Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: On induction, I drank:
Decaf 225 29.53%
Regular, and I think it impaired my weight loss. 49 6.43%
Regular, and I think it had no effect on my weight loss. 488 64.04%
Voters: 762. You may not vote on this poll

#121   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 10:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Coffee doesn't seem to affect my weight loss, but the past two weeks since we started a coffee club at work, I have both upped my consumption and not been drinking as much water as I should for compensation.
Result? Three pound gain! Let it be water weight. And I'm chugging the water today.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 12:02

Stats: 191/177/148 Female 5ft. 6.5 inches
BF:40.40%/38.10/?
Progress: 33%

I drink one cup of Swiss Mocha International coffee a day. 6 carbs! I count it, but it hurts. I used to drink 2 or 3 cups per day. I'm working on it.
  #123   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 13:17

Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

I drink a cup of coffee about everyother day with cream and splenda and have never had any stalling issues.
  #124   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 22:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 303/287/190 Female 5'5.5"(65.5")(166.5 cm)
BF:
Progress: 14%

I drink strong decaf, and would find it very hard to give up my coffee. I used to drink it black but now that I'm LCing I drink my coffee with cream when my h and kids have dessert. With the cream it tastes so rich and sweet, it's all the dessert I need! It really helps me not feel deprived.
What worries me is that I've just found out coffee has carbs!
  #125   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 22:02

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

I still drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day but I should fess up and admit that my coffee cup holds 16 oz. oops. I drink it with cream and spenda and count all the carbs and it didn't seen to stall my loss during induction. I used to be a Starbuck's Venti Latte fan till I figured out the carb count YIKES!
  #126   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 08:14
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins-OWL
Stats: 201/162.3/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I hadn't had a really good night's sleep in about 5 years. Woke up many times a night and did not sleep soundly. I had 2 cups of coffee in AM with sugar and drank maybe half a diet soda a day.
When I went on Atkins I gave up caffeine and sugar. Within a week I was sleeping soundly all night. I still wake up occasionally but fall right back to sleep.
The only drinks I have now are decaf. I do buy very good decaf beans for my coffee now and I don't feel deprived at all.
Everyone is different. Even if I hadn't lost weight the sleeping all night would have been worth trying the diet. Of course it isn't a "diet" it is my WOE.
  #127   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 07:06

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

When we started induction we started mixing our coffee 1/2 regular and 1/2 decaf. We usually buy a flavored decaf coffee like vanilla nut, or even the holiday cheer type over Christmas.

No idea how much sugar in the flavored kind, but it didnt hurt my weight loss.
  #128   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 19:23

Plan: Back to induction! :-)
Stats: 209/179/150 Female 5'8"
BF:Too Freakin Much!
Progress: 51%

I continued to drink one cup of Tim Horton's (large, double cream, no sugar) all through induction and did not find it stalled me at all. No more than one cup for me though or I do get "jittery" lol.
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 17:20
Registered Member

Stats: 175/164/140 Female 66 inches
BF:?
Progress: 31%
Thumbs up Bless you coffee lovers!

I tried the Meat/Leaves/Berries thing and found it was too loose for me. I need some hard and fast rules to follow. I've been in induction for only two days now. It has all been super easy and I have not felt deprived at all - except for the coffee!! I have had the worst headaches and craving sweets more than ever (I never have had a sweet tooth - I like my snacks crunchy/salty). Oh my! I am so happy now. You have given me the gift of two cups of regular jo a day. Hooray! I'll log back in after my two weeks are up and let you know how much I lost (hopefully). Now I'm off to the coffeemaker.
  #130   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 21:58

Plan: LC
Stats: 200/000/000 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 100%

...MUST have my COFFE ... 2 cups a day...with CREAM....and MUST have my 2 cup black TEA... with CREAM...
  #131   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 14:32
Registered Member

Stats: 175/164/140 Female 66 inches
BF:?
Progress: 31%
Default Coffee/Tea

Wow! Your weightloss is impressive. 220 down to 135. Congratulations!! How long did it take you? Do you have a #1 tip that helped you?

I totally fell of the induction wagon this past week. I was so good for the first 10 days. Alcohol was the culprit. It started with one glass of wine with dinner on my flight down to San Juan for business. I was good and skipped the airline meal and happily ate my caesar with grilled chicken (I did eat the warm nuts - impossible to resist). During my business meetings I picked through my meals and was diligent in only eating the fat/protein portions (small!). During the cocktail reception on my last night I broke down and had 3 bourbon and club sodas and then about 4 glasses of wine with dinner. The next day I was pretty good with food until the plane trip home. I ate an extra bag of almonds and all the warm nuts. Was very proud of myself for skipping the ice cream sundae, but had 3 more bourbon and club sodas. That set the tone for Saturday night and I drank a lot. Sunday I was hungover and ate carbs to my heart's content.

Now I've gained back all the weight I lost during the first week. I'm starting my 2-week induction over again. I vow to stay away from evil alcohol.

Now for the tough question, beyond induction have you completely cut alcohol from your diet?

Thanks for your inspiration.
  #132   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 21:33

Stats: 200/200/180 Female 5'6
BF:0
Progress: 0%
Default gp i agree

Gp I Agree With You On The Starbucks Sugar Free Vanilla..its Great..

Lemme Give U Guys A Lil Hint On Whhat Is Reallygood..

Its Called A Sugar Free Vanilla Breve Latte...

Expresoo W/ Half And Half & Sugar Free Vanilla...i Ge The Medium And Put 3 Packets Of Splenda...its The Best Treat U Can Have On This Woe. Just Delicious,,,,i Dont Know How Many Carbs It Has, But It Has A Lot Of Half And Half..and I See Half And Half Is 1 Carb For 2 Tbs, And There Must Be At Least A Cup Of Half And Half In There,,,but Its Great
  #133   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 14:16

Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I usually drink 3-4 cups a day but am trying to cut it back to 1 or 2 to see if I get out of my stall. I thought I would post a link to this very interesting article about coffee being healthy:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=162907
  #134   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 16:37

Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I drink only decaff coffee now.
  #135   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 20:10
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

First i discovered root beer floats (made with diet rite root beer and heavy whipping cream over ice.)
Then I discovered cordidito's. Oh man...
all have caffeine.
And i drink my coffee black, no sugar.
No... i don't believe my coffee consumption had anything to do with my weight loss... but i think the diet soda and heavy cream did. Once i cut those out, the weight loss began again.