Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#916   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-22, 04:52

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Well I am up and working on my coffee......I am wondering how this is going to work in reality for me. This is very early, even Ruger is not getting up. I know people everyday get up this early. I am not a fan! (attitude already!)

I wished that book had gotten written. There is still time! I want to be an author and sit on the beach and get checks.......... Ok I am dreaming now..............

I will give this a go and keep looking and truly get this book finished. The thing with the book: I am stuck in the middle. I am 5 chapters in and now I am at a cross roads where I want to take it. It is a "self help" book in a way more than a "diet" book. We all know losing weight and keeping it off and just feeling better starts in your head before your heart is in it.
It is only when we start SEEING results do we really get excited. But something has to FLIP THAT SWITCH TO GET STARTED.

I was last to post- check personals.

Nic- home you are home and safe! I am glad you aren't dealing with foot pain like me! All that walking would have done you in! I am really struggling with a roaring recurrence of Planter Fasciitis and it sucks. I hobble to the bathroom when I first get up. It took MONTHS for it to go away the first time. Then one morning it was just gone. Now it is back! URghhhhhhh. Be kind to your feet!

Going to be a HOT HOT HOT one here today!!!!! Glad to be home and in the AC. My first day is half remote and then I will go to HR in the afternoon to get my badge. Tomorrow forward I will be in the hospital.

My hair turned out wonderful! I found a color that is very natural and nobody really can tell I color it. It is my natural color to begin with but now with gray it needs coverage help. Reddish light brown works for me. I am also letting it grow out a bit! I won't let it get to the middle of my back again, but it could be just a bit longer!

I am up a pound dang it! Stress and I was drinking a TON of water yesterday and noticed I am retaining it. I hope to just flush today with some lemon water and eat a bit lighter. I am going to take a 1/2 cup of beef stew and pop it in a pan- make a small indentation and plop an egg in there. That is good to me! Yummy and hits the spot and kills hungry.

I need to check in at 7. Thank goodness remote for 1/2 day. Just not feeling it. Still working on my coffee and huge GI issues IBS TMI - stress.

Later
Sponsored Links
  #917   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-22, 06:02

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz......Good luck on the new job! Try not to assume the worst before you've set foot in the place. I hope it turns out to be a good fit for you.

Nic.....Are you back from the big city? You'll need a day or 2 to recover! I know you had a good time.

Trig.....Did you get all your house chores done? Funny how things stack up at home when you're away for just a few days.

--------

I'm beginning to wonder if my scale is working. Yesterday it was such a high number and today I'm over 3 lbs down! What? I did really watch myself yesterday, but I must have really been retaining fluid to see that high number yesterday morning. Whatever...I was just glad to see the number drop.

I have an eye Dr. appt. this morning at 11 and I'm anxious to pick out my new frames! I hate to spend the $$$, but a necessary evil.

I'm working on a plan to start a weight training program. I've contacted an online coach for some guidance. I used to lift weights a lot, so I have a good idea of the different exercises, but I'm hoping a coach will give me a plan that will motivate me a bit. I want to build some muscles to give me more power in my golf swing. It won't help me this year, but watch out next year! Plus...the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn! Able to eat more? Yes please!

Look at me.....62 years old and acting like I'm still in my 20's. I'm not ready to give up yet!
  #918   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-22, 08:26

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori.....loved your post....you go strong girl!! I am 60 and feel 20 also for me any kind of weight lifting is out cause of my neck surgery. I got 'weirdo' issues I never ever wanna push cause when I started exercising with weights I 'felt it dead in my bad neck area' where the surgery area was and said oh hell no.....but move move move is key to life so keep on going full on!!

need a Nicco update but we all know Nicco is having good vacay days and good times but we also know that life is gonna jump in at some point so hope that 'all is A OK' for ya Nic!

Jazz, yea I would have attitude also. You aren't a 'worker bee' anymore. You are transitioning but ya might be able to 'go back' and enjoy it as long as the bucks roll in to help ya on that point.

all inflation and more gonna get WAY worse and we know rents, food, gas, and LIFE is gonna quad in cost so.....bank it all now as you can!!!

