cup.
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-06, 22:46
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

I thought butter-snackers was going to be something new to do with butter. I always put a few extra tbs of butter in the pan when I fry eggs and eat it- I only like melted butter. I found out that was thing that drew me to popcorn. I don't like any nut butters, peanut butter or mayo. This is my only fat snacker.

My friends 2 yo ate 2 cubes of butter out of the fridge in one sitting, yep fat is a cure for constipation. I wonder if he'll grow up to be a butter snacker?
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Nov-02-06, 05:56

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

I haven't been a big butter snacker as an adult, but I have been since this thread started, It's amazing how much better it is when you let it melt in your mouth. My mom says that I used to ask for "butter in my mouth, Mommy" when I was little!

Somebody ought to market those old pats of butter wrapped in paper as a low-carb snack! A bag of butter snacks for only $3.99! Sell them on the LC websites, like Atkins.

And I think I'm going to have almond butter mixed w/ butter for breakfast! When I was a kid, grandma made sandwiches that were white bread, butter, PB and banana slices. I always loved the butter and PB together!
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Nov-02-06, 19:13
Registered Member

BF:

PB and banana is devine! I used to eat that as a kid! I do miss bananas on low-carb. Sometimes I will eat one if I go off my diet. Love the things.
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Nov-02-06, 20:22
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

i use a lot of davinchi bannana syrup,
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Nov-02-06, 20:22
Registered Member

BF:

Hmmm....I should buy that. That's a good idea.
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Nov-02-06, 23:03
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Snacking on butter? Ewww. Butter is only good when melted onto something that chemically reacts to make it yummy (see: roasted on light bread, or baked in resistant starched goodies, or melted and broiled on top of veg, or fried with eggs, etc).

But I do most definitely snack on copious amounts of PB (crunchy is best for spoon snackin').

I have also been known to eat coconut oil, and bits of light cream.

They are calorie monsters and fill you up quick, though. I rather like eating so I'm not the kind of person to eat a TBSP of pb and a TBSP of oil and call it a meal. I'd rather prepare my butter and oil all fancy like with tea and fibery starch mimics.
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Nov-02-06, 23:06
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Question: Why would one eat butter when there are so many more delicious sources of fat out there? Maybe there's special butter with a lot of flavor that I'm just not getting?
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-06, 00:05

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 198.5/183/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 23%

mmmm...butter i admit it, i'm a butter snacker. i use tons of butter and eat it plain if i have mind to. delicious. i also like to tip the salt shaker in my mouth lol.

hey newbirth, i crave bananas too, but those banana smoothies go a long way towards satisfying that craving. you should try it! i bought banana scream protein powder from netrition. that and a wee bit of extract along with cream, soy milk, ice, and benefiber makes a huge delicious smoothie, so big i split it three ways with my mom and my son. we all love it. it's worth a try
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-06, 04:00
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheWooo
Question: Why would one eat butter when there are so many more delicious sources of fat out there? Maybe there's special butter with a lot of flavor that I'm just not getting?
There are definitely BETTER BUTTERS in the wide world of buttery butters. Salted butter is not a first-rate butter flavor, hence the addition of salt to cover absence of taste. I'm currently buying Trader Joe's Irish Butter and prefer the salted to the unsalted, but I've had unsalted butters that brought tears to my eyes - so good and fresh is the taste of sweet butter full of natural buttery flavor. Try some of the variety butters sold in small pkgs of priceless flavor. Awesome!
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-06, 15:05

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 330/258.2/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

Not since I went unsalted. I've heard that salted butter is made from inferior cream, so I don't use it anymore. Unfortunately, the unsalted kind isn't the best for snacking. I suppose I could try it w/ a sprinkle of sea salt on top, huh?
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-06, 16:01

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

I think the label needs to read "Sweet Cream" butter for it to be made with quality cream---i.e. not soured. So if you want salted, just make sure it is Salted Sweet Cream butter.
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-06, 19:16
Registered Member

Some people like a little tang in their butter. I knew a woman who purposely let her butter sit out and get a bit "ripe" to give her "plain cake" (a buttery rich pound cake to die for) the flavor that she was accustomed to - from back when she had butter that had gone a bit "off" from the sweet creamy taste of fresh butter that has been kept refrigerated. She made great cakes.