Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 20:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, IF
Stats: 266/253.4/150 Female 5'1" inches
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Having a hard time, this time

Howdy All! I'm new to the boards, but not to Atkins. I feel really down trying this time. Once again, I lost weight and gained it back. I am a binge eater. This time, I have limitations (only a microwave and a dorm fridge, little surface area for prep) and it's ****ing with my mind. I have no kitchen, no sink except for whats in the bathroom. I know how to work the program...I've done it enough times. I like to IF with one meal a day.

I'm really feeling my weight and feel like oh, god, here we go again and it's sooo much weight to lose.

Huh, maybe this should have been a journal entry instead, but I know this group understands when you're looking at the weight mountain. I think I just need some fellow support.

Last edited by Rosebud : Mon, Sep-25-17 at 21:29. Reason: Crude language not permitted, as per our rules
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 11:45

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

One meal at a time, one day at a time....you know that where you are is not where you want to be so make the decision and start down the path.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 04:43

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hello, you're situation sounds a little uncomfortable but maybe not having great cooking facilities isn't all bad!
IF with one meal a day every day seems a bit draconian to me. I must admit I don't do IF and so I can't really speak to that but if you are depriving yourself it may be one reason you cave. I suppose keeping the window small is a way to control a tendency to binge, but I would find it hard to eat just in the evenings, if that's what you do.
It is hard to lose weight. We're programmed to hang on to it in case the food runs out for a while. Don't think about all you have to lose. Maybe get a pair of jeans that fit you loosely now and try them on every couple of weeks.
As for prepping meals, you can cook or heat almost anything with a microwave (except eggs!!). Get a microwave LC cookbook. I'm sure they exist, if only online. Maybe figure out a week's worth of menus and then rotate them for a few weeks.
I wish you success and am rooting for you!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 05:49
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks you guys for the votes of confidence. Its what I need right now.
~sniggle - yeah, that's the way to do it. one day at a time, one meal at a time.
~lulumae - I do use IF to curb the binge tendencies, but I think I do need to adjust how many meals I do eat for now. Once I'm full into fat burning, one meal is enough. I'll search online for lc microwave meals (or at least how to cook via microwave).
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-17, 07:17

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Why not check out tips from the Ketogenic Diet ...if you don't have decent cooking facilities, their recipe ideas could still work. If you could yourself an electric fry pan & a small crock pot (from a thrift/2nd-hand shop?), it could help offer variety to you. Are you able to get a little bar fridge for your room (even a 2nd-hand one)? That could also work as a bit of additional working surface to the desk in your dorm room while holding some salad fixings for yourself.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-17, 10:03
Registered Member

BF:

~Schwarz - our rules for what we can cook with are strict. I cant' have a fry pan or crock pot. I have a small fridge which has the microwave on it. I thought a lot about how I've been succcessful in the past by NOT having variety and sticking strictly to induction and I've sworn back on strict induction starting today. I will also check out the keto area for ideas. Thanks!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-17, 14:53

Plan: LC
Stats: 303.8/273.6/145.0 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:50.1%/48.1%/24.1%
Progress: 19%

There is a way to cook scrambled eggs in the microwave. Scramble an egg into a mug, then cook. Scrambled Eggs in the Micro

DH and I lived in a hotel when we were in between houses earlier this year. It also had a mini fridge and microwave. I bought prepped salads and boiled eggs, canned tuna, lunch meat and cheese slices, Babybel, string cheese, pre-cooked bacon, pepperoni slices, pickles, Nathan's Beef Franks (not for everyone, I understand) and olives. And of course pork rinds for snacks. Some delis offer cooked or prepped items such as roast beef, meat loaf, etc.

Helpful items: A small bowl, can opener, large spoon, knife, kitchen towel, paper towels, and small cutting board.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-17, 15:35

Plan: mix of IF and Keto diet
Stats: 283/256/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Oh, yes ...I forgot how many 'mug recipes' can be found on the internet. Good idea Ivegotthis! Eggs/crustless quiche/omelets can all be made in a mug. Here's a link to a bunch of low carb mug recipes you can search out:
https://www.pinterest.ca/nurseu2bef...onders/?lp=true
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-17, 16:48

Schwarz, good call! I'd forgotten about mug muffins, Atkins Danish, etc.

I thought of another one: Canned green beans, and, depending on what phase one is on, jarred artichokes.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-03-17, 07:38
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks, ya'll for the good ideas!!! I'll check those recipes out. And thanks, I'vegotthis, for the specific items.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-03-17, 08:50

You betcha, SGG!