Ruger is doing fine thru it all so that is cool

-----------back from fast store trip for a few things... $96 lighter....a FEW damn things. omg, I was thinking around $60 and what I got damn near took my whole $100 bill.........this ain't no joke now, getting wild out there.

dealing with pool
dealing with laundry and rv

hubby working but has to 'deal' with that molar he cracked...omg

kid asleep, as she is the only one....and maybe the little dog too....that have 0 worries on any of it. ahhh to be that again.

for me I got 4 thin cut pork chops for later and 2 chicken breasts in alfredo sauce for me. I am buying up 'sirloin top' burger instead of buying steaks. Hey if steaks are even on sale at $9/lb isn't my burger that eats like a steak at $6 a lb. a better deal and I do well on it too.........darn right it is

ugh

stuff to do, be good all
  #919   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-22, 08:28

BF:

WTH? lost big ol' post ain't doing it again
have great day everyone, chat later
ugh and another ugh K
  #920   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-22, 08:35

BF:

my posts ain't posting, lost big one
done for today--bleck!
  #921   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-22, 16:47

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey pals!

Jaz- I wondered about Zoe's and your steak kabobs. They put a balsamic glaze on that is yummy but clearly sweet. Glad you got it worked out!

Weed: Constant constant constant in NYC. You smell it constantly on the street and on people in general. I swear someone was smoking weed or something on the train behind us last night too, or else they just REEKED of it. Such a gross smell. At least in the old days it smelled sweet!

YAY for a friendly neighbor and wine! What a nice start!

No major foot pain. Some minor hobbling and we were both feeling it yesterday but it is all good.

42 pounds is really really something!!!!! WELL DONE!!!

I really hope today went well for you. I'm sure it probably did. I get the first day jitters- I know I would have that also!

Trig- UGH on the costs with the tooth and the RV and such. I hear ya. I am seriously thinking about having our MD pool filled in if we decide to stay in the house there for long. There is a pool here in DE for us to use with none of the work, and we spend 3k per year easy on that pool. Plus with us gone half the summer at least, it is hard to maintain it properly and so forth. I don't know. It bugs me to pay for it, open it and close it and the electricity to keep it up and running for no one to use it!

Lori- Love that your scale corrected so responsively to your actions, and that you're looking into a trainer to build muscle. You are one amazing 62 year old for sure!

•••••••••••••••••••

I thought I posted this morning but clearly not.

Last night when we got back we were SO WHIPPED. Actually we were both tired all of yesterday and sort of dragged around. It's interesting bc today I'm already at over 10K steps and will probably be going to bed at around 13K but it just felt completely different trekking all over NYC.

Got up this morning and did a load of laundry, poop scooped, took a shower etc etc and then the dogs and I got packed up and headed over. Took a bit longer with construction just prior and on the bridge causing a 20 minute back up.

Then I got the house and had a conniption fit (right Trig? LOL) bc Ds20 had left the DE house with the thermostat at 70 (so cooling the house to very cold WITH NO ONE HERE) *AND* accidentally didn't close the fridge door all the way either. I was not a happy camper at all. PLUS he threw away left over pizza into the trash. None of these things are a big deal when folks are here daily but that is not the case. I flipped my lid, but once I calmed down I realized that he had done *exactly* the same things DH has done and I need a 'dummy list' here for him just like DH has a list at home to look over before he leaves the property there. And this fridge here is a French door with freezer drawer and DH left the freezer drawer not closed completely once as well. You have to be careful- it is not as easy as the other one where it was clearly either open or closed. I'm not too fond of the one here for that reason!

So anyway, got over myself. Walked the dogs, then went to the beach for a couple of hours. PB tonight at 8 under the lights to end the evening and it will have been an excellent day.

It's supposed to rain tmrw so besides the dogs getting groomed, I'll lay fairly low. Probably run to the store and otherwise read etc. Then Bingo at night! DH comes here tmrw afternoon.

