Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 14:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitnik29
Hi,

I am new and am starting the Ultimate New York body plan tomorrow (David Kirsch's radical PSMF). I want to go down a couple of dress sizes for a modelling competition this summer.

Wish me luck!

Good luck and keep us updated. If you need support make sure to PM or post to us!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 15:50
Registered Member

Stats: 158/149/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hey all! I began today and WOW, that workout is tough! I can't wait to get the video to make sure I am doing it correctly. I couldn't even finish all of the reps noted. I enjoyed it though and really felt like I was working hard. I ran 4 miles for my cardio as well. I just hope this works!

Oh, and again, I"m posting the calorie question. Anyone add theirs up? And Groovejock, do you eat more because you are male? I'm not complaining or anything, but I figured the calories to be around 800-900. Is that too much or too little or just right? Jenniferni and Wing - you've done great on this - any thoughts or advice? Thanks again for everyone's support - it will keep me accountable and motivated to finish!
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 08:56
Registered Member

Stats: 185/180/115 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Starting TODAY!

Hi everyone,

I posted on this thread for the first time a few days ago inquiring about the plan and experiences as of yet. I just got the book, read it last night. It is such an awesome plan. I can't wait to see the results.

So I started this morning. I bought some good protein powder and can't wait for my workout this evening.

Even though I'm just starting I feel so supported knowing that so many of you are doing this at the same time.

Wish me luck! Any tips or thoughts are always appreciated.

Jen
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 12:17

Plan: BFL
Stats: 185/182/135 Female 5'7"
BF:32.4
Progress: 6%
Default nervous

I am nervous about starting, because my instinct previously has always been that if I am struggling getting to that last rep to just give up and take a break. I know I can push myself, my body is MUCH more capable that what I have been pushing it to do.

My weakness is not going to be the nutrition, I have even done 14 day fat flush, if you can make it thru that and be that specific I KNOW I can do this. I know right now my upper body is very weak, but its the mental part of all of this that is holding me back. My emotions are getting in the way. My past failures is holding me back. The scientist in me sees this and says look who has done this, you are 29 and can do it too. But I keep thinking this isn't REALLY possible, or that I will just regain it all a week later like I always do, or just simply I can't do it.

For those who have stuck through the program, or have just started and have done 1-1.5 hours, what are some techniques you have used to get yourself through it all?

I know that once I start the 14 week I will need to keep going. I have a tendency to start something and give up and not complete. I don't want that to happen and I know if I start and give up at any point in the 2 weeks I probably will not return, and I KNOW deep in my heart this is the plan that will work for me.

I have seen a lot of programs, read just about every one out there, and own just about every video you have heard about. And this is NOTHING like ANYTHING else. It is truly amazing, and the results seem to be as well. But it really IS hardcore and I don't want to put anything less than all of me into this or I think I will never get thru the 14 days as I should and that is really what I need.
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 13:15
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hi all! day 2 and very sore from yesterday (which means I must have done something right, eh?) Triciahall - you can do this! I am in the same boat as you. For the past 2 years, I have been struggling to get back down to my college weight, but like you, I have a tendency to give up and switch plans a zillion times over (and with a big binge in between plans, causing even more weight gain) - Together, we can get through 2 weeks - I know it! I also worry about what will happen when I do successfully complete the program. Will i gain it back? Should I go back to Atkins? Or worse, I fear that it won't even work. But this site is helping so much - we can do this! Good luck and best wishes - we owe it to ourselves!

PS - still wondering about the number of calories you all are eating, and then when you finish (Jenniferni, wing, groovejock) how many do you eat in maintenance? Have a great day all!
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 14:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful15

PS - still wondering about the number of calories you all are eating, and then when you finish (Jenniferni, wing, groovejock) how many do you eat in maintenance? Have a great day all!

I noticed my first time around that my calories were too low for a guy. Following the recipes in the book, I clocked about 1200 a day (using Fitday)
This time around I hit about 1800 a day and feel so much better. The first time around I felt "cracked out" (ie like I was hung over, partied to hard, etc..)
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 14:44

Plan: New york body plan
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5-9
BF:
Progress: 40%

I am not sure how many calories I consume but it feels like enough. I am past the 2 weeks but I still follow what David says = I usually have a shake and egg whites in the am, a big lunch like turkey chili plus another shake in the afternoon and a small dinner (turkey or fish with a veggie). I may have to incorporate something sweet - sugar free pudding or something! But, if I had to guess - I would say 900 calories per day.
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 14:50
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

wing and groovejock - thanks a lot for your response - helps me to ensure I am on track. Yesterday I was a bit thrown off and only had 4 "meals" and I totaled about 745 - that seems a little low for all the exercise, but today should be more around 900. I eat lots of lettuce to feel full! Thanks again! Today is day 2 and I ran 4 miles and did some steps and then the assigned ab workout. It wasn't too difficult (which my body was happy with after yesterday!) I hope my video comes soon though, because I am not sure I am doing each exercise correctly. Take care!
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 15:25
Registered Member

BF:
Default menu from today

I was hoping I could get some thoughts on my menu from today. It is day 1. I wasn't able to make one of David's recipes so I baked my own meals for the next 2 days. This weekend I will buy some ingredients in order to make some good dishes.

