Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-18, 11:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385/380/240 Male 74"
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Starting Over

Enough is enough. I am fat and I am tired of it. I lost 70 lbs on Atkins in 2000 and have put every single pound back on. I had my knees replaced and do not want to wear them out sooner than they should. I want to travel and not worry about my seat on a plane or when I go out where I will set. I KNOW how this works and why, now I just have to SHUT MY MOUTH AND SUCK IT UP AND DO IT. Not exactly a high I'M BACK introduction but more of a honest assessment of who I am and where I am at. I will be asking for some help and guidance but what I put in my mouth is really up to me. Sorry about being so harsh but sometimes a good bit of self examination can be helpful as well.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-18, 14:18

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi, Laker. Welcome! It's nice to have you here. I wish you success, and much joy in LC-living.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-18, 18:49

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Welcome back Laker44.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-18, 05:31

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome back, Laker

It is great to have you recommitted to a LC lifestyle that you know works. You have lost the weight before, you can do it again! So I want to write the following with extreme kindness because we have all fallen and restarted again...we all want to help you find a way to better health....But you have written almost the same introduction in '13, '17 and now 18.

What has prevented you from staying low carb, only writing one post and then leaving? Was it the Atkins program you were on...maybe easing into lower carb slowly would be better for YOU. Maybe doing a stricter, even lower carb plan would be better? Are you an abstainer or moderator? http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=468195

Maybe you need to find buddies who have a long weight loss journey ahead? http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49
Last year someone linked you to Ken, he has written often about what changed this time, losing 250 pounds, over his previous LC and LF attempts at weight loss. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=475679 please reach out to him.
Do you need a doctor to help you stay in track? Dr Ken Berry in TN has fun info on YouTube. https://youtu.be/6E1C2zq5v58 And if you don’t have medical conditions that need monitoring, you can be coached distance by Dr Westman's clinic in N.C. Or just watch this local guy's practical advice http://www.buttermakesyourpantsfalloff.com

We could continue to throw out ideas to help you stick with it this time...but first, let us know what you think has held you back, what problems Do you find difficult to overcome? Need recipes?support?we all want to help.
All the best,

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Apr-27-18 at 07:28.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-18, 20:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 385/380/240 Male 74"
BF:
Progress: 3%

Your right Janet , thanks for the post check. Life is what happened , be careful how you judge or analyze. I won't be back.

Last edited by Laker44 : Fri, Apr-27-18 at 20:26.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-18, 20:26

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

We have all experienced the downs and ups....this way of eatinng has it 's challenges. Mostly we need a place to fall down, and get back up again.

I have found that here.... I hope you find that here, too.

Life happened to me too. A crappy job actually. ANd I find I am higher than ever. It is daunting. It is frustrating, It is defeating.

BUT, you said it: To Climb a Hill you have to take a STEP !!!!

Good luck!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-28-18, 05:53

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker44
Your right Janet , thanks for the post check. Life is what happened , be careful how you judge or analyze. I won't be back.

Bummer. Sounded like JEY was trying to throw you some rope. I wish you well however and where ever you concentrate your efforts on getting well!