Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-19, 08:44

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Into the valley of low carbs I go again.....

1st day...back. Drifted up from 185 to 208 over the last 18 months, so I am at it again, with a new goal of 180 (I am going to be a lean, mean 55 year old machine at 180:-) I have probably 5 lbs more muscle than I did in October 2017, so 180 is going to be a fun challenge. I also have a new pair of 34 waist Levi's that I would love to comfortably wear....so there is that.

Breakfast today - 3 eggs and 5 strips bacon (How can anyone not love low carb breakfasts?)

Planned Lunch today - Pan fried steak and salad

Planned dinner today - Rib eye steak and salad

Snacks - cheese sticks and pork rinds

Goal is to stay below 15 carbs for 2 weeks, and then add in some nuts after that. I do not plan to step on the scale again until May 1 so I can post my weight on the May thread. My thought is that it will take 2-2.5 months to reach my goal...as long as I do not waver and keep carbs below 30. Wish me perseverance and fortitude!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-19, 09:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Sounds great, Sniggle. I wish you perseverance, fortitude, and all the best. Keep your eyes on the prize!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-19, 07:14

BF:

On to day 2. Day 1 probably came in under 10 g carbs, with the only carbs coming from salad dressing and a few small pieces of tomato in my chef salad I had for dinner, plus 1 or 2 from the lettuce and cheese. As you can gather, I am not into counting carbs, but I figure I do not need to if my food consists of nothing but meat and leafy vegetables.

Had my bacon and eggs breakfast (had to fight the cat off for it), and the rest of the day meat and salad/celery, + cheese and pork rind snacks. Got yard chores this morning, so I am off.

180 or bust!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-19, 07:21

Plan: no plan
Stats: 222/222/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress:

I am also on a fresh start of Low carbing, on day 7 here.Good luck to us.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-19, 08:04

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Sniggle. . I wish you much joy and success. To me, LC is being in a place up high, with fresh air, and beautiful views, where it's easy to be calm and think clearly. All the best to you.

Hi, KatnCanada. . Welcome! I wish you victory and happiness in your LC path.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-19, 09:59

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katncanada
I am also on a fresh start of Low carbing, on day 7 here.Good luck to us.

Katncanada, I wish you perseverance and fortitude! We both are looking to lose around the same weight, so its a race then
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-19, 06:24

BF:

Day 2 went well, again keeping carbs below 20. I did a little research, and re-familiarized myself with net carbs vs. total carbs. I am going to mostly rely on the net carbs number when making judgments on what to eat. As I do not meticulously count carbs, I am just looking to stay below the limit I have set (I use the same approach on my check book).

I did have a little headache last night, and had a little trouble sleeping...not sure if this was due to low carbs or something else, but no big deal. If it means I am dropping into ketosis, good.

On to day 3. Had a nice omelet for breakfast, will have a chef salad for lunch and some meat/salad combo for dinner. Today is chest day, so I will be lifting with my son, pushing through the pain in my left shoulder, right elbow and right hip...ain't getting old a blast:-)
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-22-19, 09:33

Plan: no plan
Stats: 222/222/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress:

Getting old you say, haha yes my Birthday is Wednesday and turning 56 yrs YOUNG... today is day 8 for me , I am not tracking this time around I am basically doing lazy keto. I have spent most of my life battling the bulge.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-19, 05:52

BF:

Day 3 is in the books....and it was challenging. Low energy, combined with a feeling of not being sated even though I had plenty to eat, made some points of the day pass slowly. I did stick to plan, mostly meat/fish and greens, with the only deviations a small handful of almonds, 2 cherry tomatoes (finished leftover salad my wife made for her and my son), and some teriyaki sauce on the salmon (2 g carbs). I am confident I ended around 20 g carbs.

I did get the workout in with my son, and although my bench was off, and I begged off the dead-lifts due to some hip discomfort, I powered through it, even though I felt like I had less energy.

