Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  Finally Feeling Great 2

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 12:42

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Great to hear, maggie. It's always nice to have someone come back after reaching goal. All the best to you, and I hope we see more of you around the board.

Nat

P.S. I deleted your first post (after you posted this one) as there was nothing on it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 15:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 280//180
BF:
Progress:

Maggie, that is great! You need to update your profile, because it says you are still 180.

Keep those success stories coming!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-01, 15:00

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 230/218/170
BF:
Progress: 20%

MaggieMay,
First I want to comment on your name. It always reminds me of the Deep South! It's lyrical and fun.
Second, thanks for your words of encouragment. I look forward to your posts. What were some of the things that you did that you felt really made a difference foryou in the long run?
sorry to hear that you were ill, but I hope that you will be back to your healthy, energetic thin new self soon!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 16:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/135
BF:
Smile

Katherine,

Thank you very much for the compliment. The name is simply an endearing name my mom has called me all my life.

One of the greatest things about this WOL is I get to experiment. I love to cook! I spend many hours scouring the web for recipes, I also come up with my own or take bits and pieces from a number of different recipes. I find it challenging to cook for myself as well as three kids and a hungry husband while trying to keep everyone happy. I have yet to have anyone complain.

I also try to keep as active as I can. With winter coming up I start to want to hibernate. I walk, chase kids, clean and spend plenty of time going up and down stairs at work. I suppose it is a number of things that keeps me happy and energized. I find that keeping myself busy and getting out of the house keeps the cravings at bay.

On top of kicking the carbs I have also kicked the nicotine so it's even more challenging, but it's so worth it!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 17:43

Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default congratulations

Congratulations on your success. I sure hope you drop by often and help the rest of us get there.........

Also, I"m sure you must have many recipes that the rest of us work love. (please say you'll share!!). Any recipes you post that are your original creation, I'll post in the Lowcarb Forum Recipe Section. All new recipes are from our own members. Originally we posted all recipes, but now we are only includ "our" own creations, which I think is really neat, so that they will be unique to this site!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 00:21

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 230/218/170
BF:
Progress: 20%

MaggieMay,
From what you've written, it sounds like you've made this part of your lifestyle. You've gotten recipies for the whole family, so you're not deprived and you stay active. sounds like you have it wired. Thanks for sharing that. It helps to hear how people make it happen for themselves.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 12:20
Registered Member

Plan: SMD
Stats: 160/151/135
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default Congratulations!

Way to go Maggiemay! Don't forget how much your story means to us! It's almost like having dessert when I read about the success of others! Filling and satisfying! LOL!

I would be forever grateful also, if you would consider sharing your recipes with us--since you've already done all the 'groundwork'! Thank you!

mg
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 14:53

BF:

I'll have to check my notes and start posting a few. I can't really think of anything at the moment.

I agree, people's success stories are such an uplifting read. It really inspires me to keep up the good work. With the holidays coming it will be interesting! At least my Thanksgiving has been and gone. Now all I have to worry about are all the Christmas goodies our contractors leave at our reception desk!

Happy days to you all!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 14:55

BF:
Default Ottawa

Maggie, you may or may not know, we are having an Ottawa get together next month (Dec 1st). I thought I would send you an official invitation to come join our little group as living inspiration

Nat
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 15:28

BF:

I wish I could! My office party is that night and it's a pretty big deal. A good 800 people or so will be attending and I always look forward to dressing up and getting my hair done. It's good to pamper yourself now and then. Is the get together during the evening?
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 17:36

BF:

No, It will be in the early afternoon, plenty of time to get all dolled up and have a great lunch! Follow the link I included in my first post All the info is there.

Nat
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-16-07, 11:40

Stats: 175/175/125 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I would love some advice

Hi, my name is cathy. I noticed you weighed 180 when you started the diet. I weigh 175 and was wondering if you could give me some pointers. I've only been doing the low-carb thing for 3 days now. I've been eating hot dogs, eggs turkey and cheese. DO you think if i continue doing this it will help? And what other easy foods are there? THanks for your time! ANd cograts on loosing weight

Article tools