Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-26-20, 07:32

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Is NOOM a VEGAN FRONT?

Hmm. Probably not but, well, I don't know...

Anyone on this plan?

https://web.noom.com/blog/2019/06/a...-loss-approach/
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-26-20, 12:53

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123

Anyone on this plan?

I keep seeing ads for Noom popping up everywhere I go online these days. I was curious about what it entailed but there seemed to be no way to get details without signing up for their plan which I definitely had no intention of doing. So apparently offer a vegan option but I'm pretty such from hints I picked up that there are other choices - seems to be typical low fat/low cal type stuff though, the sort of diet designed to tank your metabolism the longer you stay on it. 1200 calories/day on a regular basis will definitely slow you body down. I have days where I don't eat a whole lot more than 1200 calories, but I balance them with days of higher calories and days of fasting. Have to keep that body guessing,
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-26-20, 14:06

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I experience endless NOOM ads on Fios tv. Did look online at their website......looked like another fad diet. grin.

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Wed, May-27-20 at 13:54.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-26-20, 14:48

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123

Anyone on this plan?

Just reading this low-cal low-fat low-protein low-taste "food plan" made me feel hungry. About half the time I eat only 1-2 meals totalling ~1200 calories (and more on other days), but they are full of satiating fat and protein, not five mini-meals/day of rabbit food.

The ads suggest that Noom is based on a "different mindset" - anti-meat propaganda?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-26-20, 17:27

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Cultish? Noom spelled backwards is Moon. Moonies? Bears watching. They talk about culture and teams (workers), and is that in an environment that welcomes diverse ideas and skeptics as part of a healthy culture? Bears watching. Nowhere could I find a prescription of what constitutes a healthy lifestyle related to food or diet or activity, only behavior traits that are encouraged. Interesting. The blogs go into more detail with best frozen foods. Right? Looks very plant-based other than the frozen chicken with black beans. Not that there's anything wrong with it . . . . . .
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-27-20, 08:05

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Here's the thread where some of us discussed it:

https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=483150
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-28-20, 05:14

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

thanks for all the interesting responses.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-28-20, 11:50

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
Just reading this low-cal low-fat low-protein low-taste "food plan" made me feel hungry. About half the time I eat only 1-2 meals totalling ~1200 calories (and more on other days), but they are full of satiating fat and protein, not five mini-meals/day of rabbit food.
Exactly, my eating for this Tuesday came to 1234 calories, two meals eaten in a 6-hour eating window.

Lunch was pork rind waffles (sounds horrible until I tried it and now I love it!) pork rinds crushed in the Ninja, mixed with two eggs and a 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon, and cooked in my mini Dash waffle makers, makes two. Served with 1/2 cup blueberries and freshly whipped cream. Yum, 664 calories

Dinner was a package of Miracle Noodle angel hair pasta topped with some sugar-free spaghetti sauce and grated parmesan cheese, along with two sauteed Aidell chicken sausages. 551 calories

Net carbs 24.9g, protein 80.7g, fat 84.1g. (the remaining 20 calories came from my pot of Crio Bru at breakfast.) And boy I felt completely STUFFED with those meals. Those little mini meals of rabbit food would have me in tears, crying for more.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-28-20, 13:21

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
Lunch was pork rind waffles (sounds horrible until I tried it and now I love it!) pork rinds crushed in the Ninja, mixed with two eggs and a 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon, and cooked in my mini Dash waffle makers, makes two. Served with 1/2 cup blueberries and freshly whipped cream. Yum, 664 calories

Sounds delicious.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-18-21, 11:38
~writes for Him~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/120/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Late to this conversation, but if you do a search of Noom reviews you won't ever give them your credit card info.