Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 08:12

Plan: General
Stats: 170.6/170.6/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up 30 LBS By Sept!!!

Well my birthday is September 1st and I would like to loose 30 lounds by then...If I dont OK, BUT I am really really going to push myself to try to make the goal.....I would love for anyone to join me that would like to.....It always helps to have a buddy or two....I would like to start with a strict 2 week induction...I am currently on day 2 but will stay a little longer on it for anyone that wants to start clean within the next couple of days....

Anyone that needs some support as well as an occassional kick in the rear, and anyone that is willing to give back the same is totally welcome to join me.
I would like for anyone that joins me to post current stats and goal weight, as well as current pic that will be updated once a month, so actually pics would be poste dnow, then again on June 1st, July, Aug. Ending with Sept.

Look forward to meeting alot of you and losing with alot of you.....

I wanna be a BIG LOSER when I grow up!!! LOL
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 09:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:

mines is sept 18th....i think your plan sounds good but the thing is i dont know if i could post pics every month cuz i dont take pics that often...but i will try to do it though...

as of today i am 256...so far i have lost 23 pounds...ive been on and off atkins sin jan 5, 2005.. right now im on meat and eggs/induction...i plan on staying on induction for a while..and i will have a photo and weight picture for you on monday
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 09:12

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Well hi there again! I'm game for kicking weight to the curb. I'll need to get batterys for the cam to post a newer pic but no problem. Though my last pic is pretty current.
I seem to lose like a turtle this time around though!
I'd like to be back at goal by sept!

Do you want to post daily menus? I'm on day 2 induction also.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 13:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/163/130 Female 62 inches
BF:42%/35%/20%
Progress: 20%

Hi everyone! I need to join a challenge and losing 30lbs. is exactly what I need to do! I have lost 7lbs total to date. I'm currently 164 and would like to be in the 130's by September. I need all the support I can get. Looking forward to the challenge!

Amy
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 13:40
Low Carbing Diva

Stats: 315/296/250 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

I'm in if you'll have me. My wedding anniversary is Sept 4th and I would love a slimmer me to show off with. If I lose 30lbs i'd should weight around 240 and that would be great. Are we going to have weigh in days? Just so I can know when to post a change.

Here are my pictures. We'll see if there is a difference in a month.

Bernice
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 13:42

Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:

for the record i think after may im only gonna weigh myself once a month...so if its weekly just know i only can do a month
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 23:53

BF:
Cool Hello Everyone!!!

Everyone's invited to join....If you want to lose lbs thats what we are here for....I weigh myself only on Mondays but if everyone wants a different day that we can weigh in as a team then by all means we can do that too.....I would like this challenge to be strict but also to lend support to anyone that needs it.....Today is my 3rd day of Induction....1st 2 days went by rather well....We can post daily menu's or just daily card intake, I like to just post carbs, as long as Im under 20 a day, I will be honest with everyone if I cheat, well you will al know...thats the only way to be accountable and keep in check what I eat.

2cute4u_04: if you can only post your weight once a month, well thats ok too.....Maybe on the same day every month, like the 1st or something.

HI again Rodmick....great to see you here!!!!

Hello Bernice, I have read some of your posts, you are a great motivator we would love to have you with us....

Amya2922: Welocme, we are about the same as far as stats, I am currently 160 and want to be int he 130's by Sept....Good Luck!!!

Think I welcomed everyone if I didnt Im sorry its not intentional

Have a wonderful morning everyone
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 07:45

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Day 2 down and day 3 starting. Since I've lced for ages but not really done induction I have a few ?'s. First are we doing net carbs after fiber subtraction? I'm finding a problem with Low bg's trying to do induction carbs. I ended up slightly over the last 2 days of induction due to late night bg drops and needing a protein/carb mixture snack. If I'm subtracting fiber the way the last book I read said I should be in line with induction levels though.
I'm doing a chart to see a pattern in my weight with my cycles. Can I just report when it changes downward instead of a set day?
I promise to tell ya'll if I cheat too!! I have an event on 6/4 as motivation so I shouldnt cheat(even with the pms~!).
Its nice to check in and see our list of challengers grew!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 08:00

BF:
Default Good Morning

Well its already almost a finished day for me....1 more hour to go

I ate lunch a few hours ago.....

