Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-08, 04:41
Operation Ann 2013

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/297.0/150 Female 5ft 1 in
BF:Of course!! :)
Progress: 8%

Everything here is drool worthy, I have to give this a whirl....I bet I could use the breadcrumbs to make a faux stuffing...hum. Thank you all for some great ideas!

BUMP!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-08, 15:43
LCing for health!

Plan: GF whole foods
Stats: 160/140/140 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hope you like 'em, Annie!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-08, 16:13
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1gi
...I bet I could use the breadcrumbs to make a faux stuffing...hum.

I can vouch for the crumbs as a successful stuffing ingredient. This was a veal, sundried tomato and pinenut stuffing I made with them to go with roast beef. I didn’t actually stuff the beef though, I cooked it as a side dish. It was outstanding and as good as any I’ve ever eaten (better actually).

#19   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-08, 18:53

Plan: Seven Deadly Sins (Paleo)
Stats: 155/110/110 Female 166cm
BF:

I tried the bread crumbs last night (I did mashed cauliflower with a bit of almond meal to make a bit easier to handle and then rolled into an egg batter and then the bread crumbs and fried to simulate something like hot chips - to eat with my fried fish.... it ended up more like a potato patty but still tasted great)
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-08, 21:55

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Oh man! How come I didn't find this recipe before Thanksgiving. These look awesome. I've got all the ingredients so I'll be making a batch soon.

After seeing this recipe and knowing I can have biscuits again - I am so totally LC for life.

Thanks much lcstudent.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Last edited by 2007 : Sun, Nov-30-08 at 22:10.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-08, 21:40

Finally made these yesterday and they are very yummy.

Yummy for my tummy.

I put some strawberry jam on one and some cream cheese on the other...both very good.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-08, 02:08
HIGH FAT!!!

Plan: CARNIVORE!!!!
Stats: 191/145.0/137 Female 69 inches
BF:30.3/24.06/not yet
Progress: 85%

Woot!!
Awesome recipe(s)!!!
~Cheryl
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-08, 08:36
LCing for health!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
Finally made these yesterday and they are very yummy.

Yummy for my tummy.

I put some strawberry jam on one and some cream cheese on the other...both very good.

So glad you enjoyed them! I'ma sneak some of 'em in the regular bread basket for the Christmas table, heh.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-08, 11:42

I still can't believe I'm having biscuits for breakfast.

All I need is one topped w/ cream cheese and a cup of my Gevalia pumpkin spice coffee w/ a bit of heavy cream and I'm all set.

It makes my mornings so much easier by being an "on the go" meal.

This actually holds me until lunch. That is just way to cool.

I've only got one left for tomorrow so time to whip up another batch. I'm going to try to get a bit creative with this batch and add a little something extra to it...not sure what...maybe some blueberries or something.

Hmmm...I do have a lot of SF Davinici syrups maybe I'll add that to the mix.

Last edited by 2007 : Wed, Dec-10-08 at 12:12. Reason: adding davinci's
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-08, 21:28

Plan: general LC
Stats: 202/144/135 Female 62 inches
BF:grr, no i FF
Progress: 87%

well add me to the "thankful for biscuits" recipe! i made some last night with a batch of sausage gravy and OMG my eyes rolled to the back of my head. i need to make some more actually. mine looked more like mini muffins than biscuits, but i'll remedy that when i get a new pan.

thanks for the recipe!!
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-08, 13:55

Plan: Custom low-carb
Stats: 240/188/140 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Made some this pm to have with my New Year's Eve dinner. They came out really well (I have a tendency to screw up even the simplest recipes). The texture is almost perfect but I was wondering if it was normal for them to be quite so moist. They don't seem strong enough to spread anything on them and they tasted a bit oily. Tasty oily (almond, yum!) but still.
Is it possible to make these with something else than almond flour? It's pretty expensive and I'm a poor grad student. What about dessicated coconut?
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-09, 15:29

Stats: 290/243/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

I'm going to give these a try either later today, or tomorrow. I'll report back!
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-09, 16:42
LCing for health!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump
Made some this pm to have with my New Year's Eve dinner. They came out really well (I have a tendency to screw up even the simplest recipes). The texture is almost perfect but I was wondering if it was normal for them to be quite so moist. They don't seem strong enough to spread anything on them and they tasted a bit oily. Tasty oily (almond, yum!) but still.
Is it possible to make these with something else than almond flour? It's pretty expensive and I'm a poor grad student. What about dessicated coconut?

Hmm, perhaps you need to bake them a bit longer. The tops should be nicely browned when you use butter (my photo for them is not that good, actually!). I heard from one person that they are actually a bit dry tasting, so they should not taste oily.

You might be able to cut the coconut flour with 1/3 dessicated coconut, but it's essential for the texture here. It IS expensive! I try to find sliced almonds on sale.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-09, 17:57

Stats: 290/243/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Four of these just came out of the oven, two plain, and two into which I added some cheddar and garlic. I haven't tasted them yet...I'm gonna let them cool down a bit! Here they are:

Just tasted these, both types. They are very, very good indeed. These are the first baked Atkins-friendly product that I've tasted that aren't a bit "weird" in some way...too eggy..too flaxy, etc.

The texture takes a bit of getting used to, simply because one doesn't expect such a mealy texture in a biscuit. It's not bad, though, just different. I think that when I get back from my upcoming trip I'm going to have a lot of fun with these. For one thing, I'll make up a few batches of the dry mix, bag them, and toss them in the freezer. Then I can just grab a bag, add the eggs and whatever else, and be good to go.

I baked these in the large size of the silicone muffin pan. I used Pam, they came out perfectly. They took 15 minutes at 400.

Thanks so much for this recipe, it's a keeper for sure!

Last edited by SherBel : Fri, Jan-16-09 at 18:36.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-09, 23:05

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 199.0/179/120 Female 5ft 4in
BF:46.8
Progress: 25%

OMG! they look so good, I am going to have to ge some ingredients and make these, I am not missing bread, pasta or potatoes really but it would be nice to have something that I could have with my weekend brekkie of bacon and eggs!

Like the idea of the cheese and garlic versions too!