That's about it from here. It'll be a short DE trip for me, headed back Thursday afternoon so I can pick up DS23 on Friday.
  #922   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-22, 16:55

BF:

well I lost my whole post - it says it posted and it is a duplicate but it never did . not typing the whole dang thing again so oh well
  #923   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-22, 04:49

BF:

Good Tuesday!

I see both posts from NIC/ TRIG long and juicy both! I have not a clue what goes on in the cyber world!

Nic-
You had me rolling over a "dummy" list! I would however be "irked" as well to find the fridge open and the air cooling nobody and trash not taken out!

Yup I tell you walking on concrete is so much harder on the body than grass or even beach or sidewalks. Something about it!
Glad hubby coming tonight! Careful on that BINGO! You might get hooked!

On the "WEED": You know it's true that the SMELL has changed over the years. Back in the 70's 80's it did have a "sweet" smell and wasn't as offensive. Now it smells like a dead skunk. It really is gross and is so prevalent, I can't stand the smell. I wonder what has changed. I guess I don't care since it doesn't matter to me! HAHAHAHAH

Have you opened the MD pool? You haven't mentioned it. What if you don't? I know it is expensive to turn over every season!

Trig- Speaking of pools, what was wrong with yours? Is it fixed now?

Ohhhhhhhh I know to be young and not a care in the world! Once we know, we know! I tend to be a "worry wort". It is a trait I wish I could lose. I really work on the "what if's" and try to not go there. I also think not having on the news and TV helps alot with that. I have my music rocking all the time- truly!

Speaking of stuff- is the house listed yet? I can't wait for that to be over for you!

Ohhhh....... I am don't a ton of beef and truly don't mind it. I can't $$ steak right now at 14+ dollars a pound or more! So high end ground is just fine and then I grab it on sale and freeze a ton of it. Since I am not wasting money anymore on veggies that will just hit the trash I do buy good ground beef. It will last me a couple days and then I just make more!
Girl- who carries cash????? I had to GO to the actual bank to get cash for the movers. Otherwise it is plastic. lololololol I will be up the creek if the grid goes down!

Lori- - I think if you can do light weights it is a great thing! Just be careful! But truly if you can do it for sure! Studies have shown that weights are a huge benefit for those that can. Keeps muscle and tone! Perfect!
Where are you going to find a trainer?

Is it as hot there as it is here? We are under a heat advisory and it is the dangerous type of heat that can take one down fast! I am sure You are careful on the course!
----------------------------------------------------------
So yesterday, I sat at home and watched videos all day then went to pick up my badge. I never stepped into the hospital. That all changes today!
I had a ripping case of IBS this morning (I know TMI) nerves. Tummy flat now though!

I just don't "get" my reluctance to even step foot in a hospital as an employee. I have been in hospitals for years as a nurse. I really think Covid 1.0 and then 2.0 really affected me. It was like going to war and now I feel like I am being dragged back to the war line and I just don't want to go.
Love love love the $$$$- I am fingers crossed it is not as bad as it was last time. Again the worry wort in me right now.
I chose this facility specifically as it is mostly post surgical and not critical care. Plus it is a smaller satellite, not a trauma center! One would not go there for a heart attack. I think just a horrible case of nerves.

I am giving myself a safety net of 30 days. I will go for 30 days. I can do ANYTHING for 30 days and if it is not for me then it isn't. I can look again for that remote hybrid job I really want! That makes me feel so much better and puts it into perspective.

I am still up 1/2 pound from my low. STRESS and the heat here keeps the fluid on ya!

Okay- gotta face the music!

