Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-24-06, 05:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/198/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Beach Body Products

Anyone here tried any of the Beach Body work out dvds?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 09:30

Stats: 234/141.8/149 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 108%

Any one specifically? I have all of them except P90X and I wouldn't be without them!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 22:18

Stats: 280/260/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 13%

i love turbo jam. :-P that's the only one i've tried.

i really want to get yoga booty ballet, though...
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 22:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 299/292/267 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

I also have the TurboJam and loveeee it! I'm doing it regularly and faithfully plus I'm eating lc and its been working well!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 22:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy03
I also have the TurboJam and loveeee it! I'm doing it regularly and faithfully plus I'm eating lc and its been working well!

wow, i'd say it's working well for you! you are more than ha;fway to your goal! congrats!!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 22:45

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iasi
wow, i'd say it's working well for you! you are more than ha;fway to your goal! congrats!!!

Thank you but I actually started working out with the turbojam about a month ago. Started at 214.5 when I first started and now I'm at 202. So really with turbojam I lost 12.5lbs. in a month.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 22:56

BF:

well, that's STILL impressive... :-P

rock on!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 05:45

Stats: 234/141.8/149 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 108%

Let's see:

Slim In Six: IMHO one of the best workouts on the market. A complete head to toe workout that will change the shape of your body.

Pros:
Head to toe workout.
No choreography. All straight forward and easy. Even people with two left feet can follow it.
Almost no equipment required. Dumbbells or a resistance band and you're good to go.

Cons:
Repetitive. 3 progressively difficult workouts take you through 6 weeks.
Music bites. Thank God you can shut it off.

Power 90: Power 90 is a fantastic program as well. It's a series of 4 (or 6) workouts that you pair up and (Sweat 1-2/Sculpt 1-2 & Sweat 3-4/Sculpt 3-4) alternate days with, moving to the more lengthy ones as you progress through the program. (30 minutes for the 1-2 set and 45 minutes for 3-4 set).

Pros:
Fast, effective workout.
This is a workout that men will be comfortable doing.
Great upper body workout (sculpt).
The Sweat videos are tough!
You alternate through 2 videos over the course of the week.

Cons:
Music sucks. Thank God you can shut it off.
Buying 3-4 is a waste of money. It's the exact same workout as 1-2, only instead of 2 sets of everything you do 3, which makes it 45 minutes instead of 30.
It's not a very effective lower body workout at all. In the Sculpt video, you'll only do about 10 lunges and 20 or so squats.

Turbo Jam: A combination of tae kwon do, kickboxing, and hip-hop. It's a *really* fun workout and a definite sweat-fest every time! I still haven't outgrown the 20 minute workout if I'm short on time. I pop that in and I'm a sweaty mess before I'm done (you can always throw those punches harder, kick higher, squat lower, etc to make it more challenging for yourself!)

Pros:
Several workouts to rotate through.
The music on these is bumpin.
Time flies with these workouts.
Great head to toe workouts. You will lean down using these. They're very aerobic!

Cons:
There's a bit of choreography that takes a couple of runs through the videos to catch on to.

Project: YOU!: This workout is put out by Beach Body and Kathy Smith. It's a series of 7 workouts (plus a CD) that you rotate through. The aerobic tapes are easy enough to follow and will make you sweat. The strength training videos are awesome, IMHO. They hurt! And there's a yoga and pilates workout as well.

Pros:
Lots to rotate through. Will stave off boredom.
A thorough combination of exercises over the course of the week. A great all-over body workout.

Cons:
Not coming to mind, really!

Yoga Booty Ballet: I like YBB. It's a combination of exactly what it says it is. Yoga, Ballet, and dance. It's very calming, very peaceful while still being very effective, very fun, and a sweatfest.

Pros:
Again, several tapes to rotate through.
Very peaceful vibe to the whole workout set - even the jazzy/hip-hoppy/caberet style videos.

Cons:
Some of the moves are pretty tough to master, but then, that's sorta the whole point!

Fast 10: Fast 10 is a great program for those that travel. It's a series of 10 different moves that can be done with a resistance band from darn near anywhere.

Power Half Hour: This is Tony Horton as well (like Power 90). I really like these workouts. They're targeted 30 minute workouts and they're effective!

Pros:
Again, 5 targeted 30 minute workouts to work through : Arms, Abs, Buns, Thighs, and Stretch.
They're quick!
Easy to follow.
Effective.

Cons:
None really - so long as you like Tony!

Great Body Guaranteed: Another series of several targeted workouts, but this series is short! The workouts on it are anywhere from 7-15 minutes - but don't let that fool you! They're ugly! (Beautiful, but heh heh..tough!)

Slim Series: This series is tough. It's not for the faint of heart. It's for those that have already completed a round of Slim In Six or Power 90 and are looking to move upward and onward. All of these workouts are at least 55 minutes long ..some are as long as 80 minutes. They're incredible workouts.

Out of all of them, my favorites are definitely: Slim In Six, Turbo Jam, and Great Body Guaranteed (for when I'm short on time). I wouldn't be without any of the three of those!

HTHS
~Brook
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-06, 08:54

BF:

Thank you for that information Brook!
I do love my turbojam. I also do the 20min workout most times. I like the turbosculpt and this week I started doing it 3x instead of twice a week.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 12:30

Plan: Re-LCing Take 2
Stats: 274/165/164 Female 5'8
BF:Hmm/2/much
Progress: 99%

I started doing Turbojam July 1st and I love it!!!! I love the music!! You start to predict what shes going to say but its not annoying like other videos and the time does fly by. Im surprised because I used to be an "outdoor" workout person but I usually cant wait to do my turbojam. I think its fun and I dont dread when its time to workout
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 17:04
Go Seminoles......

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:baby phat
Progress: 16%

Golly Gee Brook, do u own the company ,well almost with all the products you own, like I should own Walk away the pounds with all the tapes and DVD's , Thank you very much for the info , I just got the Slim in six and plan to start on Monday! Well just in case you don't own the company you can have a lucrative career writing reviews

Again thanks!