Just did a breakfast of bacon and eggs, and am looking forward to a lunch of denver steak and salad.

I will endeavor to persevere:-)
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-19, 06:37

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Are you taking enough water and salt? The two cups of salty broth mid morning and afternoon, now recommended for LC side effects, helps keep up energy.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb#side-effects
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-19, 06:49

BF:

JEY100, great suggestion, and I think I have some beef and chicken bullion in the house. I will have a cup at around 10:30 AM
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-19, 04:53

BF:

Day 4 in the books. I ate too much yesterday....not that I ate too many carbs as I was below 15 g...but I ate too much meat, eggs and bacon. It was kinda a reaction to the hard, hungry day 3. The good news is that my hunger seems to have subsided substantially (although some of it is due to the stress my teenage son is causing at the moment), so I am looking forward to moderating my meals today accordingly.

Planning to just have 2 eggs and 3 pieces of bacon for breakfast, 1 pork chop and an iceberg wedge for lunch and a similar portion of something for dinner. Some MCT Oil is arriving today, so I will try that out also. I think I am burning fat, and I am looking forward to watching the love handles fade away...again.

I did have a pretty good work out yesterday, as the pain in my shoulder and my golfer's elbow seems to be waning at the moment. May do some work outside after work today, but it is a no lift day.

May also find time to take a nap...little sleep last night worrying about my son.

Endeavoring to persevere!

(p.s. I did look at the bacon package, and as I suspected there is a little sugar in the large blocks of bacon I buy... it says 1 carb per slice, although I suspect it is some fraction less than 1. No matter, I like the taste and the thickness, and I have a few carbs to give for bacon candy in the morning:-)

Last edited by Sniggle : Wed, Apr-24-19 at 05:57.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-19, 05:26

BF:

Day 5 in the books...pretty much went as planned. Kept carbs below 20, and ate less than I did the previous day. Had a few snacks scattered throughout the day (1 cheese stick, 10 or so pepperoni slices, 7 almonds, a few slices of sandwich meat ham). Thankfully, I got a good night sleep last night, as the latest struggle with my son got moved a little further back in my brain.

Today should be much like yesterday....2 eggs and 3 strips bacon for breakfast, steak and a ice berg lettuce wedge salad for lunch, whatever protein my wife cooks for dinner and a salad. A good lift (hopefully) this afternoon.

I did start taking MCT oil yesterday (2 teaspoons), and plan to take a full tablespoon today after breakfast.

I plan to weigh myself on Saturday morning...so 2 days away from the first hard evidence that I am again on the right track. I perceive that I have dropped some weight when I look in the mirror at my love handles...but the mirror could be lying:-)
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-19, 13:04

BF:

Day 6 went uneventfully. Stuck to below 20 cabs...did a bit of snacking on a cheese stick, some almonds, pepperoni slices, celery stick, but resisted the urge to snack too aggressively.

Unfortunately I did not lift, as son was tied up trying to catch up at school, so today I will do the chest/tris/legs workout.

Tomorrow morning I get on the scale...as it will be 7 full days. Hoping to see around 203, but whatever it is I know I am doing the right things.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-19, 07:10

BF:

First off....the scale tells all...203.8...a little under 5 lbs lost for the 1st week. I am happy with that. I look less thick in the middle, and the 36 work pants I wore yesterday were perfectly comfortable. The 'pants size transition' really starts as I approach 210, so glad to have some breathing room.

Day 7 was good. I was on the road till mid afternoon, so I packed 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast and had a deli steak salad for lunch (it may have had a 3-4 more carbs then I would have ideally liked with cherry tomatoes an some sweet pepper, but since I had essentially no carbs for breakfast it was all good. Dinner was delicious lamb chops on the grill and broccoli.

Also had a pretty good workout yesterday, although I am stalled on the bench. The son knocked off his 4x5 at 175 on the bench, so it will be on to 180 for him next time.

Endeavoring to persevere!

Last edited by Sniggle : Sat, Apr-27-19 at 10:12.