We ate at burger king (yes they have what they consider one here in Kosovo) LOL

I had 2 Whopper Juniors...(they are small and one patty a piece) Without the bread of course and that was all I ate Had water to drink, a 12 oz bottle....

Breakfast wasnt great but still within induction, a couple peices of bologna and Jalepeno cheese (gotta watch that cheese or its gonna get me)

Plus another 50.7 oz bottle of h2o....So doing pretty good on day 3....Remember to drink your water!!!!!

Rodmick......Yes we are doing Net Carbs.....I have been around 15 carbs a day so far....And I feel stuffed...I am also taking a supplement. Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

anyone joining we will start day 1 induction as of today....A few of us are already on Induction but I will go a few days farther than 14 and Im sure some of the others will too......Hope to have Lots of Losers....
By the way heres my starting stats.....I'm sure I have lost a couple already but I am making myself wait until Monday morning to weigh in again

We will do it SW/CW/GW Goal weight being what you want to be on Sept 1st, if need be we can stratch the challenge to Sept 15th just let me know if anyone wants too....Just copy and paste stats from the previous message

MePlus1 160/160/130

We can do this guys/girls!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 08:02

BF:

BTW, Bernice is ahead of us all...she has posted Pics already.....I will get mine up before Friday!!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 08:05

BF:

Everyone please remember I am in Kosovo so there's a time difference but I will look at this thread and post to it everyday!!

6 hours ahead of NC/7 ahead of Ok/9 ahead of cali
Just to give you an idea
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 08:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/142/117 Female 5'6"
BF:

Hey I would love to join too! I need some motivation also, and it would help so much to be in this challenge. I am currently on my 3rd day of induction, and I am more than willing to stay longer,

I just need help uploading pictures, I have pictures on my computer I have tried to put up but they say it is too big, how do I make it smaller so I can use it?
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 08:20
Low Carbing Diva

Stats: 315/296/250 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Name........SW/CW/GW

MePlus1....160/160/130
Bewat21...268/268/240

I've been doing meat and eggs for the last 2 days so my numbers are really low. I'm going to stop in a couple of day. I just needed a jump start. I've been off tract for the last month and this has helped alot. I'm going to do induction after I'm done with the meat and eggs.

MePlus1: I love water, it's getting me to exercise consistantly that is the problem. I've been getting better but I've got a long way to go.

Melska: when you have the picture you want click on it and then go to file and click on edit then click on image. next click on stretch/skew and then change the picture as needed. This is for windows. I have no Idea how to do it for Mac. Hope this helps.

Bernice

Last edited by bewat21 : Wed, May-18-05 at 08:30.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 08:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melska
Hey I would love to join too! I need some motivation also, and it would help so much to be in this challenge. I am currently on my 3rd day of induction, and I am more than willing to stay longer,

I just need help uploading pictures, I have pictures on my computer I have tried to put up but they say it is too big, how do I make it smaller so I can use it?

Melska....HI and Welcome....3rd day thats great, most of us are already on the 3rd day also....I know how to change the sixe on a Digital Cam, but not sure when its already on your comp....except to crop some of it out....Maybe someone else has a better answer.....Wishing lots and lots of luck!!!!

Bernice- your post just caught me before I posted this ....Great timing
I make myself do Some king of Exercise every night, night before last I did 50 sit-ups, last night I played my DDR game.....Fun too LOL.....Try to find something thats fun for you, but also gets your heart rate up....I KNOW you can do this girl....

EVERYONE DRINK YOUR WATER!!!!!!

C-ya all tomorrow
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 08:36
Registered Member

Plan: Insulin Control Program
Stats: 170/170/145 Female 62 inches
BF:
Thumbs up Up for the challange

Hi, I would love to join your challenge. I am over 45 and starting my third year of University in September. I feel out of place both because of my age and my weight. So many of my fellow students are in such good shape, but they are under 25, also.

My friends at school are all so young, but they don't seem to mind my age or weight. I act younger than I am anyway. But my weight really bothers me.

I will post a pic next week. This weekend will be hard, big wedding to go to. I know I'll blow it, but at least it will be on my mind. So, I'm sort of considering my starting point to be Monday, and will weigh in on Mondays.

I'll be doing the insulin control diet I think. I am getting the book next week. I think that's the best one for me because I am badly hypoglycemic.

Looking forward to the challenge. Perfect timing!

Best of luck!

Barb