Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-12, 23:25

Plan: HCG
Stats: 28/22/16 Female 72 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 50%

Hello all;

I just returned from a long grueling road trip for work--didn't have much Internet access so I'm just catching up. I must say traveling on P2 is lame. Trying to keep the hcg cold and packing fussy little bags of food and having to say no to dinner invitations and the like. Just awkward as all heck. But the last day, the last person I had to visit--she let me into her apartment complex and then had to look at me for a moment before letting me in. I hadn't seen her since last summer, and she kept looking at me funny and finally said "forgive me, but you look totally different--you've lost so much weight!" and since I'm starting to get more comfortable with people saying stuff like that, it was kind of great--I was kind of grumbly from all the fussy diet food weighing this and cutting that which is just a pain on a car trip. I cheated and had some chicken skin, which was delicious but made me a little ill a while later.

I'll weigh myself in the morning but my clothes are way looser, so I don't really care.

Oh, and I'm still spotting. It's the never ending TOM!

Glad to see all the stalls breaking.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-12, 04:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/129/114 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

I am down 2.2 lbs as of this morning's weigh in.

That brings my total weight loss since I started the VLCD to 7.8 lbs six days ago.

I am thrilled with my progress so far.

I treated myself to a pedicure yesterday. It felt nice to reward myself.

Last edited by Monique723 : Sun, Apr-01-12 at 04:41.
  #123   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-12, 06:17

Plan: VLC
Stats: 270/201/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 63%

ok So I blew it BAD!! I've been off for 2 days. I was stressed, craving, hungry and everything else on this trip. I also started TOM which was 10 weeks late!! anyway I am right back on as I have a wedding to go to in 2 months. So do I just go like nothing happened or do I have to do a loading day again. I'm so mad at myself!
  #124   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-12, 07:56
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

No, you don't need a loading day (not more than you already had! LOL) Don't beat yourself up, just move forward. Any damage you did will be gone after a day or three.

I've done 42 days (about 34 injections with skip days) so can stop anytime now, but was undecided when to stop. Certainly wanted to get past the current long stall. I've had .8 loss yesterday and today, so I've decided yesterday was my last injection. That means I'm already 24 hours into my 72 hours! Yay! I was hoping to hit 30 lbs, but I made it to 27.8, unless I continue to lose in the 72 hours. I don't know why that's not to be expected, if hCG is still in your system, and you're still eating 500 calories. Can any of you experienced users comment on that?

I have enough hcG for quite a few more rounds, but I don't plan to try another long round. It was too hard towards the end and the losses in the later weeks weren't much better than I was experiencing on LC alone.

And since I'm never going to do phase 4, I've been reading about cycling, and have decided to try that. I'm going to do 3 weeks on (P2) and 3 weeks off (P3) repeatedly until goal or my hCG runs out.
  #125   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-12, 08:13

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

First Week: Sunday, 3/11/12
Load 1: 219.6 (starting weight)
Load 2: 220.8
VLCal1: 220 (last load weight)
VLCal2: 217.6
VLCal3: 216.6
VLCal4: 215.4
VLCal5: 215.4 (Back on strict Simeon protocol; drinking only green/herbal teas and yerba mate, no coffee)

Second Week: Sunday 3/18/12
VLCal6: 214.8 (started drinking a lot more water, at least 1/2 gallon, plus teas)
VLCal7: 213.0
VLCal8: 211.8
VLCal9: 211.4
VLCal10: 209.4
VLCal11: 209.4
VLCal12: 209.4

Third Week: Sunday 3/25/12
VLCal13: 209.4 (Forgot 2pm HCG drops)
VLCal14: 209.4 (Apple Day)
VLCal15: 208.0
VLCal16: 208.4 (Forgot night drops)
VLCal17: 207.4 (Forgot 2pm drops; added 10 g MCT oil to morning coffee)
VLCal18: 206.4 (Forgot 2 doses; 20 g MCT oil)
VLCal17: 205.6 (Stopped HCG; 20 g MCT oil + 20 g butter)

Fourth Week: Sunday 4/1/12
VLCal18: 204.6 today

After reading the several other HCG plans allow some coconut oil, I started adding MCT oil in my morning coffee several days ago as I was running out of serious energy doing my farm chores; adding up to 40 g of saturated fat caused my energy level to zooooom. As for the drops, last week I began forgetting to take doses spaced well apart, then forgetting a dose here and there, until Friday when I remembered only one dose. On Saturday I decided to stop... there wasn't much point to continuing them since I was forgetting 1-2 doses every day.

I'll continue VLCal (without drops and with MCT in the morning) until Thurs, then go LC for 3 weeks per protocol, maintaining the last VLCal weight within 2lbs. Haven't decided whether to do P4 for three weeks yet. I think those 3-6 weeks of maintenance within +/- 2 lbs is important to refeed my body and give it a break from weightloss, and also to learn to maintain a certain weight.

