Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 10:49

Plan: BFL
Stats: 185/182/135 Female 5'7"
BF:32.4
Progress: 6%
Default bfl

newmommie,

Right now I am doing BFL before I start the core part. I'm basically doing the pre-core excercise portion 4 days a week, and cardio on the in between days, and the BFL nutrition (check out the internet site, it has all the info but basically 6 meals a day, 1 portion=fist, so do 1 portion of good carbs/1 portion of lean protein, 2 of the meals you should add 1 portion of vegetables). And 10 glasses of water a day. I try for 12 if I can, but never less than 8.

I still can't get into the early morning workouts just yet. I do really well in the eve though.

In 2 weeks on BFL I have lost at least 5 lb. According to my home scale is been 8 lb and not quite 2 weeks. I realize 1st 5 lb is water weight but its a start and I'm able to stick with it, Also the pre-core I am seeing some results already and hasn't been a full week on that either!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 14:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/149/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi all! Just wanted to report that I'm on day 4 and so far, I've been nearly perfect - (had coffee 1 day) Oh, and do you think you can eat too many veggies? (nothing on them) I've done all of the exercising sections so far ( a little tough but it's great) However, I haven't weighed myself. I'm afraid too. If I step on and haven't lost, I'll get upset and quit. I know me. I like going by my clothes, but so far, they all fit the same. I think I lost a little in my arms and stomach, but I've got a huge butt and legs that I hope will follow. Do you think I'm doing something wrong that I haven't lost many inches? Again, it's only mid day 4. Maybe I will weigh myself but i'm scared.

I am also interested in those who have done this and gone back to Atkins. That is what I planned to do, but I fear the higher fat and calories. For the past 3 days, I've only logged about 850 calories....I'm not that hungry, but do you think I should eat more? On Atkins, I normally ate around 1400.

Oh, how I hate after a few days in, i start to self - doubt. Motivate me please! I'm not afraid to stay on the program...I ican do it...i'm just afraid that it won't work. (i've been up and down in my weight more times than i'll admit and fear that my body is getting back at me and won't drop the weight ever again...)
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 15:31
Registered Member

Stats: 185/180/115 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Motivation!

Hi Hopeful,

I wanted to offer you a few words of motivation! You should be so proud of yourself that you are already 4 days into this program. This is an intense 2 week ordeal to do and you are already determined enough to make it through perfectly. Who cares about the coffeee! It has helped you push forward. I understand the self-doubt stage...I think a lot of people experience that, especially if you don't have an exorberant amount of weight to lose. I think we are very similar in stats. I am weighing in right at 149 right now I think. I have fluctuated with my unhealthy eating choices and hope to get in to the 120's. Please keep yourself focused...once you reach 7 days I would definitely suggest a weigh-in or take some measurements. You might be very surprised! If you aren't...give it the 14 days. From what we have read on this thread, there are too many people losing pounds and inches! Plus, it seems there is a great change just in how strong you feel and how good you feel. Think of that when you want to cheat or have a 2nd cup of coffee.

Good luck! We should definitely keep in touch.

I'm actually re-starting tomorrow after 1 day on. I came down with a nasty stomach bug and plan to start fresh tomorrow (Saturday).
  #94   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 16:14
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

jdouglass - thank you so much for the motivation! I really needed it! You've convinced me to trek ahead further. I'll keep it up! My stats are wrong (how do you change that???) I am still at 158 - i had lost down to 148 but blew it over the holidays and went up to (aaahhh..higest ever of 164)...dropped a few this past month. I would give anything to be under 135 and toned! Yes, we should definitely keep in touch!
  #95   ^
Old Fri, Jan-28-05, 19:15
Registered Member

BF:

Hopeful15,

I'm so happy to hear that your thoughts have turned positive for today. I know how easy it is to convince yourself that this isn't working, I should just try something else, lets start tomorrow, etc...It's crazy isn't it!

Well, be glad that day 4 is done and now you're on to day 5.

Tomorrow will be day 1 for me. For some reason I feel like this is going to be success for me. We can do anything for 14 days! Once you get past 2 weeks, your habits have formed and the results will be a constant motivation! I'm also training for a half marathon right now which is in 6 weeks so I'm hoping the cardio sculpting will help kick my stamina in gear as well on top of the running. I just need to make sure I have adequate calories!

Keep in touch Hopeful! I hope your day ends well.
  #96   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 11:07

Plan: Ultimate New York Body
Stats: 128/128/114 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Jdouglass, I'm starting today as well...drinking a shake right now. I can't say I'm too fond of it; I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it. I bought EAS Myoplex Carb Sense. I know it doesn't have perfect protein according to D. Kirsch but I wanted to start today so I took what they had at GNC that seemed to match the ingredients the closest.

The diet is going to be the hardest part for me. I think I'll be checking in with you all for encouragement.
  #97   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 11:30
Registered Member

BF:

hi giulia,

i hope the start of day 1 is going well. i just finished some egg whites with red bell peppers. i actually have a longrun of 8 miles today so i added 1 egg yolk to help with my energy. hopefully that won't deter the effects too much.

upon return it's time for a protein shake and then a big lunch.

good luck today! i know the diet seems tough and extreme but we can support each other for the next 2 weeks. you can do anything for 2 weeks! just think of how much stronger you will be.
  #98   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 12:19

Stats: 120/120/109 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi guys,

so glad to hear everyone is doing so well...my first actual day was today day 1. I have the video and i think that it is great. It's actually not that much harder than when i was trying to work out with the book. David kind of makes the time go by alittle quicker and he's motivating to me...so i can't wait for the results. Now today however i woke up at 10 am from such a long week of 14 hour days at work..i needed to get some sleep today...in this case how do i go about drinking the shake and having my lunch? I woke up didn't drink my shake right away instead i went right to working out and wasn't done until about noon. so i had my shake and my egg whites for breakfast...so i don't know how to work my eating schedule from there....it just kind of throws everything off and i want to be able to eat enough to lose fat and weight...anyone have any input on this??? i need help...

