Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-19, 08:38

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%
Default Is Meat The Problem Or Is It The Over-Production Of Grain ?

I bet we can guess the correct answer!

Quote:
The piece that appears on the WEF's website is a shortened version of a paper written by consulting firm ATKearney. It is interesting to note that it was written by a member of their chemicals practice, and its purpose seems to be to talk up the opportunities 'cultured meat' will present to this industry. The WEF's reproduction of the ATKearney article has the aim of building up momentum behind 'alternative proteins and meat substitutes' by creating a sense of inevitability around their introduction and adoption by consumers in place of actual meat. Progress on the march again.

https://www.wolfcarnivore.net/post/...uction-of-grain

I have long felt the campaign against saturated fat, then ALL "animal fats" came about because of that insidious Puritan aspect to the US character. Virtue is in the action, not the result

Quote:
This is clever. The agenda in play here involves the replacement of a naturally-based activity - managing herds of livestock outdoors on pastoral land - with chemical manufacturing processes, but it will be sold to us as being in our best interests. The Oxford Martin report is very careful to frame its enthusiasm for meat substitutes in terms of sustainability, nutrition, and the welfare of the world's poor. This of course means that anyone who resists their agenda will be labelled as environmentally irresponsible, and insensitive to the needs of both the emerging middle classes in the developing world who want to eat more meat, and of the dirt farmers trying to scratch out a living under the harshest of conditions.

I found this article through a podcast, Tristan Haggard - Vegan to Nose-to-Tail Carnivore and Changing the World. Tristan Haggard spoke about how the foundations who pushed eugenics at the turn of last century are the same folks who are pushing the vegan lifestyle now. (Hmmmm, hmmm, hmmmm. The ghost of Kellogg is still at it.)

Which leads to one of my own rules: When things don’t make sense, follow the money. Some bunch of slaphappy con artists have figured out a way to make more money from people who don’t know any better.

Just as aspartame began popping up in everything in the supermarket, including BABY FOOD, now they are harvesting tons of grain coated in Roundup, and someone has to buy it.

Tristan Haggard (~PrimalEdgeHealth) along with his wife Jessica run Primal Edge Health, the popular brand, blog, and YouTube channel focused on changing lives through animal-based nutrition. After trying veganism and watching their health suffer, Tristan and his wife became dedicated to helping others using ketogenic and carnivore lifestyles. They’ve since published multiple awesome cookbooks, shared tons of information, recipes, and research on social media, created tons of podcasts, and they host a monthly Keto & Carnivore collective.

Last edited by WereBear : Wed, Jul-10-19 at 06:11. Reason: typos
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-19, 09:54

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Thanks, WereBear. Hadn't visited either of the sites you link, and this article is certainly an attention getter, and it confirms some of my suspicions regarding hidden agendas and dogmatic claims about the correct diet to follow and how to save the planet. Linking the two of course is the perfect storm to the acolytes of this way of thinking. Like having peanut butter with chocolate, so to speak. Wait, that was an entirely different period of my life . . .
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-19, 10:16

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Keep spreading the word.

I will not buy farm raised fish. We do fish for our own use...again, wild caught.

And have farm fresh eggs from mostly free range hens.

This is about choices.

I was surprised to find most of our customers are first generation immigrants. Meaning most of the world is still attached to land production in a more sustainable way: they produce the food for their own family first, pasture to table.

Meats are far more than just protein. The "food" creators tend to forget that.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-19, 10:56

Plan: Higher P/Moderate F + C
Stats: 152/146.6/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 25%

I've been watching a lot of Tristan's youtube videos since he's a solid resource for a carnivore lifestyle, good stuff!