What does everyone think...

Br: 3 egg whites, hard boiled with pinch of salt
Sn: 1 serving of Isopure Zero Carb protein mix
L: Chicken breast w/ sliced tomato, 2 tblsp of mustard, baked asparagus w/ Pam spray
Sn: 1 serving of protein mix
Dn: Chicken breast w/ sliced tomato, 2 tblsp of mustard, sauteed spinach w/ Pam spray and garlic

I plan to run 4 miles and do the cardio sculpting tonight.

Any thoughts?
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 22:15

Plan: BFL
Stats: 185/182/135 Female 5'7"
BF:32.4
Progress: 6%
Default When to start

I have a big trip in 3 weeks. Here is my dilemna, I can start in 1 week and be ready for the trip giving myself a couple days after the 14 days before we leave, or I can start a couple days after I get back.

The trip is a ski trip we take every year to Colorado. I would like to enojoy the trip as I have every other year. That means I am going to be very good by eating healthy during the day, but at night would mean drinks and unheathly food.

My concern is that the 14 day plan would be great for right before the trip, and I would look good, but I don't know how badly a whole weekend of partying will be right after a strict regimen and excercise schedule will be.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
  #86   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 07:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/161/125 Female 5'5
BF:29%
Progress: 35%

Hi guys! Done my masters and on day 3....except for on problem. Had 3 drinks last night (bad girl!) 2 rums and diet cokes and one low carb beer. I still lost...a lot. It's crazy. I think part of it was that i was binge eating right due to stress so my body wants to get rid of this weight. I was the highest (before 2 days ago) weight that i had been since 3rd year undergrad when i was studying in Ireland and drinking beer 3x a week. I didn't want to mess up by drinking but friends wanted to go out and celebrate my finishing school. So back on track today. The work outs are SOOO hard...i can't do all of them with proper form so i've had to modify a couple (like the spiderman push up- what the heck!!!). I have decided to stick to this plan until i'm down to 130 again and then back on atkins for the rest because this plan is way too hard to stick to. The shakes make me nausious. I wish you could use milk to make them. Darn those carbs. I'm also drinking at least 3 green teas a day...
okay i know it's water weight but tuesday (afternoon)when i weighed myself i was 150 and i weighed myself this morning on the same scale (3 days into the program) i'm at 142. I was 145 yesterday morning. I really need this because lets just say that the pajamas i'm wearing at TOO TIGHT! Good luck everyone. I'm glad that we have this thread. I just wanted to share that with everyone.
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 07:44

Plan: Ultimate New York Body Pl
Stats: 156.5/150.5/136 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi all - Beginning day 14 and total weight loss to date = 13.5 lbs! I'm amazed, but it's true - down from a size 12 to a size 8. Groovejack & all you others who have finished the 2 weeks - what did you do on day 15? I'm taking a break from the gym for the day, and I plan to drink coffee all day long, but I'm almost afraid to eat. I still have more to lose, and I'm concerned that the "maintenance" on this plan is just that. Did you continue to lose more, or did you modify David's maintenance plan by adding more gym time? I'm considering Body for Life - anyone else do the same?
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 07:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/161/125 Female 5'5
BF:29%
Progress: 35%

Good question...I personally plan to go back to atkins induction to keep the momentum up...with of course a few modifications like coffee that first day. I know you are supposed to take at least that day off from the gym. I'm not really familiar with body for life. I know it's an exercise book....you won't get the same results from the workouts if they are too similar to the NYBP....the trick is to constantly push your body and try new ways to do so because it really doesn't take long before it becomes accustomed to these routines. I say go for it. After your huge success you could probably use a day off and then jump right into the next program so you don't lose momentum. Just don't expect the same quick results or you will become depressed and want to quit.
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 08:08

[QUOTE=newmommie] Groovejack & all you others who have finished the 2 weeks - what did you do on day 15?
QUOTE]

Honestly, I have a nice dinner-anything I want and then its back to Atkins, watching calories. I do this for two weeks and them NYBP for two weeks. As for workouts, I stick to cardio every other day and do the core program 2 days a week.

Tonight I am having Dreamfeilds pasta with Salmon Sauce. YUMMM!!

One more thing, DO NOT EAT THE CHEAT MEAL IF YOU KNOW IT WILL MAKE YOU BINGE! IT IS NOT WORTH IT, HAVE A NICE FATTY STEAK INSTEAD!

Good Luck..
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 09:39
Registered Member

BF:
Default questions about maintenance

Hi all,

I know I'm jumping ahead of myself considering I just started this program but when you do move past the 14 day program, I'm worried about doing an Atkins Induction with the higher fat content. I wonder how your body would injest all of that fat.

Groovejock, did you add dairy/cheese back in to your diet once you cycled off the NYBP diet? Just curious if any increases in calories led to weight gain.

I also bought David's Sound Mind, Sound Body book and have started reading that. It seems as though that might be a good transition beyond maintenance. Has any else read that?