Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 07:53

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Good Supple Strength session this morning I don't normally do this class on a Monday, but I'm not able to attend my Pilates class tonight. Think I'll make this class a regular event as well

Woke up with a stiff and sore shoulder/collarbone - not sure what caused it - did wonder if I should attempt the class today, but went along anyway - glad I did because my shoulder know feels great - perhaps I pushed something out of alignment during the night, and the stretch and strengthening exercises sorted it out???!!

The rest of the week's schedule will probably be as follows:

Tuesday
Cardio Funk
Gym session (weights)

Wednesday
Power Walk
Supple Strength or Pilates

Thursday:
Body Sculpt
Gym session (weights)

Friday:
Yoga (new beginners class)
Supple Strength
Deep Water Aqua, which is probably to be replaced by swimming

Saturday:
Day Off

Sunday:
Gym session (weights)
Power Walk
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 04:20

BF:

Due to my doctor's appointment on Tuesday morning, I had to miss my Cardio Funk class. So I worked out instead using my DD's Ibiza Workout DVD at home.

I also started to plan my Body Sculpting Bible programme using my hand weights - the plan does enable me to either workout at home with hand weights, or to use the equipment at the gym - which means that I've got no excuses if I miss a session.

4 mile power walking class yesterday - very tough, especially as there weren't many of us walking yesterday, and those that were are the 'hard core' walkers, so I was miles behind everyone

However, the instructor stayed with me for most of the walk - and so we were able to concentrate more on technique

Shorter strides (which is hard because I've got a long stride), heels down first, and swinging arms, all help to propel you along at a faster rate.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 07:13

BF:

Ooops - gym log was a bit neglected at the end of last week

This is what I have planned for this week:

Monday: Pilates
Tuesday: Cardio funk
Wednesday: Power walk, pilates
Thursday: Body Sculpt - may have to drop this though until my neck is better - going to go anyway and ask the instructor if I can do the class but not use a barbell across my shoulders.
Friday: Supple Strength, swimming

Although I said that the WAP DVD doesn't work on our DVD, I have discovered that it works on my DS's DVD - so have decided to keep it and I'll just have to do it in his bedroom
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Dec-09-03, 06:28

BF:

Went for a 3 mile walk yesterday - probably not as fast as I could of, but I do find it difficult to pace when I'm walking on my own. Need to get a new pedometer - have seen something that's a pedometer and which is also a heart rate monitor.

Interesting article about winterising your walking programme - some great tips, and I'd thought I'd put it here in case someone else is interested.

Had a very good pilates session last night - great control with my plank and I found the full Hundred fairly easy - perhaps it's time to move up to a more advanced class. I have the Official Body Control Pilates Manual and I'm finding it very helpful as a reference point - especially for incorporating pilates into my other forms of exercise. There's also a great section on using pilates for health problems - in my case for my shoulders and neck - and also for correcting posture.

No cardio funk class today - forgot to pre-book last week and it was full this morning when I phoned - thee weren't any other classes available either, so I'm going to do some pilates later - although it really should be cardio, I will be power walking tomorrow, and will add an extra cardio session later in the week.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 07:56

BF:

Good power walking session this morning - didn't trail so far behind everyone this time! Felt easier, especially going up the hills on the trail

Again, have realised that my pace is not fast enough when I walk on my own at other times - need to make sure that I speed up.

Worked through some pilates exercises from my manual last night - particularly those suitable for neck and shoulders.

Have decided that I'm also going to take the pilates class on a Wednesday morning after the power walk - didn't do it today because I was booked for a massage.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 10:04

BF:

Did not go to my body sculpt class this morning as my osteopath has told me not to use a weighted barbell across my shoulders until my neck is sorted out. Was going to go anyway, but as we spend half of the class using the barbell in this way for leg exercises (squats, lunges etc), it wasn't worth it. Did some pilates and stretching exercises on my fitness ball instead.
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 10:07

BF:

Had a good supple strength session this morning. Our usual instructor couldn't make it, so we had another - she normally takes the yoga classes, and also leads our power walk on Wednesdays

Obviously her class was different to what we are used to, but I enjoyed it and she really stretched us out - my legs are killing me now

Swam for 40 minutes after the class and also tried out some core stability exercises which have been designed for you to do in water :

Rocking horse
SIngle-arm punches
Arm pulls
Alternate bear hugs
Alternate outward scoops
Trunk rotations
Single leg swings
Twists
Pull-throughs

If anyone is interested in knowing what exactly each of these exercises are, then let me know and I'll type them out in full.

