Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 18:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 252/224/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 27%
Talking Newbie from Florida

Howdy, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Angie. 27 years old living in Jacksonville, Florida. I am a student majoring in chemical dependency(big word for drug/alcohol counselor.
I started this program 3 weeks ago and have lost 8lbs. YAY! I have a long way to go but I am taking it day by day.
I am proud to say that I haven't had a soda in a month and two days. That in itself is a great goal for me to prove that I have willpower. This coming from 64 oz + a day drinker. The other night I had a dream that I was drinking a huge fountain drink and felt all the feelings of drinking a coke such as the tingle on my tongue, the sugar slowly escaping down my throat and when I woke up I felt disappointed in myself cause I actually thought I drank it. Needless to say, it was a beautiful dream. LOL
Anyhow, I felt that it was only fair since I found this wonderful website with all these wonderful people included, that I should let you know who I am.
Thank you for making this site. It really helps when I need that support. I hope to make a lot of friends here.
Angie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 19:01
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Hi Angie, welcome to the forum. This is a great place. I have found it picks me up when I'm down, finds me when I am lost and it is a great place to chat and make friends. If I never visit here again from this day forward I will never forget my LC buddies. Give the chatroom a try one night, it can get really wild in there most times, and above all there is so much information here that you could probably read for 4 days and not get through 1/4 of it. I know, when I first started I didn't want to post and didn't have a DANDR book yet and I found my first 2 week induction menu and all the do's and don'ts in here till it arrived.
I love the recipe section too, it is jammed packed with legal cheats and menu ideas. Congratulations on choosing this forum and your new WOE! Good Luck on your LC journey!