Back at ya later - when I am out of dress up clothes and in a pair of shorts and lite wine in hand!
  #924   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-22, 05:04

BF:

well my posts posted after losing them LOL
glitch but seems ok now

anyway

Nicco I so get on the fit about leaving the AC that high and then leaving the freezer door open...yikes. I would blow a gasket for a bit too.

hubby did that to me. when loading RV he puts AC on to like 68 and runs to cool it down for loading. So he did this without me knowing and for 2 days it ran non stop in this high heat and when I hit it to pack stuff the RV was a friggin' refrigerator in there LOL SO COLD it shocked me. I put the AC to like, 77, to cool it to pack but not run to be freezing but I know in those 2 days, my elec. bill will skyrocket cause of it. believe me that thing pulls power and I was just as irked as you were.

WOW on filling in the pool. I feel ya tho. There is that time when 'is it worth truly' keeping against the cost to do so. I tell ya if ya don't use it, it is just a money sucker. but boy that has to be a hard decision to make kinda

plus you are paying now for 2 homes. 2 sets of bills. everything doubled and in the end that can hemorrage money outta ya for sure. So I sure feel where your thinking is gonna change a bit on how ya live at your homes. My Mom never loved our lake vacation homes Dad bought. Everything doubled and it irked her LOL but in the end the price of some good in life and fun times means ya gotta spend some bucks to do it so....

Hey Lori and Jazz

------------I feel like I am missing posts and what is doing.
feel like I am playing catchup here

anywho.......off to grocery for a few things.
tomorrow I got 1800Junk for lake house and finish off to bare.
work tomorrow so today I am gonna goof in pool and do mostly squat. not in the mood to do much tho.

hubby taking rv to be fixed. something from the road? hit our back fender and did some small damage. passed alot of big ol logging trucks on the road, something flew off we didn't see? who knows....got to campground and boom....'not too bad' but wrecked side panel. our guy Kenny should be able to knock out, fix edges and redo for cheap hopefully. hubby taking it tonight to him to be fixed before next trip so gotta get my final stuff out of it. not much left, just some clothes etc I left in there.

so chatted wtih hubby on his job. he makes SO little but driving farther to another location to be this parts guy for that dealership and I said for what diesel costs are near $6 a gallon, he is losing way too much money to drive the 80 mi. round trip for work. Said you gotta get outta there, work in the closer dealership and drive vehicles for them again and drop this other gig. If one makes 200 at that place but pays 100 in gas to do it, are ya winning here? nope He says he sees it, he is deciding how to change it all up for his advantage instead of working for nothing literally damn near. omg the stupid of all of it with these price hikes.

I am going into big lockdown on spending point blank.

I only booked 2 wks next year for beach trip. not booking more. focus next summer is college for kid etc. and I need time to handle all that stuff I have no idea how to handle

I spent like 1000 on a damn shorty trip to the beach. can't be doing that. irks me to pay all that for what it was ya know. gas was a monster hit in there with 'eating out' costs. If hubby and kid don't wanna help control some of the costs, and they don't, then trips are gonna be more limited. Everyone's life and how they live is gonna change more and it ain't over yet!

bleck---ok I can't get started on all that or I will just spew it out HAHA

I feel a mood coming LOL no idea why, I just do HA

over and out
  #925   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-22, 05:36

BF:

Good Morning!

Yeah.....the site was having issues yesterday for sure. I couldn't even get it to come up for a couple hours yesterday. Glad the "lost" posts magically appeared!

Golf canceled for this morning since it looks like it's going to pour down rain any minute. I won't get to play until Thursday now.

Eye Dr. appt. went well. Amazing how they take pictures of the inside of your eye and show you the macula(sp?) and blood vessels etc. They can tell a lot about your general health by the way the inside of your eye looks. All good here! I decided to save $400 and use one of my old frames for my glasses. Still cost nearly $500 for exam and lenses. I have insurance that pays for part of it. Gotta do it.

The coach I'm thinking of working with is from North Carolina. Keto Coach Lauren. She is an adorable girl who looks freakin' amazing. She lost 100 lbs and has 3 kids. She has an 8 year old and a year ago had twins(boy/girl). She got huge with the twins but a year later she looks amazing. She is very real about her loose skin etc and accepts it as it is. She is very good at disguising it and just looks so good. Anyway, I think I"m going to get her 4 week plan and see how it goes. She offers eating plans too, but I'm just interested in her strength training ones. It's not a lot of $$, so not a lot invested.

