Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-10, 07:18

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 251/239/215 Male 6ft 1in
BF:
Progress: 33%

Great list!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-10, 20:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/183.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default flax seeds on induction

I use ground flax seeds for laxative and do some protien shakes - should these not be done on induction,.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-10, 12:22

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:
Progress: 37%
Smile Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by digicode
Is Stevia (liquid) allowed on the Atkins plan??

I haven't seen an answer to this question about Stevia. I would like to know too, please.

I was on Induction for the 1st time in years last week (3/21 to 3/27) and two days out of the seven my carbs were over 20. Do I need to not count last week and start over until I get it right? Also, I'm eating 2 eggs & 2 sausages every morning with coffee. Would it be better to eat something else for breakfast sometime?

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie-B : Sun, Mar-28-10 at 12:36. Reason: I wanted to add to it.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-10, 12:33
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I would say "yes." The product wasn't well known in the U.S. at the time Dr. Atkins wrote his books. Now, though, many people use it successfully while following the Atkins plan.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-10, 13:28

BF:

It's great to have the list to refer to on here!

Thanks,
Charlie
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-10, 15:42

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-B
I was on Induction for the 1st time in years last week (3/21 to 3/27) and two days out of the seven my carbs were over 20. Do I need to not count last week and start over until I get it right? Also, I'm eating 2 eggs & 2 sausages every morning with coffee. Would it be better to eat something else for breakfast sometime?

I would not restart your first 14 days on induction just because you ate over 20 (net??) carbs as long as you are sticking to the rules and limits of foods on the allowed list. Dr Atkins picked that number as being the number most people would get into ketosis eating, and you might have a much higher CLL than that.

The only reason to change your breakfast I reckon would be if think you might get bored with it I tend to eat the same thing for a few days then change to something different just for variety but many people eat the same old same old for weeks with no problems.

As long as the sausages are not like the ones we get in Britain which nearly all contain wheat in some form as a bulking filler
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-10, 16:51

BF:

Thank you Elizellen,

I was concerned because I've been eatting eggs & sasuage for BK most of the time for years. I never get tired of that and I know that everyday I'm starting my day off right, my carbs are always low and I'm full for hours.

Can someone tell me what those things are for next to our names, like the bufflo?

Thanks again,
Charlie
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-10, 18:31
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

It represents the number of posts you've made. Just click on it, and you can see the whole series.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-10, 18:07

Stats: 152/152/130 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Is mayonnaise allowed in induction? Mayo is a great source of fat plus no carb! (Hellman's mayo) but i don't see it listed in here
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-10, 19:31

BF:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by helawiki
Is mayonnaise allowed in induction? Mayo is a great source of fat plus no carb! (Hellman's mayo) but i don't see it listed in here

Yes, it is allowed on iduction. I buy the Great Value brand cause it's cheaper.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-10, 22:59

Stats: 152/152/130 Female 170cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

thank you so much Charlie for answering my question!! but i have another question about the sugar amount in mayo. In the Hellman's mayo it says 0 carb but in the ingredients, there is sugar listed!? So im a bit concerned about using mayo Should i keep using mayo?
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-10, 13:29

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by helawiki
thank you so much Charlie for answering my question!! but i have another question about the sugar amount in mayo. In the Hellman's mayo it says 0 carb but in the ingredients, there is sugar listed!? So im a bit concerned about using mayo Should i keep using mayo?

Your welcome, and I'm no expert but I eat at least 2 Tbs a day of mayonnaise.

In the Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution book on page 99, under FATS & OILS it says "Mayonnaise is permitted unless you are on yeast restriction." I don't what what yeast restriction means.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-10, 16:02

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Mayonnaise is allowed if all its ingredients are on the allowed list for induction (eggs, oil etc)
In my copy of DANDR it says
Quote:
Prepared salad dressings without added sugar and no more than two carbs per tablespoon serving are also fine.
There are 'no added sugar' mayonnaises around if you look really hard at labels, if you don't want to 'risk' the added sugar in other makes.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-10, 16:25

Stats: 212/175/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 60%

"In the Hellman's mayo it says 0 carb but in the ingredients, there is sugar listed!? So im a bit concerned about using mayo Should i keep using mayo?"

If there are less than 1 carb, they are allowed to list 0. I would guess that is what is happening with your Hellman's. I would use it and not worry. It sure makes things tastier (egg salad, chicken salad, lots of things.)
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-10, 18:05

BF:

Is Mayo the same as Mayonnaise? I don't have any Mayo here to compair but, I have compaired at the store and I remember thinking I like what's in Mayonnaise better for my lifestyle.