Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Plan comparison
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 17:12
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 255.5/244.7/148
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Thin for Life

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this..but I was wondering if anyone has tried the Thin for Life eating plan? I have been on it for less than 2 weeks and have lost more than I did in 3 months on Adkins this last time. It seems consistent w/other low carb plans, but there is more structure. You are allowed 20-50 carbs a day. It is low fat and the choices of protien and veggies are more limited. You also must eat 3 fruits a day..the lower carb ones. It includes 3 protien snacks a day plus 3 meals. Break: 1 protien, 1 fruit or 1 grain, bev; Lunch: 1 protien, 2-3 cups of torn lettuce, 1 serving veggies, 1 fruit, Dinner: same as lunch. Each week you do a protien day..3 meals and 3 snacks from protien list. Also can choose low carb/high protien bars and drinks. 80-100 oz. water. Goal is to get into ketosis and stay. Keep daily records. It would be great if there were others who were on the program on this site. They have a web site but I miss this one. I need the support offered here. Feedback is welcome. Feel my body was not responding to Adkins this time and I did not want to go another year gaining instead of losing. I believe low carb is the only way I can lose and keep it off. Not sure how this will work in long run but hopeful.. any feedback will be appreciated. Can't wait to read the different boards to see how everybody has been doing. Doreen, the meat days remind me of when you went on Stillman. Sorry I am so long winded today. I've missed you guys.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 23:47
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Sandy,

Good for you, you have found a low-carb plan that works for you!

Would you be willing to write a brief review following this format:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=13898

It will be a valuable addition to our low-carb plans summary page and very informative to newbiews trying to decide which plan to follow:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-a...lans/index.html

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 20:31
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 255.5/244.7/148
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default tamarian

I would love to write a review. I am a little concerned as there is a fee for the kit, ($100) which includes a pedomoter, a workbook an access card to the WEB site and audio tapes. I would have to give general info as I would guess there might be some reprecussions if I give too much detail. Maybe I can contact the company and have a representative guide me. My contact person is a woman I work with and she has lost 45#'s in 2 months. Thanks for responding. I will see what I can do.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-02, 18:12

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello Sandy

I just bought the book at the local book store. I am sure you can write a review if you want, as the book is as available as the other plans.

Is "Thin for Life" the plan which is sold on the nightly shopping channel ? I allways wondered which LC Plan that one is.

I only just started reading mine. So I am not so sure if I like it yet or not.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-02, 20:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/159/135
BF:
Progress: 37%

Is this the same as the Lean for Life diet? I have this book, but I have not heard of Thin for Life.

Marsha