I have an excellent book 'The Complete Guide to Core Stability' by Matt Lawrence, which is where these come from
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 14:15

BF:

Not a great week so far for exercise - mainly because of being so busy.

Couldn't do the power walk yesterday and really missed it, especially as the weather was excellent for it - cold, but dry and sunny.

Had a good Pilates session on Monday though and am signing up for a 6 week course with the instructor (outside of the club) because she is such a good teacher. A couple of friends are also going to join me as well The course begins in the middle of January.

Went to my first Beginners Yoga class today - and throughly enjoyed it. Haven't really done any Yoga before, so am not au fait with all the names of postures etc., but hope I will soon be

Feeling quite sore now, mainly due to the stretching - very similar moves to the supple strength class last Friday.

We started with Salutations to the Sun and it's a warm up exercise.

Another of the postures was the Pigeon Pose - I really liked this one, but I think this is what's causing my legs to ache now!

Also did some balance postures and worked on our abs.

Definitely enjoyed the relaxation part at the end

Have booked in for the beginners class next Tuesday afternoon

Will not be doing many exercise classes next week due to the Christmas holidays - but will try and go out for a walk or something when I can.

Last session with the osteopath tomorrow, so hoping I'll be able to start back with the weights next week
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Dec-18-03, 15:05
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

your exercises look really impressive Demi!!!! Good for you..what a nice mix for all around fitness
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Dec-22-03, 14:40

BF:

Thanks Mischa

Well, it's looking a bit neglected in here, but I haven't really done any exercise to speak off since last Thursday - there's too much going on because of Christmas I'm afraid, and my exercising has had to take a back seat

I'm looking forward to getting back into more of a routine though once it's all over. January will see me on the KISS challenge and I plan to really get my exercising back in order.

I plan to take a class every day - whether it's pilates, yoga, body sculpt, power walking - and I'll be able to add back the weights now that my neck seems to be better. Will also be adding in swimming on a regular basis as well

Last pilates session of the year this evening - not many in the class tonight - I expect that that's because it's almost too cold to go out - me, I wanted to go out for the peace and quiet

A good session, though I did feel a bit stiff - I expect that's because I have not been doing so much exercise-wise in the last week or so

It was Jane's last class tonight - but I've signed up to do her external class on Monday night, starting 19 January Have some friends joining me for this as well.

Have a yoga class tomorrow afternoon, and then that's it for classes until next week. Will try and make an effort to do some walking in the meantime.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 15:14

BF:

Yoga class today - and just what I needed to wind down after a hectic morning's food shopping

Great session - felt very stretched and relaxed afterwards.

The only pose I had trouble with was the shoulder stand (a bit of headbanging didn't help ) and although it's not hurting now, I did jerk my back on the way down.

Had a bit of wobble during the Warrior pose and was also a bit wobbly doing toe squats - not sure what these are actually called, but you go up on your toes and then squat right down, pause, and then come back up, on your toes during the whole movement

Have booked for next Tuesday's class
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 12:07

BF:

Well, it's been a week since I last did any proper exercise and I can really feel that I haven't

Stiff, stiff, stiff

Had a yoga class this afternoon and found that it wasn't easy getting into some of the poses today. However, the stretching did help.

It is incredible how much your body can regress in such a short period of time - I must try not to have such a period of inactivity again. It's my own fault, I have been lazy - instead of sitting on my bum, I should have been walking or using my fitness ball etc

There are no other classes now until Friday, so will do one of my tapes. Have booked for Supple Strength on Friday - the new Friday Yoga class doesn't start until next week though.
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 14:23

BF:

Supple Strength was cancelled this morning

I've now booked all my classes for next week:

Monday: Supple Strength
Tuesday: Pilates
Wednesday: Power Walk / Pilates
Thursday: Body Sculpt / Yoga
Friday: Yoga / Supple Strength / Swimming

Am also planning 2 or 3 sessions in the gym as my neck is now better. Probably should add some more cardio in there, but will get through this week first and then see where I can add some in.
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 15:08

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 185/180/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Demi,
I had a couple of lazy days this week too and now it's back to business. I have to get back to my double workouts each day instead of letting my lazy brain think I don't need my a.m. workout if I'm going to a p.m. session. NOT!
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 09:11

BF:

A good Supple Strength class today although I can feel that I'm not as flexible as I was a month ago - my own fault I'm afraid - not doing enough during the holiday period

Anyway, that is now being remedied and I'm hoping to be back to normal very soon, and then even more so!