Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1831   ^
Old Mon, Apr-06-09, 15:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/230/150 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 45%

Geraldine, what is Judd?
I do Atkins low carb and am doing real good with it.
Sponsored Links
  #1832   ^
Old Tue, Apr-07-09, 07:25
Registered Member

Stats: 200/200/115 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Judd

Dr. Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet. I used to do Atkins. Took me 8 months to loose 15 pounds. On JUDD most people loose 1-2 lbs a week. One day you eat regular (Up Day) the next day around 500 calories (Down Day). That's it. On the Dr. Johnson Up Day Down Day website there is a calculator that lets you know how many calories you can eat on your up day. It's all about calories - not carbs. By doing this alternate day partial fast you activate your SIRT1 gene that speeds up your metabolism. If you go to Low Carb Friends.com there is a support group there for diet plans Other than Low Carb. Just go to Other and scroll down until you get to JUDD. We all love it. People can tweak with JUDD and do low carb and JUDD, but Dr. Johnson says it isn't necessary. The people who are hypothyroid feel they do need to do low carb and JUDD together. We have a great support group on that thread.
  #1833   ^
Old Wed, Apr-08-09, 11:52

Stats: 295/230/150 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:

I am sorry I did not know that already, really feel dumb now. I have heard of a diet plan like that but never knew what the name of it was.
I do Atkins and have done really well with it so I am sticking to what is working for me. But I was just curious of what JUDD was, thats all.

Hope you have a nice Easter. God bless.
  #1834   ^
Old Thu, Apr-09-09, 12:44
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I hope you have a nice Easter also. I hope you enjoy Atkins and you continue to do well with it.
  #1835   ^
Old Thu, Apr-09-09, 15:11

Plan: LowCarb
Stats: 259/213.6/159 Female 64 in
BF:

Hi! My name is Kelly and I'm a Christian too! I'm a 33 year olf Wife/ Mother of 2 sons ages 12 and 11. We homeschool too. I'm just restarting my Atkins plan today...after I went off course since December. I was down to 201 and today I'm starting out at 217. But I'm encouraged and I know what I have to do...and the best part is I'm gonna do it!
  #1836   ^
Old Sun, Apr-12-09, 10:26
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hi Kelly,

I hope you do well with this woe (way of eating). My son is in Bible College now, but I used to home school one day a week. The other 4 days he went to Christian school. You must be very busy with homeschooling. The Lord will reward you for your efforts.
  #1837   ^
Old Fri, Jun-19-09, 19:50

Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbk9...player_embedded

This 15 minute video is worth your time. Trust me...
  #1838   ^
Old Fri, Jun-19-09, 19:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly33
Hi! My name is Kelly and I'm a Christian too! I'm a 33 year olf Wife/ Mother of 2 sons ages 12 and 11. We homeschool too. I'm just restarting my Atkins plan today...after I went off course since December. I was down to 201 and today I'm starting out at 217. But I'm encouraged and I know what I have to do...and the best part is I'm gonna do it!

Hi Kelly!

Well, a belated hi anyway...I was in Indianapolis a few weekends ago. Well, actually we drove through on the way to and from Louisville KY... One of these days I have to stop and spend some more time there...
  #1839   ^
Old Sat, Jun-20-09, 11:20
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

I enjoyed the video - thanks for posting!
  #1840   ^
Old Sun, Jun-28-09, 18:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFriend
I enjoyed the video - thanks for posting!

I liked it too...my brother in law said it was to corny and he wasn't going to sit through the whole thing...ah well. Glad you liked it!

#1841   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-09, 07:40

Stats: 280/000/165 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 243%
Default I am back

I lost 120 pounds using Atkins back in 2004. Along the road I had a glitch and have put some of the weight back on. Make a long story short I fell off the wagon when my husband was sick. He passed away in March of 2008. Enough time has elapsed that I am ready to get back on track.

I never should have given in to his suggestion of getting ice cream on on particularly stressful day. That was my undoing.

I do not need to be depressed about what I weigh so I am going to get back on track and follow the program and one day will get brave and actually weigh myself.

Please say a prayer for me to not lose focus and to regain the success I had last time.

thanks.
  #1842   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-09, 14:10

Stats: 289/274/150 Female 5'2"
BF:It sure is!!
Progress: 11%

Hi, Came here to find other Christian lowcarbers for support. I am a little over a week into it. I am down 7 pounds. I am exercising for the first time in many years.

Karen - I am glad that you are starting over. It sounds as if you are letting God help you back from a rough few years. Cling to Him and He will give you the strength to overcome. Praying for you.
  #1843   ^
Old Wed, Jul-22-09, 14:30

Plan:
Stats: 180/180/180 Female
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello friends, I have been on the forum a while but just found this thread. I hope to stop back in from time to time to share.

((((hugs)))

Cathleen
  #1844   ^
Old Fri, Jul-24-09, 01:55

Plan:
Stats: 180/180/180 Female
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello again, friends! How is everyone doing? I am holding my own and thanking God for helping me continue on this way of eating. I am so excited that within a couple of weeks I will be under 250 pounds for the first time in a long long time. I know it is only numbers ... but it means a lot to me.

Sending lots of prayers and ((((hugs))) to you.

Cathleen
  #1845   ^
Old Fri, Jul-24-09, 07:17

Stats: 280/000/165 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 243%

Well I am hanging in there . I still have not faced the facts and gotten on a scale yet. I am guessing I have gained about about 30 of the 120 opounds I lost when I did this the last time, just based on how the clothes fit.

I have no need to get depressed so I am avoiding the scales for now. I have been back on track with my food choices for about two and a half weeks now.

I dug my old Atkins books out of the drawer so I can be strict with counting my carbs and going back to induction levels. The weight loss in the beginning for me last time was good so I hope to see some changes soon.

It helps that I am dating someone who accepts me at my current size. I always had trouble losing weight if it was tied to getting someone elses approval. While my husband was alive he loved me fat or thin and so when I lost the weight initially I knew I didn't have to lose weight to have him love me. I have been dating a man not for almost six months. He accepts me at the current weight so I am not doing this for anyone but myself.

I pray that I start to see some results soon so that I can be brave and get back on the scales.
Have a great day!