Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-18, 12:12

Plan: atkins..paleo later
Stats: 182/173/154 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi blueowl, welcome, I'm in england, started on Atkinson a few years back, lost weight to where I felt comfy, maintained it about 3 years effortlessly on paleo. Started caring for mum 24/6, comfort ate, put weight back on, starting over again!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jan-03-18, 17:10
Registered Member

Plan: Diet Doctor lchf/Keto
Stats: 265/248/154 Female 5ft 6 ins
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks Hallyth!! Great to have company along the way. And also to share knowledge on who sells what that is good for our chosen WOE. Alas we don't have Morrisons over here, or Aldi, just dear mr Tesco or Lidls (as mentioned). I've just realised that I hoyed the remains of the lamb leg in the food recycle container and had meant to keep it for making a broth... oh well, next time! Ah, my fellow comfort eater.. its a bummer isn't it. I think we can blame the cortisol/stress for throwing us off. Can't remember all the science of it but I believe that being under stress releases cortisol which in turn makes us crave fat and sugar and if, like me, you have a sugar addiction, then that sends you on a downward spiral like a shot pigeon. Pretty much how it works. As a seasoned long term yo yo dieter I have a head full of useless info but no results to show for it. Will be good having a travelling companion. Will have a look at paleo to see how that works too. Am comfortable enough with keto/lc but will be adding IF as well along the way to help things along. Really HATE taking blood pressure meds so that it part of the goal - get rid of them asap.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-18, 08:44

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Happy New Year everyone. I just discovered that Iceland sell frozen avocado halves (not bad!) and frozen fillets of WILD pink salmon.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-18, 09:21

BF:

Frozen abocado??? Not sure I can imagine that! Use able to just eat as normal, or just good for guacamole type things?
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-18, 15:18
Registered Member

BF:

Sounds an interesting concept, will perhaps have a look at them. Thanks for the tip.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Feb-07-18, 07:37

BF:

Aldi are having a limited stock offer on organic cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil, £3.99 for a 500 ml jar.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-18, 14:04

Plan: Keto
Stats: 112/112/112 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:

Hi All

Wow nice to see all the replies, how's everyone getting on?

I've had my ups and downs, still don't have any real life support, most people think I'm mad for eating fat!

Been plodding along with following blogs, youtube, twitter etc. Have a few low carb GP's I follow on twitter, a previous poster mentioned a few earlier in the thread, which is good..so it not all American! Unfortunately none of them are local to me. Dr Unwin has been recently tweeting the effects certain foods have on his blood sugar, which has been interesting.

Ive been alternating between Tesco, Ocado and Lidl for shooping as they each otffer good things. I get my almond flour from Ocado, its still £9.99 but better than the Holland and Barrett one which 'may contain gluten' and it does last a while, I only really use it to make almond bread and pancakes every so often.

I think low carb is becoming alot more talked about as more and more doctors are coming out saying we have been told the wrong advice for so long.

I'd love to go to some of these low carb cruises/conferences!
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Mar-05-18, 14:17

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 233.2/220/154 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Local Groups?

Hi, I am wondering if there are any local groups or networks of people? I am in North Yorkshire and know one other person in the area ... how about everyone else? Is there a network or can we get one going?
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Mar-06-18, 03:02

BF:

I'm in leicestershire, though born in yorkshire & schooled in north yorkshire.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-18, 04:31
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Yorkramble... i'm over in N Ireland but lived in the Dales in Grinton (nr Richmond) for 9 years. I'm guessing you are over towards York more from you name? You're right though... we are few and far between at the moment although they are slowing coming round. Was listening to Dr Jason Fung last night on Fasting and thinking how crazy it is that we could be sorted so easily and quickly on the diabetes front by doing either a full fast or IF for a while. It costs nothing - we save money too lol. But people are still being given all the wrong information. Good to meet you though. I think this is probably the best network for the moment however.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-18, 07:10

BF:

Are we leading the world in low carb Easter?

Spotted in Booths supermarket, a Cheaster egg, an oval shaped mature cheddar. And DH found a Blacksticks, blue cheese Easter egg, but this came with chutney and crackers.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-18, 07:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 262/180/162 Female 5ft 6.5inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Thanks ambulo for the link

I have been a low carber since 2004, at my lowest I had lost 7 stone, unfortunately due to the dreaded menopause (and life) I gained back about 2 stone but am reasonably ok with that. Tho what woman wouldn’t want to lose a stone lol

Nice to meet you all