I plan to do another round after maintenance, though probably not strict protocol since I need extra fat.
  #126   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-12, 08:21
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Yay! I was hoping to hit 30 lbs, but I made it to 27.8, unless I continue to lose in the 72 hours. I don't know why that's not to be expected, if hCG is still in your system, and you're still eating 500 calories. Can any of you experienced users comment on that?

You count your last dose weight for the purpose of the 2 pounds over limit during P3. Last time I did lose more weight my last two days without hcg but I didn't count it towards my Last Dose Weight for the purposes of tracking maintaining.

Beth
  #127   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-12, 08:29

Monique, thats a great loss, well done!

Momma--yeah, stressed out traveling=no fun. Good for you for hopping right back on.

MizKitty, my first round I did lose a bit on the last few days, and a little at the beginning of P3, but my weight loss slowed way down in the last two weeks as well so it really wasn't much. P3 was interesting. I have to limit things like cheese and some nuts and wine--nothing unusual, but interesting to watch the scale react. I'm still not really sure about those things since I fluctuate so wildly anyways, but I tried.

ETA--and cycling my doc won't let me do, she makes me wait the full six weeks, but I may alternate short round with long ones--it does get tedious towards the end with not that much loss.
  #128   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-12, 08:57
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge
Hello all;

I just returned from a long grueling road trip for work--didn't have much Internet access so I'm just catching up. I must say traveling on P2 is lame. Trying to keep the hcg cold and packing fussy little bags of food and having to say no to dinner invitations and the like. Just awkward as all heck. But the last day, the last person I had to visit--she let me into her apartment complex and then had to look at me for a moment before letting me in. I hadn't seen her since last summer, and she kept looking at me funny and finally said "forgive me, but you look totally different--you've lost so much weight!" and since I'm starting to get more comfortable with people saying stuff like that, it was kind of great--I was kind of grumbly from all the fussy diet food weighing this and cutting that which is just a pain on a car trip. I cheated and had some chicken skin, which was delicious but made me a little ill a while later.

I'll weigh myself in the morning but my clothes are way looser, so I don't really care.

Oh, and I'm still spotting. It's the never ending TOM!

Glad to see all the stalls breaking.

gadge,

Must have been a pita to travel on this plan. I had a work training travel opportunity on P3 when P2 ends and I turned it down. I didn't want to chance gaining, after all my hard work of P2. Must be a good feeling to hear someone noticing you have lost weight. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to say when people ask me how I did it. Lots of negativity toward HCG being unhealthy, blah blah blah.
  #129   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-12, 09:00
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma-of-4
ok So I blew it BAD!! I've been off for 2 days. I was stressed, craving, hungry and everything else on this trip. I also started TOM which was 10 weeks late!! anyway I am right back on as I have a wedding to go to in 2 months. So do I just go like nothing happened or do I have to do a loading day again. I'm so mad at myself!

I agree, pretend like it never happened, and move on. Worrying about it won't help either.
  #130   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-12, 10:01
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Gadge, I can't imagine traveling during P2, it must have been next to impossible. You handled it better than I would have, I'm sure.
  #131   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-12, 10:18

I think I've just had the first hot food I've had in three days (cinnamon apple), not counting the chicken I picked up at whole foods--that was only sort of warm. Being in the car from 8am to 10pm every day and being in (and around) one of my favorite foodie cities (San Francisco) --I can't recommend it, no. But---it looks like almost 3 pounds, so yay!

Also? Having to pee for a hundred miles of mostly abandoned farms and winding roads yesterday was pretty miserable as well. Thank you, McDonald's in Taft, for having a clean bathroom. I must've been in there ten minutes.
  #132   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-12, 16:08

Oh, and I just tell people that I'm on a doctor's carefully supervised diet. That's usually enough, unless they pry. Then I usually elaborate a bit.
  #133   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-12, 21:59

Plan: Atkins, hCG Diet
Stats: 168/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:30%/25%/23%
Progress: 100%

Hi all,

Looks like some of us are moving into P3 (jealous!). Have some fat for me! Oh how I miss it. I did see someplace that you need to add fats back VERY CAREFULLY and SLOWLY. Just a heads up to be gentle with your new body.

So here are my stats lately:

Post Loading: 141.4
VLCD 8-12: 134 (5 day stall)
VLCD 13: 133
VLCD 14: 132.3

Total losses = 9.4lbs

12 days left to eek out another 7+ pounds.... Thinking "can do" positive thoughts.
  #134   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-12, 06:49

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Do you guys measure out your veggies? I really like canned asparagus and am trying to figure how much I can have with
my protein
  #135   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-12, 06:54
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I weigh meats, fruits and veggies on a food scale. Then I track on MyPlan. I can make adjustments before eating my last meal.

Beth