Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 04:39

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh, and as of this morning I had gained a pound, but lost a percentage point of body fat?!
ponder that, 'cos i KNOW there is no way I have put on a pound of muscle in a week or 2... is it water retention? Due to working the muscles? I am just finished TOM so it is not that...
Doods.

Last edited by Doodle : Thu, May-09-02 at 09:11.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 04:42
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Yeah, Doods, it's water.... I changed up my exercises this week and it's like starting BFL all over again.... I am SOOOOOO sore!! Yeeeoooowwwww!!! And I gained a pound over the last day or so....I know it's water because I can feel that my muscles are swollen. I keep thinking it's time to toss the scale but can't seem to quite do it!!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 09:13

BF:

Thanks for that Teri... phew. I mean it makes sense... I couldn't have recorded a drop in body fat AND put a pound of fat on all in one day???!!! could I???.
Doods.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 05:01

BF:

Ok, so it is no secret... I am a bold brat... I added in an extra cardio session today... But just because it made me feel sooo goood yesterday... and then the upper body workout was, I think, even better because of it... the old blood was really pumpin'!
I know I should be tweaking this early... but what do you guys think?
Doods.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 09:26
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

My advice is that if it feels good, do it. If you find you're running low on energy then tweak by getting more sleep, adding more carbs, or build up slowly to the extra cardio rather than suddenly add 4 new cardio workouts/week. Just pay attention to your body and don't push too hard, too fast. I'll just bet you find you're a LOT hungrier too!!!

After 4 wks of BFL Richard and I started playing tennis 3 nights a week. I noticed that I was feeling more tired because of it. I didn't want to give up the tennis, so I try to get more sleep and I've added some protein and calories.....'cause I'm "starving" all the time now!! But I'm having fun and feeling good. Ain't life grand??
  #21   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 02:43

BF:

I am still here and going (growing) strong.... so much has been happening that I haven't had any time lately to post. But I am still very much on top of things... (ok, I had a few slip ups, but hey.... I haven't quit!)
Love to you all...
Doods.