Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 03:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/129/114 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

I'm excited about my first days loss - down 2 pounds.

Today's menu pretty much the same as yesterday.

The strawberry smoothie yesterday was delish.

I can't say I enjoy eating nonfat. I miss my fat.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 08:13

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

208 this morning, down 1.4 lbs. Whether the apple day or whether it would have happened anyway... who cares?
I had one small Macintosh and a very large, very sweet Delicious which I cut in half for two separate snacks.
Today I'm going back on protocol, except I might add 1 tsp MCT oil every morning.

Monique, I've always been a high-fat person, but I was surprised how quickly I adapted to no-fat. Giving up thick Jersey cream for coffee was the hardest. lol
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 08:37
Registered Member

BF:

Sagehill,

Glad to hear your apple day worked for you.
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 10:07
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Sage, after trying a variety of cream-free options, I finally just had to give up my morning coffee. That may be what I'm looking forward to the most in P3. That and butter.
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 13:36

Plan: HCG
Stats: 28/22/16 Female 72 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 50%

A nice fatty steak would be nice about now...

Glad the apple day worked, and Monique that's a great start!

I am down slightly--about a pound average over the past few days but its still TOM so whatever.

My sister thought she saw a yellow patch of skin this morning under one of my eyes, and I went inside to look and didn't see it, washed my face and got my usual red flush whenever I touch my skin on this protocol, and then just didn't see it again. I'm hoping its just from sleeping on my face weird or something.

...butttterrrrrrr...
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 13:48

Plan: VLC
Stats: 270/201/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 63%

fat is the hardest thing to give up. I was watching a show with DH and the people were stockpileing for the end of ther world and it was all flour and rice and I just kept thinking weres the fat and protien? Theeir going to live off rice and die of malnutrition or they could stock peanut butter, nuts and dried meats and they may not be as full but at least they would be healthier. To many years low carb has really changed my brain.
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 14:46
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

The carby stuff is cheaper, easier to stock pile. That's what I'm guessing.
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 15:31

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Not too hungry after yesterday. Had a lettuce salad for lunch, topped with chicken sauteed with lots of lemon thyme, basil, red pepper flakes and some garlic granules and Lite salt (for potassium), with a little water added after browning to keep things moist. I sauteed double the chicken chunks and didn't let the water cook away as I usually do, so there was some broth left over with a lot of flavor from seasonings and extra chicken.

For dinner, I made a soup with the leftover chicken and broth, with more water, extra seasonings and a packet of plain gelatin. I had planned to add cabbage, but didn't feel hungry enough when cooking... the chicken and broth was enough after yesterday. I added the gelatin because I can feel the lack with all the muscle meats I've been eating these last two weeks. There's only 20 cals in a packet, 8 g protein and 0 carb/fat. I'm guessing it's okay, too bad if it's not.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-12, 07:21

Plan: Atkins, hCG Diet
Stats: 168/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:30%/25%/23%
Progress: 100%

Hi all - I have had some ups and downs over the last several days. I have been eating very close to protocol after hitting around 800 calories on Sunday. I have been clawing my way back every since. I keep hoping for a whoosh but no such luck. Feeling a little down about it all this morning....here are the digits:

Preload: 139.4
post load: 141.4
VLCD1: 138.4 (-3)
VLCD2: 137 (-1.4) ate 2 hb eggs
VLCD3: 136 (-1) ate 2 hb eggs upped my beef portions slightly, skipped Melba and strawberries. Calories were around 617.
VLCD 4: 134.4 (-1.6)
VLCD 5: 134 (-.4)
VLCD 6: 133.6 (-.4)
VLCD 7: 134 (+.4) ate closer to 800 calories
VLCD 8: 134.4 (+.4) ate closer to 600 calories
VLCD 9: 134 (-.4) (-7.4 total losses)

As you can see I have been holding above my lowest weight for the last three days. Discouraging but here are some less disheartening stats:

Inches lost at VLCD 8:
-.75 inches at the navel (my target zone)
-1.5 in. at the hips
1.75 in. at the waist
-1 in. each thigh

Things are tightening up and I am trying to remember that inches lost is the most important aspect not some stupid number on a scale.

I am going to drink some "smooth move" tea as there has been little activity in that area. I read someplace it can help with slow downs. TMI??? sorry
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-12, 08:25
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Well, the average weight loss for a woman on hcg is something like .5 pound a day. That doesn't mean you'll see it every day. It tends to go in clumps.

Also, you don't have oodles of weight to lose, so it does go slower as you get closer to your goal weight.

So, be patient, it will most likely average out to 1/4-1/2 pound a day and loads of inches.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-12, 08:59

BF:

The last time I did this I could not lose after the first few days eating the fruit. It was just to many carbs but everyone is differant and yes inches is better then pounds
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-12, 10:52
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Coli, it sounds like you're doing really good to me! Those shifting inches in the midsection I know were your real goal. Good job!

I relost the .2 I bumped up yesterday. Was hoping for more, but Nancy's observation is correct, it tends to go in clumps. Will just keep on keeping on.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-12, 12:09
Registered Member

BF:

I didn't lose anything when I weighed myself today. I'm on VLCD 3 today.

I'm wondering if its counterproductive to weigh everyday on P2.

Maybe I will weigh myself every 4-5 days or so instead. That might work better.

That way I might not see any gains or stalls. We'll see. Its probably hard to stay off the scale.
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-12, 17:01

BF:

I am a major scale addict so i understand. being home all the time with the kids I realize how much I eat when I'm stressed or wan to relax. It's soo hard not being able to snack. At least this weekend I will be busy
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-12, 20:15

Plan: Atkins, hCG Diet
Stats: 168/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:30%/25%/23%
Progress: 100%

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone. It is hard when you hear "lose a pound a day" then find out that is really only for the dudes, lol. My mind just won't forget that number.

Monique - sorry to hear that. I know that sodium is a killer for me. Are you feeling that "no hunger/euphoria" Dr. S spoke about? It eludes me still on VLCD 9 or 10...

I, too, am a major scale addict. I have been weighing almost every morning for the last 9 months (longer really but tracking it in an app since then). It finally comes in handy with this diet. I use the number to make slight corrections in my food.

Today I made a big batch of extra lean turkey with diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and a little celery and garlic and spices. Yummy. I also did a shrimp and asparagus fry up for lunch - really would have been much better with butter. We'll see how this treats me tomorrow.

Perhaps my stall is due to a VERY fussy, teething baby I have currently. He is getting his first tooth and taking his first steps all at the same time. Lots of grumpiness and crying at my house these days (sometimes him, sometimes me...this too shall pass).