But i encourage you guys to get the video...i think its great.
  #99   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 14:43
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hi all! Welcome fitgal! Today is day 5 and I ran 4 miles plus some stairs and the ab exercises. I was completely burnt out! My muscles have never been more sore and usually I can run 4 miles without blinking, but I actually had to walk. So my question is for JDouglass... How do you do it? I was so excited to hear you were a runner - it's awesome about your 1/2 marathon. I used to run a LOT more (many 5 and 10 K's and one each of a 1/2 and a full marathon) Anyway, I was injured and gained weight and didn't run for awhile. To make a long story short, I WANT to run more but I also want to lose weight. How do you have the energy and muscle power? I feel totally depleted. I eat around 850-900 calories on this diet and 1200 on Atkins but feel so much stronger when I eat carbs and run...do you eat any carbs before a long run? Will my body eventually get used to it? I am running a 5K next Sunday (the first race in 2 years!) and feel I am not training properly because of no carbs and low cal. I did notice that my pants were slightly loser today (still refuse to weigh) and that is encouraging, but I REALLY want to be a "runner" again... Any advice? Keep up the great work with your training! Where are you running your 1/2? Have a great day!
  #100   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 16:58
Registered Member

BF:
Default running question

Hi Hopeful!

I'm so happy to hear that you completed not only day 5 on this diet but 4 miles plus more work and abs! Congratulations! That is fantastic!

To answer your questions..a little background...I've been on a low-carb regime on and off for years. I tend to do really well, fall off and then "reward" my behavior with days worth of eating nothing but crap. It's a nasty cycle but I am at a point where I am feeling stronger with my runs which leads me to want to be a healthful eater. Lowcarb naturally...that is the type of diet where I actually feel more energized!

Now, I started running regularly last April. I was at about 163 then and desperately wanted to lose weight, train and run a marathon in the fall. I lost almost 20 lbs just by running and eating somewhat of a low carb diet. It was more similar to maintenance on Atkins. Suddenly I was injured...I couldn't run and sometimes I could barely get to the gym. My training was off and I put on about 3-5 lbs. Now I am back in to training and working very hard at getting a healthy perspective on eating.

I find that this program will be a bit intensive with the low calories. I am certainly going to do things by the book but if I find myself starving, if my runs are affected or if I feel positively depleted...then darnit, I'm going to add more veggies or add a bit more fish to my meal during the day. My approach is balance...yes, I want to lose another 20-30 lbs but I also want to complete my half marathon in 6 weeks (it's in Boston actually). I will not sacrifice my training in order to lose extra weight. I will push harder during runs, harder during the cardio sculpt and be watchful on my diet according to David's recommendations.

Now that was a mouthful! I understand your frustrations with beginning a running progam again. Just remember...during the first week or two, your body will be screaming at you! It will hurt to run, your stamina might feel weak but if you push through, listen to your body and rest if needed you will be very surprised with the results. The body is an amazing machine..it will adapt to whatever you put it through. I remember when running 2 miles took all I had to complete. Now, 8 miles felt good today. Stamina wise...you will get there! Just stay positive and look to others for advice and support.

I hope this helps! You are doing a fantastic job Hopeful! Everyone on this site is doing wonderful! It is very motivating for me.

Take care! Sorry to ramble so much.
  #101   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-05, 18:51
Registered Member

Plan: Lean For Life
Stats: 151.4/140.4/125 Female 63 inches
BF:34%/25%/20%
Progress: 42%
Thumbs up

i congratulate u on your progress-good job-
  #102   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-05, 07:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/161/125 Female 5'5
BF:29%
Progress: 35%

I have a question...how many scoops of the protein should we be having? I'm around 140lbs. I tried looking online and it doesn't say in the book. Should i assume one scoop? That's what i've been doing. Is this right? Oh, and has anyone found a shake that comes closest to his nutritional suggestions? I only realised today that the one i'm using doesn't have any fiber in it. I guess i could add it (yuck). Thanks!
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 05:34

Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

I use 2 scoops per serving which gives me 40 grams per shake. I also add 1 tablespoon of flax oil as David suggests.

I recently bought some Stawberry ISOPURE to go along with my Ductch Cocolate. Helps keep the shakes interesting in the morning. I even mix 1 scoop of each.

Anyone notice how sweet the ISOPURE is when you dont consume anything else? weird
  #104   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 06:17

Stats: 120/120/109 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Goodmorning all!

Well, i had a question...i don't know if any of you have had the Designer Whey Protein??? Is it still ok to use??? I have two tubs of them and would hate to waste it and after that i would go and purchase the Isopure.

Thanks

fitgal
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 07:10

Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgal
Goodmorning all!

Well, i had a question...i don't know if any of you have had the Designer Whey Protein??? Is it still ok to use??? I have two tubs of them and would hate to waste it and after that i would go and purchase the Isopure.

Thanks

fitgal

Looks fine to me if this is what you are using.
Designer Whey