---------

Jaz......I'm so anxious to hear how your first day in the hospital goes. Good luck!

Nic......ARGHH!! on the a/c being on cold and the fridge open.....and pizza in the trash. I would have lost it a bit too. How long will you be staying in DE this trip?

Trig....Wow, that is a lot of travel for DH for work and with the price of fuel....Yikes! Hope all goes well with the "junk" guys.

---------

Well, time for more coffee and to call the golf course and cancel my tee time. DH has to take Betty to a Dr. appt. later this morning. Always a worry to get her up out of her wheelchair and into his truck. They guy he works with is going to go help him to hopefully avoid any mishaps. It's getting harder and harder.

Have good days!
  #926   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-22, 06:24

BF:

Lori so get transporting Betty getting way harder. My mom was still very mobile but boy when she walked I had to be sure she was 'handled' cause they can go down very fast. But Betty doing more of a wheelchair thing now?

Smart to use your own frames if they are in good shape Reuse is smart when ya can. Not too bad on a good exam and lens so at least you are in good form now and will 'see that golf ball' better

--------------swim? not.
massive Tstorm came thru. big wind, big lightening, big thunder. cooled off the heat of the day for sure.
still around so inside doing whatever and hit store 'maybe later' if I want cause I didn't get out fast, it is like 8:30 now and to me the day is damn near over HA I hit store when they open at 7 but this big rain stopped me on that so....eh tomorrow maybe HA
  #927   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-22, 17:32

BF:

I posted in the email. yah...........
  #928   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-22, 03:24

BF:

I'm up- crack of dawn. I am hoping to get in a few resumes as I am hunting again. This job is not going to work for me on ANY level.

So I am here now in Atl. I might as well find something here until my lease is up. I like my location and I like my apt. I now need a way to pay for it all. I am sticking with the crap show until something else comes my way. Goodness this all sucks.

Anyway-

I am UP a pound- shocking right?!??-

I need to turn it all around!

I "borrowed" Trig's "in a mood"............ yup- wallowing in it right now!
I can and will get to a better place. Well I am going to take my meager few minutes and job hunt!

Back after my 8 hours.
  #929   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-22, 06:10

BF:

Good Morning!

Busy day ahead! The only nice day this week and I'm stuck with house stuff and no golf. We have a water treatment purifier system in our basement and I have the annual maint. on that today. I think they'll be here by 10. I'm afraid this may be the year when it needs MAJOR parts etc. We've had it a long time with minimal parts replaced. I also have my cleaning lady coming around Noon. If the water people are still here and have the water turned off, I will just cancel her for today and do the cleaning myself(ugh).

Yesterday DH took Betty to her Dr. appt. After the appt. he stopped at a Wendy's near the Dr.'s office(about 1/2 hour from here) and when they were finished, his truck would not start. He called me and I had to grab the jumper cables and go rescue him. Luckily, it started right up with the jumpers and after he took Betty home, he took it to the garage and they installed a new battery. This place has awesome service. They treat us so well. We have been bleeding money this month on all manner of stuff. That's why I'm thinking the water treatment maint. will be $$$ too.

-------------

Jaz.....Sorry about the job situation.

Trig.....Good luck with the junk guys. Hope it's a quick and easy job.

Nic....What's up? Hope the "C" hasn't gotten all of your family.

-------------

I haven't signed on with the new coach yet. Still debating. I may just do a couple months of Pahla B.'s body sculpting workouts and see how that goes. I really don't want to get gung ho into it until golf season is over. I need a focus for the Winter for sure.

Well I'd better get moving and get some stuff done before my water gets turned off for who knows how long.

Make it the best day you can!
  #930   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-22, 19:10

BF:

Hey all- I think I caught up via email this morning so I will post tomorrow. 16K steps today plus biking, and a nice beach late afternoon/evening with the Hubs. Finally turned my cranky ass around!