Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 18:43
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

20 MAS (it all goes together, lol)= 20 Minute Aerobic Solution. LOL! Isn't that a grand title? It's a high intensity interval thingie--you graduate your aerobic activity each minute for four minutes (after a warmup) and then after starting at a fairly low level once again, do it again three more times. Except on the final round, you're supposed to go like h*ll warmed over for the last minute. That's the interval I kinda skipped this time.

The ironic part is that most people complain that they don't have the breathing stamina. I'm fine with that part, it's my stubby little legs that just can't take it. Plus I can't listen to my beloved Radiohead since my walkman won't work while I'm running. So bah.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 13:11

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

Well, no matter how you slice it, it doesn't sound like fun to me ! And not to worry - those legs will catch up with your lungs in no time ! You are fortunate that your lungs function so well! You should hear me sounding like a dying steam train when I do cardio !
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 14:38
Kid R

I've lost track of what day I'm reporting on, lol. Oh yeah, Monday, third week of first challenge. UB, pretty good chest, back, and biceps. Still having problems with the shoulder stuff, and didn't do triceps. Will do those tomorrow. Also did 30 min. moderate cardio. Tina cautioned me to do the shoulders slowly (not to raise weights too high) and also recommended not neglecting triceps as I'd intended to because old ladies get tricep wings. LOL
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 15:26

BF:

Hey RT, I'm not old, I exercise, I am in a good weight range - and I still have flabby triceps !!! But I got them honestly - straight from my mom, who got them from her mom . I'd hate to think what they'd look like if I didn't exercise them religiously !!!
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 17:45
Kid R

OK, Shadow, you've convinced me that Tina is right. I must do those triceps exercises. But at the moment I'm really working on my shoulders--they are so weak. I did a few extra sets of lateral raises at a low weight just to get used to the movement. Pointing my little pinkies up, just as Tina recommends. It's a very funny look.

Today I was really longing for a home gym, it was so noisy at the Y. But I know it wouldn't work, we have no extra space, and the kids would destroy the equipment, lol.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 18:46

BF:

Ah, but just think how tired they'd be by the end of the day after destroying the gym ! And I'm very happy to hear you're starting lightly and building up on the shoulders! That's the way to go, girl !
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 16:01
Kid R

Very small workout today as I was unaccountably tired. (Shadow, I can see your rolling eyes as I type this, lol). Just went for a brisk 30 minute walk while listening to the new Prince CD. Yes, my musical tastes occasionally veer from Radiohead. Tomorrow after Pilates I'll work on preventing those triceps wings.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 11:35
Kid R

Pilates this morning--a wonderful class, Beth taught us some new exercises. Nicely demanding, feel like my abs got righteously worked out, lol. Then at the gym did a 30 minute session on the EFX, average heart rate somewhere in the low 140's. Finally did those triceps exercises, too.

Tomorrow is LB, I may try (if it's not too crowded) to do it as a circuit with some cardio in the mix. If not, will do the regular BFL type lifting.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 11:27
Kid R

Gym was deserted today, it was fabulous, except there was no hot water (which is why it was deserted, d'oh). Anyway, ditched my plan to do a circuit and just carried on with the BFL lower body stuff. Did calves on the Smith device, worked a lot better than trying to lug the weights over to the stairs. Then did 30 min. cardio, average heart rate 135 (tired).
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 11:58
Kid R

Gym was super crowded today, guess everyone who was AWOL yesterday was feeling guilty. Did an UB workout, went pretty well, no weight increases today. Didn't do triceps as by that time I wanted to kill Harriet et al for being so damned noisy. WHY GO TO THE GYM IF ALL YOU WANT TO DO IS HOLD SONOROUS CONVERSATIONS WITH YOUR PALS AND THEN GAB ON YOUR CELL PHONES?????

Ok, that's out of my system now.

Had a 30 min. cardio, first on the rowing machine and then on the EFX. Had planned to use recumbent bike but Harriet et al were settled in over there.
  #41   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 10:22
Kid R

Sunday morning crowd generally less obnoxious than the weekday set, lol. Got a very good LB workout done, and added ab and adductors and a few glute exercises. No cardio as the gym was sweltering. May go back later and try to do it.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 12:42
Kid R

Full 20 MAS today! Yay! On the EFX, really got my heartrate going! Walkman didn't cut out on me, and it helped to go to the gym at 12:30 when it was fairly empty.
  #43   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 05:06
Kid R

K, just a preview so I can hold myself to it, lol.

Pilates mat class this morning.

Then I must go to the gym and do UB except for triceps which I'll do with Tina tomorrow to make sure I have the form correct.

Will check pledge against reality later on today.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 15:15
Kid R

Thursday--UB with Tina.

Friday--20 min. HIIT, 25 min. cardio on EFX.
  #45   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 14:58
Kid R

40 min cardio. 20 on EFX at average 140 HR, 20 on bike at about 130 HR. Didn't do third weight session this week--will make that up tomorrow.